Jude Law IS ????

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by Dark Raven, Oct 29, 2014.

1. AndrewGilkison Registered

It's important to remember that this is the MCU continuity and not the comic canon/history (even if they are using that source materiel as inspiration, that is all it is... inspiration). Moonstone hasn't shown up in a Captain America movie so there is no reason she couldn't be Carol's enemy from the start. Captain Mar-Vell isn't getting his own movie and isn't going to be a main hero in this Marvel continuity, so there is no reason why he couldn't be turned into a supporting player in Carol's origin and not the the other way around. Even if Carol initially inherits Mar-Vell's rogues like Yon-Rog to start, that just means she is taking care of his unfinished business. She is a legacy hero, after all. That doesn't mean she has to be diminished, because she can still own the role and make it her own and take it forward.

2. MbJ Registered

IMO I think Moonstone could easily work as an origin villain just so long as you rejigger her origin story. Maybe make it so the stone that grants her powers is some sort of artifact the Kree were transporting that ends up on Earth when Carol gets her powers.

3. Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

I'd rather Moonstone not be her first villain and I don't like the idea of Carol getting her powers on Earth. Too many things happen on Earth. Carol's first villain should be Kree and she should get her powers in space. As Feige pointed out, Carol's origins are from Earth, but she got her powers and has her adventures in space.

4. MbJ Registered

It's also not like rogues gallery reassignments don't happen in adaptations all the time anyway.

5. Silvermoth Avenger

It honestly wouldn't surprise me now if marvel cast jai Courtney as mar-vell. Not sure how I feel about that

6. AndrewGilkison Registered

If Marvel wanted a beefcake for Mar-Vell it's too bad Channing Tantum is already playing Gambit. He has more charisma in just one of his abs than Courtney has in his entire body.

7. Silvermoth Avenger

Oh gods no channing Tatum is so gross

8. Immorta Registered

I think MarVell should be Gerard Butler. I would go with a blue and red battle suit Gold star and gauntlet that go up the forearm about half way. gold lines run to the knuckles. emulating power enhancement/ energy projection capabilities. a retractable helmet blue in color. visually resembles his original helmet. pointing out over the nose. but streamlined. (not genis' helmet. the suit mostly blue with well placed red trim. the abdomen red plates with blue trim. he would be B.A.

9. Silvermoth Avenger

So Mar-vell should be about Brie Larson's age if they go with her I think. That in mind, who is a good idea?

I still think Ryan Kwanten would be good but maybe going for a more diverse choice might be an interesting choice like Diego Boneta or Jake Choi might be interesting?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#134 Silvermoth, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  10. The Infernal Mky Mk

I can't picture Kwanten in the role. Though I could see another True Blood alumni such as Alexander Skarsgard as Cpt. Mar-vell.

11. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I don't want any of those in the role. It would be good if we had a typical leading man type playing Mar-Vell, who gets killed off early in the movie or in Infinity War. So imagine you had someone like Chris Evans whom everyone expects to be the hero, but then it turns out that actually the seeming love interest ends up the hero instead.

Someone like Armie Hammer could be good in a role like this. I don't know if he's charismatic enough to carry an entire movie in the MCU, but playing Mar-Vell would suit him and would feature him just long enough to pass the torch to Carol Danvers.

12. AndrewGilkison Registered

My idea is Mar-Vell was Captain Marvel a long time ago, and the last time he was spotted in the galaxy Star Lord was still a kid, but he disappeared and hung up the costume and has been hiding on earth for decades. Yon-Rog tracks him down and goes after him on Earth. Carol gets caught in the middle and she gets her powers and has to take up the fight.

That makes it almost a generational story where Mar-Vell was a Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers classical male square jawed cosmic hero back in his day and Carol is the modern version, a strong woman in the modern day who puts her own stamp on the Captain Marvel name and makes it hers as she takes it up.

13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well, to that end, how about Sam Jones as Captain Mar-Vell?

[​IMG]

He would bring with him all his history as Flash Gordon, so that we'd instantly buy into him having been a hero in the past. And he's still in good shape for the part.

14. harryoscop Registered

Sam Claffin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. DanielFM Poor-man's Cap

Hell yes. It has been in my mind since last time I saw him and I wasn't even aware. Very good choice.

16. superman-mos Registered

So this would probably be answered if I'd just do a little research but has it been announced or even mentioned if Captain Mar-Vell will play any part in this movie ? I understand that this is the movie continuity and not the comics but I'd feel a little betrayed not having him play some sort of role as he is held in pretty high regard in the comic books . I've always seen him as the Superman of Marvel and it's just a world without its greates hero, like DC had they never brought Supes back.

17. Silvermoth Avenger

Literally nothing has been confirmed except the script writers, the star and that kevin feige said she was "the most powerful hero".

But it's nice to post pictures of cute guys.

Oh come on every other thread about superheroines is full of underwear shoots so we can have one

18. MbJ Registered

Marvel has a Superman and his name is Steve Rogers. But regardless, the comparison to Superman is really stretching. Mar-Vell was never as prominent or integral in or out of universe as Superman is to the DCU.

#143 MbJ, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  19. superman-mos Registered

I was kind of referring to the regard in which he is held . I've always felt that was the reason he was never brought back . The Death of Captain Marvel is held in high regard as one of the greatest stories and greatest deaths that I've always felt Marvel truly never wanted to tarnish that by bringing him back and have the whole thing seem meaningless . However Mar-Vell has a lot of fans and some type of acknowledgement would probably go a long ways for those fans

20. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

[​IMG]

21. MbJ Registered

Is he actually a good actor? Because everything I've ever seen him had him overacting to an absurd degree.

22. Abudefduf Registered

I know that guy... he once played the villain in a Walker Texas Ranger episode.

Please don't judge me. :csad: :hehe: All joking aside, personally I think he's a bit too old for the role.

23. trich19045 Registered

Chris Pine
    Glen Powell
    Scott Eastwood
    Sam Claflin
    Garrett Hedlund
    Aidan Turner

#148 trich19045, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  24. Silvermoth Avenger

Ha! Well, ok

[​IMG]