'Jungle Cruise' Movie starring The Rock and Emily Blunt

boggle-playing-chicken-these-are-three-separate-movies-31321851.png

I’ve seen that one, pretty funny. Still I love old school adventure movies and I don’t consider Jumanji to be that at all. Still a great movie, the original at least, haven’t seen the new one. Still Jungle Cruise has peaked my interest

The Rock is the new Arnold.

The Rock is the new Arnold.

If the Fast and the Furious franchise ran from the 80s into the 90s, Arnold definitely would've gotten in on that ****.

Bumping this thread because another one was made.

Nothing says period film quite like The Rock

He's sure dressed like Humphrey Bogart in The African Queen.

From an artistic and quality standpoint the rock is nowhere near Armold or any of the other action greats, he doesn't even have a classic movie yet, but I can't blame him for doing as many as possible and collecting money. Never know when it'll be over.

He looks like a goofy, oversized dork in the video and I dig it. :D :D

I think Johnson & Blunt's on screen chemistry will be off the charts and I'm really looking forward to it.

Did they use the phrase "candy ash" back then?

Well, he's at least certainly beat all other wrestlers-to-movie stars.

Though I have a soft spot for Mr. Nanny.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/jesse-plemons-dwayne-johnson-disney-jungle-cruise-1202757276/

Jesse Plemons is setting sail with Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt in Disney’s “The Jungle Cruise,” sources tell Variety.

Plemons will play one of the film’s villains. As previously announced, Edgar Ramirez and Jack Whitehall are also on board.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/paul-giamatti-joins-dwayne-johnson-disneys-jungle-cruise-1099013

Paul Giamatti, who worked with Dwayne Johnson in the movie San Andreas, is reteaming with the box-office star for Disney’s Jungle Cruise.

From an artistic and quality standpoint the rock is nowhere near Armold or any of the other action greats, he doesn't even have a classic movie yet, but I can't blame him for doing as many as possible and collecting money. Never know when it'll be over.

Exactly, I don't blame him. I just hope he's saving for a rainy day so that he doesn't end up doing DTV movies one day.

He just needs to work with stronger directors in the vein of James Cameron, John McTiernan, John Milius and Ivan Reitman like Arnold did in his prime.

This is the issue with far too much of what Dwayne does. He is a charisma machine but the projects he does and the creators he's worked with end up more often than not giving us product that feels just so focus group tested to the point of blandness. Even his considerable screen presence can't blunt the soulessness of most of these movies. Yeah, it's his career and he's making bank but... Seems a waste if you had considerations beyond just money, ya'know? Plus... I think we passed already the point of diminishing returns with this approach to his projects. There are a lot more Baywatches and Skyscrapers than Jumanjis at this point I think.

He used to go outside his comfort back when he was starting out. Get Shorty. Faster.

The era of classic action hero eroded. He adapted.

Emily. We all love you but if you really want money, here's a little suggestion:

$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"