Jurassic World: Dominion

I feel like that's a plot line they dropped a long time ago, but even then most of the species that are out on the mainland only have a couple of members anyway, so I wouldn't have much hope for their reproductive chances given how bad inbreeding is with what [should be] such an insular population.

What exactly could you do with the three original main characters at this point? If they're gonna be brought in to provide old wisdom and chastise the new cast for their parts in helping Jurassic World exist in the first place, then the whole venture is kinda pointless. They'd have been better served in a setting where the park is still operational and they could once again comment on the ethics of the park and its practices. They're not dinosaur hunters, they're just a trio of folks who were lucky enough to survive prior encounters with the creatures, and only one of them -- the actual paleontologist -- has anything close to relevant knowledge that could be applied to the current situation.

Wasnt Ellie working for the State Department during the events of JP3? Maybe she is part of the US government's response to dinosaurs being in America.

As for Grant, in JP3 he seems to resent everything to do with Hammond and Jurassic Park so I figure Grant is not going to be happy that some fools released carnivorous dinosaurs in America. I bet he gets unwillingly caught up in the plot of JW3.

DeWanda Wise Joins Jurassic World 3 in Leading Role - ComingSoon.net

latest

Could be a completely new character, but with Jeff Goldblum returning could she be playing his now adult daughter Kelly?

I feel like bringing back the "original 3" (Neill/Dern/Goldblum) is a bit of a double edged sword because the negative side of it is you're kinda doing it for fan service and in most cases when you get the actors back for the sake of getting them back, you end up not knowing what to do with them or how to use them in the script so it ends up in a mess. On the other hand, the fact that those 3 are returning is pretty much the main reason why i'm excited for this after having been very let down by Fallen Kingdom.

I love Sam Neill and i'm hyped just to see him return honestly. That's enough for me to see the movie but I just hope they find a way to give this trilogy a decent send off.

I feel like bringing back the "original 3" (Neill/Dern/Goldblum) is a bit of a double edged sword because the negative side of it is you're kinda doing it for fan service and in most cases when you get the actors back for the sake of getting them back, you end up not knowing what to do with them or how to use them in the script so it ends up in a mess. On the other hand, the fact that those 3 are returning is pretty much the main reason why i'm excited for this after having been very let down by Fallen Kingdom.
I would like to think that Sam and Jeff wouldn’t sign on for a main role if it was a lame story.

I would like to think that Sam and Jeff wouldn’t sign on for a main role if it was a lame story.

I would like to think so too, though you can never be 100% sure and maybe other factors like the money, the exposure or even just the thought of reprising a role that made them famous almost 30 years ago could be reasons for accepting. I'm also curious because by the time they secure their signatures and it's a done deal I doubt they have the actual finished script, possibly an early draft and ideas because when you're writing a sequel and you're not sure who will actually be in it, you probably need to pitch some ideas to get those people on board, and maybe once they have signed the story or script changes a bit.

I'm optimistic and hope for the best though. :p

The thing is all three of them are basically gonna come off as grumpy old people who were like, "I told you so". Though it'll be fun seeing them all interact once more.

They already did the, "I told you so" in their respective sequels. Hell, Ian Malcolm was already doing that in the first film.

I would love if the OG kids ( Tim and Lex) came back. I originally thought when they cast Pratt he was playing an older Tim.

I would love if the OG kids ( Tim and Lex) came back. I originally thought when they cast Pratt he was playing an older Tim.

That’d seem insulting to Joseph Mazzello who’s still an active actor, though they did it to Mae Whitman when they replaced her with Maika Monroe in Resurgence because Whitman was deemed not pretty enough.

Resurgence was such ****ing garbage man. It's the only movie that ever made me feel more and more depressed the longer it went on.

That’d seem insulting to Joseph Mazzello who’s still an active actor, though they did it to Mae Whitman when they replaced her with Maika Monroe in Resurgence because Whitman was deemed not pretty enough.

I thought that was stupid because Whitman was doing well on the NBC show Parenthood at the time and she wasn't ugly by any stretch of the imagination. She didn't look too bad during season 4 of the revival of Arrested Development.

Well she did star in the Duff, it was right there in the title. :o

Fair enough. I guess that sort of thing comes down to the size of the part and if the actor is still any good in their adulthood.

I am one of those people who if you bring back a classic character years later in a sequel, bring back that actor if that actor is still active in Hollywood. Only recast if the original actor has retired or has passed away. This franchise is good at bringing back classic characters and the actors who play those characters so I would not be surprised if they bring back Joseph Mazzello or Vanessa Chester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"