Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://jurassicoutpost.com/first-lo...otection-group-new-fallen-kingdom-screenshot/

BaryHQ.jpg

Well that would fit into how Owen and Claire get involved in the potential spoilers I posted above.

This story sounds... just so standard. I'm hoping there's more to this where maybe they this is only first act stuff and they get to the mainland for the majority of the movie, but... this is it? This sounds like the plot to a toy JP game or something. It sounds like The Lost World light.

IF you want read what I posted a page back. There’s more to it than the volcano plot.

Hey Claire looks like she's actually wearing proper footwear this time around. ;)

Looks like someone needs to turn over their dino geek card. :o

It basically sounds like the are redoing Jurassic Park 2.

On a basic level, I see some similarities. But we barely know anything else about the movie to form a concrete opinion (unless you've read spoilers).

I hope Claire dies in the first scene.

Plot twist: it's the high heels that ultimately do her in.

Man you guys are really mean. What happened to all the love Jurassic World had when it came out in 2015?

IMHO, didn't really like Claire at first, but I felt like her character grew into one who was a lot more likable as the story progressed. yeah the high heels thing was dumb, and I was one of the most vocal critics of that, but I just chalk it up to being one of those dumb things you will often see in movies.

I saw the movie, and never loved it to begin with. Also Claire was the most interesting character in that film (not that that's saying much), so she's probably the one who most needs to stick around. Well besides Ian Malcolm of course.

I will be curious to see how Malcom figures back into things. And if recent events might dictate Malcom's role having to be reduced or cut from the film completely. Or maybe have Sam Neill back as Alan Grant and just replace all the Malcom scenes with his.

Man you guys are really mean. What happened to all the love Jurassic World had when it came out in 2015?

IMHO, didn't really like Claire at first, but I felt like her character grew into one who was a lot more likable as the story progressed. yeah the high heels thing was dumb, and I was one of the most vocal critics of that, but I just chalk it up to being one of those dumb things you will often see in movies.

giphy.gif

(we can make fun of things we love, mate)

I love Jurassic World, but not for the characterization, which was astonishingly simplistic for a movie made in 2015. I wouldn't have minded if they wrote her arc better. That being said, I didn't find her annoying like a lot of people did.

Still love here I loved JW it’s my second favorite in the franchise behind JP. I dunno what some people expect from these movies. It’s dinosaur goodness and action, simplistic human characters shouldn’t be an issue but maybe that’s just me. :shrug:

Either way to each their own but the love is still here from me. I think for some (not all, some) it’s easy for them to jump on the it’s cool to hate JW train. Which hey whatever, go for it. I’ll be on the hype train :cwink: :oldrazz:

Still love here I loved JW it’s my second favorite in the franchise behind JP. I dunno what some people expect from these movies.

Fun? I didn't have it. I felt like a sucker because I fell for a cash grab that didn't even try not to be one. Vapid, unlikable characters. Dull action sequences.

I will be curious to see how Malcom figures back into things. And if recent events might dictate Malcom's role having to be reduced or cut from the film completely. Or maybe have Sam Neill back as Alan Grant and just replace all the Malcom scenes with his.

Where did you hear Malcolm could be cut from the film?

Fun? I didn't have it. I felt like a sucker because I fell for a cash grab that didn't even try not to be one. Vapid, unlikable characters. Dull action sequences.

I’m sorry you didn’t have fun, but I had tons of fun. And it seems many many other people did too so. Hey again sorry you didn’t have it. I dunno what to say haha. If you watch this one I hope you have some fun with it.

What are you referring to?

giphy.gif

(we can make fun of things we love, mate)

I love Jurassic World, but not for the characterization, which was astonishingly simplistic for a movie made in 2015. I wouldn't have minded if they wrote her arc better. That being said, I didn't find her annoying like a lot of people did.
I apologize, sometimes it's hard for me to get the gist of the joke in text form.

As for the characterizations, I thought most of the characters were written better than Jurassic Park 3 and 2 at least. I think the way Claire started out could've been a bit better. I thought she was too much of a heel at the outset.

I apologize, sometimes it's hard for me to get the gist of the joke in text form.

Especially around here on the hype it can be difficult in text form to determine what someone is feeling or trying to say.

Especially around here on the hype it can be difficult in text form to determine what someone is feeling or trying to say.
Also the other reason I stated that is because I've seen a lot of hate in general directed toward Colin Trevorrow and Jurassic World in the Star Wars Hype forums. And look, if you don't like the movies fine, but it just seemed to be a dramatic shift when World came out and most were praising it.

Still don't regret it seeing in theaters, despite its flaws. That final battle is still balls-to-the-wall awesome to me and worth the admission.

Also the other reason I stated that is because I've seen a lot of hate in general directed toward Colin Trevorrow and Jurassic World in the Star Wars Hype forums. And look, if you don't like the movies fine, but it just seemed to be a dramatic shift when World came out and most were praising it.

Agreed I remember the reactions over there to him being taken off episode 9. Just seemed very over dramatic to me.

Still don't regret it seeing in theaters, despite its flaws. That final battle is still balls-to-the-wall awesome to me and worth the admission.

That final battle is so :hmr:

I’m sorry you didn’t have fun, but I had tons of fun. And it seems many many other people did too so. Hey again sorry you didn’t have it. I dunno what to say haha. If you watch this one I hope you have some fun with it.

I'm expecting to enjoy it more given the change in creatives. This is like Matt Reeves, Russos, Rian Johnson...Justin Lin :oldrazz: taking over for you know the franchises. My only quibble is that the sequel still has the previous writers attached.

Yeah, that's one of my few concerns at the moment, but hopefully Bayona worked out something better with them in the writing department.

I don't really recall most people overtly praising JW, at least not around here. Consensus seemed to be that it was either pretty cool or simply alright, but nothing amazing or ground-breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"