Julie Benz on her in role in THE PUNISHER

Apparently she's also going to be in Saw 5.

THey just need to kill off that series once and for all its like the power ranger series after the first one the rest just sucked and made my childhood crap.

THey just need to kill off that series once and for all its like the power ranger series after the first one the rest just sucked and made my childhood crap.

Not that I still watch Power Rangers or anything, but someone should me the "Forever Red" episode on youtube, and I thought that was pretty bad ass.

She looks better as a brunette:

From the front page:

EXCL: Julie Benz on Punisher: War Zone
Source: Heather Newgen June 9, 2008

Julie Benz (Rambo, "Dexter," "Angel") hit the green carpet of The Incredible Hulk premiere Sunday night at the Universal City Walk to support Gale Anne Hurd, who not only produced this Friday's Universal release, but also Benz's upcoming action-thriller, Punisher: War Zone. Benz, who confessed she's a "big Hulk fan," stopped to chat with ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! about the new "Punisher" film, for which the trailer should be out "within the next three weeks," according to Hurd.

CS/SHH!: What can you tell me about "Punisher: War Zone"?
Julie Benz: It comes out in December and you're going to see a much darker, edgier Punisher than you did in the past.

CS/SHH!: Did being a brunette help you get into character for the film?
Benz: Oh yeah. I play this kind of New York Italian cop's wife and had to do an accent and everything. It was great. I've never been brunette before and I loved it.

CS/SHH!: Tell me more about your character.
Benz: I have a small daughter in the movie. Stuff happens and I get very angry.

CS/SHH!: Why do you get so angry?
Benz: There's no good guy to me. Everyone is bad.

Nice interview. :up: Wish we would hear a little more from Dominic West.

New Interview for Julie Benz:

NRAMA: Now the Newsarama readers would come after me if I didn’t talk to you about Punisher: War Zone. First off, what an interesting cast. You have Ray Stevenson as Frank Castle and Dominic West as Jigsaw...

JB: Dominic is really an amazing character actor. Also, I think Ray Stevenson brings a lot of weight and pathos to his role as the Punisher. He plays the darkest Frank Castle you’re ever gonna see. It’s a much darker movie. Dominic West is just terrifying as Jigsaw. He was both terrifying and charming, if that is believable. I had such a great time with the two of them. Both men are incredibly talented and I was in awe being in the same film. I think this will be the one to really launch the franchise.

NRAMA: Well, your character of Angela isn’t exactly a saint, either.

JB: They’re not playing her that way. She’s the wife of a cop, an undercover cop. She’s definitely pissed off at everybody because of something that happens to her in the movie. Still, she’s a mother first and foremost and she will do whatever it takes to protect her daughter. She’s got a little more edge to what I usually play. It’s also the first time I had to do an accent, I hope I did a good Italian-American one. Still, she is not a passive player like Sarah. She won’t let herself be a victim no matter what the situation. She will take action first.

NRAMA: So what was that shoot like?

JB: It was nothing compared to Thailand. When you’re dealing with 120 degree heat, it’s nothing, even when you’re doing minus 20 degrees in Montreal. I mean there was one scene where we were filming in this grain silo and it got so cold it actually was snowing inside. It was actually colder inside the grain silo than outside it. It was cold!

SOURCE: http://www.newsarama.com/film/080529-julie-benz.html

she is great in Dexter, should be a good addition to the movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"