Jurassic World: Dominion

Extra footage is still not going to make me re-watch it still. One time was boring enough already. :hehe:

I'm going to buy it for completion's sake but I am curious to see if the extended version is an improvement. Since it's putting the prologue back in I'm guessing it's at least a little bit of an upgrade.

I will buy it for the same and I will watch the EE at some point but I won't be in any rush.

Obviously buying the extended right away seeing as this is one of my favorite franchises and loved Dominion. Tuesday can’t come soon enough :up:

On the other hand this franchise has gone from Jurassic World's almost $1,7 billion in 2015 to this.

This and with the old cast coming back from JP 1 to on top of it. Before this movie came out I though it had a shot at 2 billion. It struggling to make 1.

On the other hand this franchise has gone from Jurassic World's almost $1,7 billion in 2015 to this.

Exceptional box offices like that are rarely repeatable, and need some substantial buildup and hype.

This.

Like a Force Awakens scenario of buildup the first time around is impossible to recreate. + coming off a pandemic.

Can't sneeze at almost a billion when there's only two films this year (so far) that have done that.

I started watching the extended version last night and the prologue is still better than anything seen in the theatrical cut.

All due respect to those you who enjoyed it, I found this movie unbearable just like Fallen Kingdom. I can’t decide which is the worst of the franchise.

All due respect to those you who enjoyed it, I found this movie unbearable just like Fallen Kingdom. I can’t decide which is the worst of the franchise.
I don't think you're in the minority there.

To be honest, it wasn’t any worse than say a mediocre Marvel movie. But then the original Jurassic Park is such an incredible film I can see why people feel the drop off more with these especially with the OG involved.

I still think JP 3 is the worst.
JP3 for me is when the franchise gave up on being taken seriously (not that I can't enjoy it). TLW wasn't perfect by any means, but it earnestly tried and for that I will always treat it like a proper JP sequel.

Yeah, JP3 has always been a "turn your brain completely off" kind of movie for me. If I just want mindless dinosaur action, I watch it. But if I want to watch good films, I always refer to the first two JP films. And Jurassic World even though it's not on the same level as the aforementioned two.

Though admittedly part of my love for JW is simply because Bryce Dallas Howard is so stunning. :D

I love all the sequels for different reasons. But I remember when TheLost World lost me…

gk83ZyFp-600x338.gif

Since then I came to terms that none will probably capture the magic and horror of that original movie lol.

I would have been more forgiving of Dominion if there was more focus on the dinosaurs instead of those damned locusts since, y'know, they're kind of the main attraction that the entire franchise is built on. Much like The Rise of Skywalker there are some things in Dominion that I do enjoy but as a whole it's not good, although I can't bring myself to really hate it because the franchise has been near and dear to me since I was a kid.

I will say though, the locusts seem like what Michael Crichton would write about for 10 chapters if he were writing a new novel lol
The locust plotline isn't even necessarily a bad idea, but when there's more focus on that than the concept of dinosaurs freely roaming the modern world like the ending of Fallen Kingdom promised, including the locusts getting more attention and screentime than Blue and the Rex combined?

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"