Jurassic World: Dominion

Nice. I only just rewatched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and managed to enjoy it a lot more with expectations lowered. I’ll be interested to see what the next stage is after how they left things.

Nice. I only just rewatched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and managed to enjoy it a lot more with expectations lowered. I’ll be interested to see what the next stage is after how they left things.

I have grown to like FK quite a bit since being disappointed when I first saw it.

What does “Dominion” suggest? That the dinos will take over and dominate the globe? :D

Honestly, are we expecting otherwise at this point? They're totally aping Planet Of The Apes here, also what with Blue representing Caesar and such.

Just give me a dino crisis movie and be done with it.
giphy.gif

Just give me a dino crisis movie and be done with it.
I'm not too familiar with Dino Crisis but some of my online friends more familiar with those things mentioned there was game reboot underway that got cancelled within the last few months in part because of the pseudo-monopoly Universal claims to have on Jurassic-style dinosaurs.

What does “Dominion” suggest? That the dinos will take over and dominate the globe?
Seeing as JW Dominion is set to launch yet more Dino films, one would assume that Dominion isn’t going to kill off all the dinosaurs.

The name would suggest that dinosaurs are going to become a large part of the planet going forward, possibly replacing many of the other wild animals already on the planet, although truth be told I’m curious how so many dinosaurs are likely to exist to be in a state of dominion considering how few seemed to be left living at the end of JW2.

I do hope they don’t pull a Planet of the Apes though. Last thing we need is intelligent dinosaurs with lasers on their heads.

Seeing as JW Dominion is set to launch yet more Dino films, one would assume that Dominion isn’t going to kill off all the dinosaurs.

The name would suggest that dinosaurs are going to become a large part of the planet going forward, possibly replacing many of the other wild animals already on the planet, although truth be told I’m curious how so many dinosaurs are likely to exist to be in a state of dominion considering how few seemed to be left living at the end of JW2.

I do hope they don’t pull a Planet of the Apes though. Last thing we need is intelligent dinosaurs with lasers on their heads.
It’s going to be dinosaur hackers and they’ll also create dinobots (not the cool kind) to bring down the human race by turning them against each other by using the bots to impersonate and troll various groups using social media.

Honestly, are we expecting otherwise at this point? They're totally aping Planet Of The Apes here, also what with Blue representing Caesar and such.
I see what you did there. :hehe:

I hope they have something more planned than just copying Apes.

Well Dr Wu escaped in JW I think he will have a hand in more dinosaurs being around than we saw at the end of FK.

Well Dr Wu escaped in JW I think he will have a hand in more dinosaurs being around than we saw at the end of FK.
We're obviously going to have more Dinosaurs than what seemed to be around at the time of JW2's ending, but there's still gotta' be a limit on their numbers for practical and realistic reasons.

I figure that the Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna weren't the only locations for living Dinosaurs to be; there's presumably another facility/island/region somewhere that is going to come into play here, and where Dinosaurs currently roam. I suspect that public will get light of this place and demand that those Dinosaurs be freed from captivity - or in yet another accident, the power goes down and they all escape.

Short of that, even with all the embryos Wu and team have, it just wouldn't be feasible, practical or realistic for them to be able to replicate/duplicate/clone that many Dinosaurs to adulthood in such a short amount of time to make an otherwise drastic challenge/change to the landscape.

They need to make Dinosaurs interesting, and that doesn't mean hybrids and genetic tampering to make them intelligent or enhanced.

We're obviously going to have more Dinosaurs than what seemed to be around at the time of JW2's ending, but there's still gotta' be a limit on their numbers for practical and realistic reasons.

I figure that the Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna weren't the only locations for living Dinosaurs to be; there's presumably another facility/island/region somewhere that is going to come into play here, and where Dinosaurs currently roam. I suspect that public will get light of this place and demand that those Dinosaurs be freed from captivity - or in yet another accident, the power goes down and they all escape.

Short of that, even with all the embryos Wu and team have, it just wouldn't be feasible, practical or realistic for them to be able to replicate/duplicate/clone that many Dinosaurs to adulthood in such a short amount of time to make an otherwise drastic challenge/change to the landscape.

They need to make Dinosaurs interesting, and that doesn't mean hybrids and genetic tampering to make them intelligent or enhanced.

I think they already said after FK there won't be any more hybrids. And I think we are getting a bit of time jump. So the way Wu has been made into a bit of a villain for the series I can imagine him creating more Dinosaurs and releasing them so they breed with the existing ones.

