Jurassic World: Dominion

Huh. Didn't even know they were making a short film.

I say after this start a new trilogy after humanity is all but extinct. The teaser can be a POV shot of a Dinosaur tramping through the woods into a cave lair..cut to:
Earl Sinclair :"Honey. Im home."
Dinosaurs: Jurassic World 1-3 becomes a stealth prequel to ABCs Dinosaurs.

Make it happen

It's funny because as much as I like to poke fun at fan service and people will see anything if it has nostalgia in it, I feel like the only reason I'm slightly interested in JW3 is the chance of seeing Sam Neill/Jeff Goldblum/Laura Dern. I enjoyed the first JW but FK was just a big disappointment to me. Still, I know I'll be there to see JW3, especially if they shove in Alan Grant.

Is there a rumor about them returning or something? Is JW 3 even confirmed?

JW is my favorite sequel to JP but Fallen Kingdom is my least favorite in the series

Some really nice shots in there (especially the cell phone footage in the end credits) and that little girl is SO adorable...

But man, that dialogue is pretty bad. I would have preferred more cute moments between the family members over a ham-fisted exposition about how they've been a family for two years. So clunky.

Well, I'll say this, it was definitely more enjoyable than Fallen Kingdom. Still, the little girl commenting on the battle was bordering on annoying and
how she drove away the Allosaurus with a crossbow nearly made me facepalm.

Also they literally ripped off two shots from The Lost World trailer scene. Not sure if anyone else noticed.

I had no problem with the dialogue or that spoiler but I get why some would be annoyed by the battle commentating/conversation.

Also they literally ripped off two shots from The Lost World trailer scene. Not sure if anyone else noticed.
Tbh I liked the end credit clips best. For some reason the little girl running around screaming being chased around by compys made me laugh.
And that scene in The Lost World was taken from one of the Michael Crichton's JP books, so I think it was a homage to both.

My only reservation is that I feel some more dumb stuff will slip in despite the interesting plotline. Jurassic World had it and Fallen Kingdom cranked it up to eleven.

Fallen Kingdom had a very basic plot, it had a paper thin story.

Well, Trevorrow is writing the next one much like the last two, so I’m not expecting that much of an increase in the writing quality. The short was cool. Well directed and shot, the dialogue and ending were bad, and reminded me of Fallen Kingdom. I enjoy that movie in a so bad it’s good way, but I don’t think I could stand another movie being the same quality.

At the very least I hope we get some cool sequences and start moving away from the super dinosaurs. I agree that the credit stuff was the most interesting.

That short film proves that if they play their cards right, there's potential for a really good sequel. I like the idea, it is fresh and opens possibilities without repeating stuff from previous films. Even more so if they include characters from all films. It could be one hell of a conclusion to the franchise. I'm one of the few that actually liked Fallen Kingdom though, so what the hell do I know.

That short film proves that if they play their cards right, there's potential for a really good sequel. I like the idea, it is fresh and opens possibilities without repeating stuff from previous films. Even more so if they include characters from all films. It could be one hell of a conclusion to the franchise. I'm one of the few that actually liked Fallen Kingdom though, so what the hell do I know.
Just write some good dialogue and not have characters make mindboggling decisions that no actual human being would do, and you've got a good sequel on your hands.

I can't explain why exactly, but Fallen Kingdom irritates me to no end. Like, I can enjoy dumb movies if they're entertaining enough, but something about the characters and their actions in that movie were just so monumentally stupid that it took out any enjoyment I could have had from it.

I thought it was average really (Battle at Big Rock that is); the scenes were pretty much repeats of what we'd already seen with the JP sequel, and it didn't really add to what was going on, other than showing a camping ground with dinosaurs (we had that in TLW too). Two arrows to the head of an Allosaurus wouldn't have been nearly enough to scare it off either, not if it was hungry which it obviously was.

I also know it's only fictional, but (in the real world) if there's a dangerous shark, or dangerous bear roaming around, it's hunted and captured, or killed. Here we're suppose to disband belief and accept that no agency or government body has decided to contain these creatures? There's not many of them left as it is if I recall correctly anyway.

I'm genuinely curious to see how they're going to do the third JW instalment. There's only a handful of Dinosaurs left, unless there's another island somewhere that we've all forgotten about (even though there are actually already two of them and JW seems to focus only on one).

Yea in reality the dinosaurs loose on the mainland would be rounded up and either killed or captured and relocated somewhere in a short period of time, especially big ones who don't have many places to hide like Triceratops and Allosaurus (I could see some Compys or even Raptors managing to evade capture for a while, but not those big clunky guys). We wouldn't get some "Planet of the Dinosaurs" scenario.

That's a reason why I only like the mainland stuff to a certain extend. This is just a short film though without knowing the timeline and what's going on in the world since Fallen Kingdom's credit scene besides some dinos on lose but there could actually be government agencies working on capturing them.

The reality of what would happen could happen in JW 3 and either franchise finally ends on film or they just go go another island

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"