Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really recall most people overtly praising JW, at least not around here. Consensus seemed to be that it was either pretty cool or simply alright, but nothing amazing or ground-breaking.

THats fine, I mean most opinion are. That said, I’m agreeing with the other guys up there, it seemed JW was pretty positively received overall just a couple years ago. I don’t know if it was the Book of Henry debacle or earlier, like when he was brought on to Star Wars, but somewhere either a lot of people saw it for the first time or lots took a second look, and suddenly it’s seemingly more hated than JP3.

That's fine, I mean most opinion are. That said, I’m agreeing with the other guys up there, it seemed JW was pretty positively received overall just a couple years ago. I don’t know if it was the Book of Henry debacle or earlier, like when he was brought on to Star Wars, but somewhere either a lot of people saw it for the first time or lots took a second look, and suddenly it’s seemingly more hated than JP3.

Earlier. There were notable internet critics who thumbs downed JW...and it seemed like people who enjoyed it were in it for the schlockly or nostalgic nature of the movie. I've even heard B-movie plot thrown around.

Jurassic World wasn't very good in my opinion. It wasn't very memorable. I hope this will be better.

JW is the second best film in the franchise. A solid 7 or 8 out of 10. But to each their own.

I guess I'm the only one here who shamelessly loves The Lost World. :funny:

That's nothing. I legitimely enjoy Jurassic Park 3.

Minus ALAN, the Spino v Rex fight and Téa Leoni of course.

Right here, brother.

JW might be the better film, but TLW is more interesting and has better characters. Yes, I understand they're on the thin side but the casting alone and the utilization of them more than makes up for it. Plus, I love the cynicism, the darker tone and how all the wonder is gone. It feels like a natural follow up from the first movie. It's more of a King Kong scenario where it's open season and everyone has their own motivations for what they want to do with the dinos.

And it has mother****ing Pete Postlethwaithe as mother****ing Roland Tembo, the most interesting character in that movie and one of the best in all of the movies.

Really wished they kept that one deleted scene as his actual introduction.

Really wished they kept that one deleted scene as his actual introduction.

Eh, it's a great scene by itself but in the context of the rest of the movie it's too long and totally halts the momentum of the plot. I totally get why they cut it.

So I’m a member of a few JP forums.And at one point a guy came claiming he had inside info. We were skeptical but things are seeming to line up, so spoilers potentially for anyone just in case.
James Cromwell is Benjamin Lockwood, a man who once worked on Jurassic Park with John Hammond but differences split him off the project. He agrees to fund a rescue mission to the island because the volcano is going to erupt. Owen and Claire somehow get involved.

The dinosaurs are supposed to be transported to Site B. It turns out Lockwood is going to take them elsewhere. At some point the climax involves an auction with rich guests bidding on dinosaurs.

There’s another plot line involving a new hybrid, likely for military application , the Indoraptor.

So...

This still sounds like TLW in broad strokes. The particulars are different, but is this climax just gonna involve the dinosaurs on the mainland and it going wrong?

They are really pushing this trailer hard. I actually heard an advertisement while I was listening to the radio in my car earlier. Now, it might not be anything new, but I've personally never heard of them advertising a trailer over the radio before. I hope it lives up to the HYPE!!!

They are really pushing this trailer hard. I actually heard an advertisement while I was listening to the radio in my car earlier. Now, it might not be anything new, but I've personally never heard of them advertising a trailer over the radio before. I hope it lives up to the HYPE!!!

I've heard Star Wars trailers announced on FM radio and heard radio talk shows mention a new star wars trailer. But I don't listen to radio much anymore so IDK if it's a common thing.

I mean I love TLW too. Just because I love JW and have it as my second favorite doesn't mean I don't love the other films. I love this franchise in general. TLW is great. I even enjoy the stuff with the Rex on the mainland.

As someone who has liked all four films to varying degrees, I enjoy The Lost World’s darker tone and increased focus on Goldblum.

eEq6Xyw.gif

I like TLW till they get off the island. No idea why they went the comedy route in JP3. JW has awesome dino action but I don't really find the human characters memorable. JP has it all and is one of my all time favourite films.

tumblr_npv674Gaa01tfzfzyo3_250.gif

I also loveddddd Williams score for TLW.

I hope that there are some good people who survive besides Pratt and Howard.
There should be lots of new dinosaurs.
I don't want them becoming "friendly" or "heroic" dinosaurs. They are all wild animals.

What happened to the mososaur from the lagoon?

tumblr_npv674Gaa01tfzfzyo3_250.gif

I also loveddddd Williams score for TLW.

Good lord i really wish they'd use the animatronics again, that way the CGI would be even more impressive when it's used. Look at that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"