I think they already said after FK there won't be any more hybrids. And I think we are getting a bit of time jump. So the way Wu has been made into a bit of a villain for the series I can imagine him creating more Dinosaurs and releasing them so they breed with the existing ones.
I’ll be glad for no more hybrids, though I was intrigued to see their take on the Stegceratops. That being said, if Wu is involved, there’s got to be more than just creating Dinosaurs; that guy is in it for the biological, scientific and technological advancement. He’s not going to be content with just creating Dinosaurs. He’s been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

If we’re not going to be dealing with hybrids, it’ll be something else. It won’t just be Dinosaurs as we know them. Wu is far more ambitious than that!

In any case, time jump or not, it can’t be that much of a jump between the films else the likes of Ian, Alan and Ellie(?) would be in retirement homes, and new dinosaurs would need time to grow.

I know the Indo-Rex and Indo-Raptor were probably altered to grow quicker (I think it was actually stated as such in JW), but it doesn’t seem beneficial from a JWD point of view. What would Wu gain?

I’ll be glad for no more hybrids, though I was intrigued to see their take on the Stegceratops. That being said, if Wu is involved, there’s got to be more than just creating Dinosaurs; that guy is in it for the biological, scientific and technological advancement. He’s not going to be content with just creating Dinosaurs. He’s been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

If we’re not going to be dealing with hybrids, it’ll be something else. It won’t just be Dinosaurs as we know them. Wu is far more ambitious than that!

In any case, time jump or not, it can’t be that much of a jump between the films else the likes of Ian, Alan and Ellie(?) would be in retirement homes, and new dinosaurs would need time to grow.

I know the Indo-Rex and Indo-Raptor were probably altered to grow quicker (I think it was actually stated as such in JW), but it doesn’t seem beneficial from a JWD point of view. What would Wu gain?

We will see. I don't think the time jump will be huge, maybe 5 years or so. So if Wu alters them to grow quicker we could have some full grown ones in that time. Wu was in for all of those things previously, but he will be considered a criminal now if Owen and Claire have anything to do with it. In a bid for revenge he may just release a load of Dino's. Who knows. While I like these movies, they don't always follow good logic. I just hope Trevorrow can deliver as his 3rd SW movie sounded better than what we got.

Jurassic World Dominion star Sam Neill talks production return

Appearing on today's (June 24) This Morning, Sam updated fans, saying: "We are about to begin again, and I should be in the United Kingdom, all things being equal, in a couple of weeks. And we'll be at Pinewood working under very strict protocols.

"We'll be breaking new ground, in fact. We're, I think, the first big film to get back into production, and it's going to be very interesting to see the process. I'm very excited about it, its going to be a terrific film."

Speaking of reuniting with co-stars Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum on the movie, Sam added: "I'm so much looking forward to meeting my old friends again."

Phillip Schofield then joked about how Jeff would cope with the new safety protocols, the actor answering: "We got Laura to do the homework and break it down into bitesize pieces."

I'm so looking forward to the interviews with those three.

Exclusive: 'Jurassic World: Dominion' Adds Campbell Scott as Key Character from Original Movie

Veteran character actor Campbell Scott has joined the cast of Jurassic World: Dominion as a key character from the original Jurassic Park, Collider has exclusively learned.

Sources say that Scott will play Lewis Dodgson, the mysterious man in the red shirt and sunglasses who provided Wayne Knight‘s Dennis Nedry with a fake can of Barbasol shaving cream to store the stolen dinosaur embryos. When Nedry is killed by a Dilophosaurus, the canister containing the embryos is buried in mud… but perhaps it will resurface in Dominion?

So Dodgson, the guy who STARTED the chain of events that set this series into motion, FINALLY shows back up. HOW is Dominion not the end of the Jurassic series, exactly?

Bear in mind, Dodgson was the guy who HIRED Nedry to steal the dino embryos and sabotage the original Jurassic Park. Which then lead to all hell breaking loose. Which lead to the events on Isla Sora. Which LATER lead to Jurassic World being made, etc. IT ALL LEADS BACK TO HIM!

So Dodgson, the guy who STARTED the chain of events that set this series into motion, FINALLY shows back up. HOW is Dominion not the end of the Jurassic series, exactly?

Bear in mind, Dodgson was the guy who HIRED Nedry to steal the dino embryos and sabotage the original Jurassic Park. Which then lead to all hell breaking loose. Which lead to the events on Isla Sora. Which LATER lead to Jurassic World being made, etc. IT ALL LEADS BACK TO HIM!

Good point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"