Jurassic World: Dominion

Given that Trevorrow previously mentioned that him, Grant and Sattler would return in JW3, hopefully that's the case.

Still, when you waste Jeff Goldblum, you waste Jeff Goldblum and that saddens me.

Given that Trevorrow previously mentioned that him, Grant and Sattler would return in JW3, hopefully that's the case.

Still, when you waste Jeff Goldblum, you waste Jeff Goldblum and that saddens me.

Goldblum himself even said it was only ever going to be a cameo. There wasn't really a place for him in the story given where the film went. Malcolm's ash would never have gone on that island again since he's dealt with that twice already. But that's why he could have a bigger role in the next one. You don't bring Malcolm to the dinosaurs, you bring them to him.

Goldblum himself even said it was only ever going to be a cameo. There wasn't really a place for him in the story given where the film went. Malcolm's ash would never have gone on that island again since he's dealt with that twice already. But that's why he could have a bigger role in the next one. You don't bring Malcolm to the dinosaurs, you bring them to him.
I never saw him say that anywhere :(

The trailers are to blame for spoiling literally 95% of his screentime.

Truth. If I were them I wouldn't have even put him in the trailers if his screentime was that limited. Hell, they could have made it a surprise appearance.

Finally got around to seeing it and it was a disappointment to say the least. They really made this into such a generic film that happen to feature dinosaurs. They pulled out just about every movie cliche they could think of.

I love that the lion roared back at the t rex. Love lions.

That part was fun.

Last edited:
I just watched that brachio scene...

200.gif

That was horrible. Animal deaths in films have always bothered me a lot, but this was easily the worst I'vits ever made me feel. Seeing that gentle giant surrounded by lava on the shore crying out confused and helpless was so damn painful. It felt like I was watching a beloved pet die and I couldnt do anything to save it. **** you, Bayona. Well played, sir. But **** you. I need to curl up and cry.

^ see for me.... I would have liked to see it try/fight more to get away, like even if a fruitless effort (that still lead to death)... it just took me out of the moment that it just stood there... like jump into the water or something {sure it was tall enough to keep head above water) I feel like any living thing would choose water over fire just out of basic instinct

if the point of the scene was to create empathy/ and show that these are living things that not only deserve to live but want to live... show it doing everything in its power to try to survive

200.gif

That was horrible. Animal deaths in films have always bothered me a lot, but this was easily the worst I'vits ever made me feel. Seeing that gentle giant surrounded by lava on the shore crying out confused and helpless was so damn painful. It felt like I was watching a beloved pet die and I couldnt do anything to save it. **** you, Bayona. Well played, sir. But **** you. I need to curl up and cry.

Did...did you know Bayona confirmed in an interview that it was actually the Brachiosaurus from the first movie? ^^'

Yeah, I felt my inner kid break down at that.

^ see for me.... I would have liked to see it try/fight more to get away, like even if a fruitless effort (that still lead to death)... it just took me out of the moment that it just stood there... like jump into the water or something {sure it was tall enough to keep head above water) I feel like any living thing would choose water over fire just out of basic instinct

if the point of the scene was to create empathy/ and show that these are living things that not only deserve to live but want to live... show it doing everything in its power to try to survive

I think that's exactly why I didn't feel anything in that moment. I was waiting for that sort of crescendo where the brachiosaur would do something to either try and get away or make a particular sound or just something more than simply strike a nonsensical pose and maintain its monotonous moaning calls. Even watching it back now the moment doesn't land. I actually found the Apatosaurus death scene from the previous movie way more moving (even if none of the visible wounds really seem deep enough to have been fatal, but whatever).

Side note while we're on sad non-anthropomorphic sauropod deaths -- I guess the storm outside has put me in a mood -- this one from When Dinosaurs Roamed America messed me up a bit as a little kid. (It's missing John Goodman's narration, but that's not really essential here.)

Consider how animals like cows behave and think. They have a sense of survival but their deduction and reasoning isnt like humans. Hooved animals will not walk over some terrains. Horizontal depressions in a drive or road can be enough to keep deer and other animals from crossing. Its unsure footing and ****s with them so they try to avoid it. And animals do counter intuitive stuff all the time that results in death and could have been avoided.

Sure we think, "Jump in the water, Mr. Brachiosaur!", but this is a giant 62 ton herbivore that may never have been in the ocean or have any instinct to jump or walk into the ocean. It doesnt know what the fire is, it doesnt know that water can maybe save it, it doesnt know what's in that water and how deep it is, or what to do. Its surrounded by fire, lava, smoke and ocean. The only thing on its mind is crippling fear and potentially deadly obstacles all around it. Not to be cruel but in a situation like that it's almost too stupid to survive on it's own, and that makes it even more sad. It couldnt save itself, but humans could have.

