Jurassic World: Dominion

Man I wish Dodgson was used in the earlier movies. That's one of the things I really liked about TLW novel. It was a good escalation of things. I'm still surprised Biosyn wasn't included or competing companies who want the embryos. All fertile ground here.

Man I wish Dodgson was used in the earlier movies. That's one of the things I really liked about TLW novel. It was a good escalation of things. I'm still surprised Biosyn wasn't included or competing companies who want the embryos. All fertile ground here.

True. But had the original actor played Dodgson in TLW circa 1997, it would be a difficult movie to watch today. So it worked out for the best.

Really did not expect this, but as long as they actually bring up what happened to him and Biosyn, there should be some interesting developments there.

True. But had the original actor played Dodgson in TLW circa 1997, it would be a difficult movie to watch today. So it worked out for the best.
True. At least Dodgson is only in one scene briefly in the original film, and it's really only memorable because of Wayne Knight. It's not like seeing Jeffrey Jones in Ferris Bueller or Beetlejuice where he's in it for the whole movie and all you can think of is "Well, there's the sex offender".

Colin Trevorrow Talks Jurassic World: Dominion Shoot Resuming – Exclusive

“For many of us, Dominion was already the biggest creative challenge of our lives, before the lockdown,” the filmmaker says, explaining that post-production was possible for the early scenes the crew had managed to shoot pre-lockdown. “The shooting schedule really worked to our advantage – the first four weeks we put to film were mostly sequences with dinosaurs in them. So that allowed us to get a head start on VFX and workshop some of the newer elements without the pressure of a looming deadline,”

With additional safety measures in place, Trevorrow explains that part of the challenge will be conjuring an imaginative world on screen that’s far removed from this unprecedented era of social distancing and quarantine. “I’m confident our guidelines will keep us safe,” he says. “The hard part will be constructing a creative environment within all the precautions. Once the cameras roll, we have to forget our world and live in the world of the movie. That may take some practice.”

As Dominion is among the very first blockbusters to re-enter production, the filmmaker commends his cast and crew who are keen to get back to something approaching business as usual. “I’ve been really moved by the way everyone has shown support for each other,” Trevorrow says. “We’re all fired up to get back to work. This is what we do, and we’re all eager to get back out there and do it.”

Why do they need to uses locations, the last film was 20% sets and 80% cgi.

Why do they need to uses locations, the last film was 20% sets and 80% cgi.
It's not like Fallen Kingdom was like Infinity War in terms of all-CGI locations. The island parts were mostly on location and the mansion where the entire second half of the movie takes place was a practical set. The sketchy looking CGI dinosaurs are a different story.

True. At least Dodgson is only in one scene briefly in the original film, and it's really only memorable because of Wayne Knight. It's not like seeing Jeffrey Jones in Ferris Bueller or Beetlejuice where he's in it for the whole movie and all you can think of is "Well, there's the sex offender".

I didnt realise he was now a convicted sex offender, but as a kid I always thought he looked a bit 'off' so to speak.

I'd be shocked if this keeps to its release date.

‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ Shoot On Track Despite Virus Cases Reports – Deadline

I understand that there have been no positive virus tests on set, and any positive results, which the studio wouldn’t confirm, will have been on crew prior to arriving at the Pinewood lot. The extensive protocols put in place mean those cases could have been detected on workers who were yet to join up with the production, meaning they won’t have come into contact with anyone else and can now isolate.

Realistically, on a production of this size, with the sheer number of crew required, positive virus tests were at least likely if not inevitable. While the UK is relaxing its lockdown, there are still pockets of the country where cases are spiking. Widespread testing is available, but in the grand scheme of things few people are getting regular checks outside of key workers. The country has recorded close to 300,000 cases to date, and that’s likely to be the tip of the iceberg considering the amount of people who don’t display any symptoms.

For now, Jurassic World: Dominion remains on track, though this is going to be a lengthy process with only four of 20 planned shooting weeks wrapped pre-lockdown. We’ll keep you posted.

tenor.gif

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jul/10/sam-neill-twitter-has-become-toxic-we-dont-need-someone-else-shoutin

What on earth could have tempted his character, the palaeontologist Dr Alan Grant, to return after almost ending up as an hors d’oeuvre in two previous Jurassic outings? “That’s a good question,” he chuckles. “I can’t give anything away, but a real-life dinosaur is a compelling thing to someone who has devoted his life to them. There will be screaming. We know this.”

I could be wrong but looking at the arc of those bruises makes me think she was in a rig that was meant to simulate a large mouth. I'm thinking a dinosaur is going to grab her character by the arm.

I doubt they will do it, but I think it would be bold to have her character actually lose her arm in this film, and have the character overcome that.

I could be wrong but looking at the arc of those bruises makes me think she was in a rig that was meant to simulate a large mouth. I'm thinking a dinosaur is going to grab her character by the arm.

I was actually trying to figure out yesterday what would have made that pattern of bruises, as it didn’t look like just from falling or something. Your idea makes sense.

Star Wars: Rogue One prequel, Kenobi, and Jurassic World: Dominion rumors from Pinewood! | Making Star Wars

Jurassic World 3
My Pinewood sources also told me a little about the next Jurassic World movie in passing. I know some of you enjoy both franchises so maybe these little nuggets will something you’re interested in hearing. I have no idea if they’re already out there as I follow it rather loosely but during our conversation about Star Wars, it drifted to Jurassic World. There were some rumors at Pinewood about productions being shut down because of COVID-19. My sources at Pinewood told me that productions are rather inconsistent with how stern they’re being about protection from the virus but that no dinos are sick. Crew members were tested several times during production, however, another big production supposedly wasn’t testing anyone at all.

Plot rumours:

• Maisie is kidnapped by Dino poachers.
  • Owen and Claire track them down to find a dino habitat owned by BioSyn which Dodgson from the first Jurassic Park is involved with.
  • Alan and Ellie are investigating BioSyn which is how their paths cross.

...so not that different from that rumored leaked synopsis a while ago. Still disappointing if that's the case.

Star Wars: Rogue One prequel, Kenobi, and Jurassic World: Dominion rumors from Pinewood! | Making Star Wars

Plot rumours:

• Maisie is kidnapped by Dino poachers.
  • Owen and Claire track them down to find a dino habitat owned by BioSyn which Dodgson from the first Jurassic Park is involved with.
  • Alan and Ellie are investigating BioSyn which is how their paths cross.

Nice :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"