Jurassic World: Dominion

That was actually the Stygimoloch :oldrazz: But yeah it is a pachycephalosaurid.

I'm gonna be that guy who points out that Stygimoloch is probably just the adolescent growth stage of Pachycephalosaurus per a bunch of well-supported studies that came out in the first half of the 2010s, so you'd be more accurate in referring to it by the latter name.

Had a couple of questions:

1). Dr. Malcolm's testimony to the UN committee at the beginning and end of the film...I assume this was one testimony? Or was he called back for a second meeting? Just seemed weird that initially they had called upon him to get his opinion on whether to save the dinos or not, and then at the end it seems like he's talking about the end events of the movie, which obviously had not happened yet at the beginning of the meeting.

If I recall correctly, it was probably just a single testimony. Dr. Malcolm was pretty much prophesying throughout his speech and was speaking as though the effects of "unleashing genetic power" was already set to somehow upend society, if not just being hypothetical.

I'm gonna be that guy who points out that Stygimoloch is probably just the adolescent growth stage of Pachycephalosaurus per a bunch of well-supported studies that came out in the first half of the 2010s, so you'd be more accurate in referring to it by the latter name.

If I recall correctly, it was probably just a single testimony. Dr. Malcolm was pretty much prophesying throughout his speech and was speaking as though the effects of "unleashing genetic power" was already set to somehow upend society, if not just being hypothetical.

You can be that guy because I am also that nerdy dinosaur guy as well. But I’m just giving that actual name as it relates to the film. Not the overall real life discussion and facts of the dinosaurs. Just like we won’t get into a lot of the inaccuracies and what not because it’s just a film.

I think all the hate the movie and Jurassic World now get are weird. Far from perfect world, but I think they are solid new installments and superior to the first two sequels.

I think Fallen Kingdom did do some new stuff that worked.

I liked the movie for most part but I thought the third act inside the Mansion building should have been shorter and written better.

Which mansion parts should of been shorter and how would it of been better written?

Which mansion parts should of been shorter and how would it of been better written?

If you have a gun with a laser that you need to point at an enemy to order the made-up-a-saurus to attack why not just shoot them?

Also, the made-up-a-saurus just seemed to attack anyone anyway. If it ONLY attacked a person tagged with the laser and ignored everyone else that could have been great and quite tense.

Also also, why let the dinos out of their cages and then open the big door when you could leave them in their cages and just open the big door to let the gas out : /

I liked the movie for most part but I thought the third act inside the Mansion building should have been shorter and written better.

I liked the movie but to agree. Certain parts in the 2nd half of the movie really dragged. I think the island segment should have been longer and mainland sequence shortened.

I think all the hate the movie and Jurassic World now get are weird. Far from perfect world, but I think they are solid new installments and superior to the first two sequels.

I think Fallen Kingdom did do some new stuff that worked.

Yeah I agree, but parts of FK also felt a bit stale. Overall though I have enjoyed both JW movies.

My problems with Fallen Kingdom is that Claire being this hardcore dinosaur rights activist just felt a little off.

Yes, she was changed by the events of the fourth movie, but she never felt like that type of character to me.

Also, the idea of militarizing dinosaurs getting retained from the fourth movie is just sort of insane IMHO.

Like the IREX was a disaster. Why would you want to salvage that and make another one and have another one for covert assassinations? A vicious dinosaur just doesn't seem like an efficient way to kill someone.

You don't send a trained lion to Bin Laden's compound to take down Bin Laden.

Claire being a changed person I can buy, especially in the span of the years beteeen the films. Believe it’s been 3 years in universe. So that I’m completely fine with and for myself personally it works and makes sense.

Also don't like that they broke off Claire and Owen only to have them back together by the end.

I hate it when sequels do that. Hate it. It's so lazy.

I agree on that it is lazy. No reason to have broken them up at all. Should’ve still been together.

One thing I do give Fallen Kingdom credit for is addressing human cloning. The franchise has never really addressed that before. I mean, if you can genetically clone dinosaurs, creating a human clone isn't much of a stretch.

That's hardly a rehash of anything the franchise has done before.

A dinosaur would be the worst thing to use for anything covert. It would be hard to stand out more lol.

Also don't like that they broke off Claire and Owen only to have them back together by the end.

I hate it when sequels do that. Hate it. It's so lazy.

The Ghostbusters 2 syndrome is what I like to call it.

Jurassic World even started with them having been together and split up.

One thing I do give Fallen Kingdom credit for is addressing human cloning. The franchise has never really addressed that before. I mean, if you can genetically clone dinosaurs, creating a human clone isn't much of a stretch.

That's hardly a rehash of anything the franchise has done before.

They addressed it stupidly, though. It felt shoehorned in and only served as motivation for that stupid decision at the end.

Jurassic World even started with them having been together and split up.

I don’t know if going on one date and choosing not to go on another is the same as breaking up.
Going out on a single date doesn’t automatically make you a couple.

They addressed it stupidly, though. It felt shoehorned in and only served as motivation for that stupid decision at the end.

Yeah when the reveal came and went within seconds. It wasn't ever treated as a big deal even though the movie hints towards it several times throughout.

Cool concept, but was horribly handled.

Black Nerd Comedy spoiler talk vid...
[blackout]Rise of the Planet of the Dinos[/blackout] otherwise known as Jurassic World
cool, guess I'll check this out sooner than later

I wonder if the island was completely obliterated of dinosaurs. Perhaps we'll see by the next film. Some certainly escaped, especially the flying dinos. the smaller ones who could swim might have made it to shore somewhere nearby.

I guess owen and claire had to get out of the cage somehow, but I didn't quite buy the goading of the bonehead dino.. but hey, lots of fun when it's set loose.. ;)

they ruined the ending in the trailer!! gah.. I thought those micro-scenes might have actually played out to something, with the "real world" dino confrontations.

... I was glad that the Webb character finally "stepped up" in the climax, but for most of the film with him screaming like a banshee, I was... sigh.. rather disappointed. Yes, "someone" has to be the comic relief, but...
I guess we'll see in part 3 what happens with Owen and Claire's "foster adoption". it wasn't made clear who the rich guy's estate fell to once he died/was killed. The nanny is still alive, yes? She'd probably be interested.

for part 3 I'd want more hybrid dinos. Lots more dinosaur encounters in the wild. what species become endangered due to the dinosaurs? Hmm. we'll see.

What kind of time jump do folks think they'll do? Stick to a "real time" 3 year gap? More? Shorten it to a year? Hmm...

Are the dinos warm blooded via InGen or the "real science" in recent years that speculates on this?

Yeah it's just kind of thrown in there late in the game, but they don't actually explore it in any meaningful way.

Not movie related, but have been playing Jurassic World Evolution lately. Pretty fun Dino Theme Park simulator. Funny enough, for how much they hyped Ian Malcom in the movie, he has 10x more dialogue in this game.

Yeah Ian Malcom had nothing to do in the film. IMHO a waste of the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"