200.gif

Ugh, that scene messed me up too. It was just so sad :csad:

Consider how animals like cows behave and think. They have a sense of survival but their deduction and reasoning isnt like humans. Hooved animals will not walk over some terrains. Horizontal depressions in a drive or road can be enough to keep deer and other animals from crossing. Its unsure footing and ****s with them so they try to avoid it. And animals do counter intuitive stuff all the time that results in death and could have been avoided.

Sure we think, "Jump in the water, Mr. Brachiosaur!", but this is a giant 62 ton herbivore that may never have been in the ocean or have any instinct to jump or walk into the ocean. It doesnt know what the fire is, it doesnt know that water can maybe save it, it doesnt know what's in that water and how deep it is, or what to do. Its surrounded by fire, lava, smoke and ocean. The only thing on its mind is crippling fear and potentially deadly obstacles all around it. Not to be cruel but in a situation like that it's almost too stupid to survive on it's own, and that makes it even more sad. It couldnt save itself, but humans could have.

This is spot on. I had no issues with the Brachiosaurus not jumping in the water. Animals do silly things like this all the time.

200.gif

I think the last time i was emotionally compromised as I was watching this scene was when Oberyn martell died....and I knew that one was coming

200.gif

My reaction was really bad. The friend whom I was with exclaimed "Oh God" under her breath as she looked away and I broke down with tears and all. I was not expecting that.

LOL WHUT

Okay, that was definitely the news I needed today.

What freaks me out about that statue is that it looks like modern day Goldblum's face on 1993 Goldblum's body.

This was a better directed movie than the last one, but it was just as stupid. These latest iterations just don't do a damn thing for me. I don't care about Clare and Owen, no matter how much I've liked Howard and Pratt in the past. The villains are mustache-twirling Saturday morning cartoon characters. Why does Dr. Wu get a dramatic musical sting? This guy is barely more than a background extra in the first movie and I'm supposed to gasp when he shows up now? Who gives a **** about Dr. Wu!? And speaking of genetics and doctors and stuff, why throw THAT *spoiler* twist in there and then do NOTHING WITH IT? Why I am supposed to be in awe of a raptor with a gold high light and bigger biceps? And that ending? I can roll with a lot, but not that. Bayona is about 657 times more stylish a director than the dying-limp-fish that is Trevorrow, but he's still not stylish enough to save a movie this foundationally stupid. This should be like Deep Blue Sea, which is also a stupid movie, but it's a gloriously stupid movie that isn't afraid to be trashy while playing it straight on the surface. Good junkfood cinema is hard to pull-off I suppose.

Pretty late to it but finally saw it last night. A lot of stupid things happened in this film but Bayona's directing really made it an enjoyable watch. This idea is really what Jurassic World should've been IMO, instead of a re-opened park. It's way more innovative and the title fits better. Militarised dinosaurs is still a dumb as **** idea and I'm really annoyed that they've seemed to have completely forgotten about Isla Sorna. I know they've mentioned it in viral marketing or whatever but really just mention it a once in the film for crying out loud.

Also, just get rid of Trevorrow. Please. He can't seem to be able to write or direct.

Pretty late to it but finally saw it last night. A lot of stupid things happened in this film but Bayona's directing really made it an enjoyable watch. This idea is really what Jurassic World should've been IMO, instead of a re-opened park. It's way more innovative and the title fits better. Militarised dinosaurs is still a dumb as **** idea and I'm really annoyed that they've seemed to have completely forgotten about Isla Sorna. I know they've mentioned it in viral marketing or whatever but really just mention it a once in the film for crying out loud.

Also, just get rid of Trevorrow. Please. He can't seem to be able to write or direct.

If you want to get technical they do mention it. Mills first speech to Claire, he says everything that happens is in the past, and lists off things. One of those is Sorna. True there’s no further elaboration but he did in fact mention it.

200.gif

There was no need for that scene. No need for it at all. It didnt advance the villainy, and didnt demonstrate the danger of the volcano.

Just a showing of the psychopathic nature of the filmmaker.

As far as the movie. Terrible. Jurassic Park 3 was better.

It was a cliche, and had too many cringy throw backs to Jurassic Park. The raptor's toe clicking, plugging in the T Rex roar after it killed the Carnotaurus (a pointless scene). Then, at the end, the T Rex poses like it did at the end of Jurassic Park.

You kidding me? 4/10. Now, the raptors are sympathetic and cuddly?

Finally watched it last night. Just terrible, terrible. Felt like a high school made film.

Watched the lost world right after..

Lost World Cgi was better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"