Jurassic World - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Trevorrow is going to film Jurassic World in the same 1.85:1 ratio that Spielberg and Johnson did for the past three films, or whether he'll film in 2.35:1.

When I first heard about them filming JW in 35mm and 65mm, I immediately thought it was going to be shot in Scope. Then I realized that The Master had a similar situation, but it was in 1.85:1.

Chris Pratt Speaks On ‘Jurassic World’; Teases Plot & Character Details

Out and about on the promotional campaign for ‘The LEGO Movie,’ MTV News asked Chris Pratt what grabbed him about the material of ‘Jurassic World’ – aside from the fact that it’s an opportunity to join the ‘Jurassic Park’ universe, “What I liked about it was it answers the question of ‘Why would you do that?’ Like, how do you suspend disbelief to be like, ‘Oh yes, let’s make this mistake again. We haven’t learned out lesson about dinosaurs, we should definitely live with them and see how that works out!’ after like three tries at it. They answer the question really well through the script. Colin did a great job of writing it and justifying it and in his own way having fun with that, so anybody who goes in with that question will be really amused—the way I was—about how they answer that.”

On the topic of director Colin Trevorrow, Chris Pratt talked about working with the filmmaker, “He’s got a great vision for the movie… It’s awesome that Steven Spielberg is taking a chance on this guy because he’s got a really clear vision. I sat down with him and it was kind of like with me and [Guardians of the Galaxy director] James [Gunn], we just kind of started getting excited about this.”

Finally, asked whether his character in ‘Jurassic World’ is more like Jeff Goldblum’s character or Sam Neill’s character from the original, Chris Pratt said, “He’s got a little of both. He’s got a little bit of the Goldblum cynicism but also the Sam Neill excitement at the wonder of the biology of it all, so it’s a combination.”

Bryce Dallas Howard, Nick Robinson, Irrfan Khan and Ty Simpkins are also set to star in ‘Jurassic World.’ Colin Trevorrow is directing from a script he wrote with Derek Connolly, though plot details remain under wraps. Trevorrow’s first film, ‘Safety Not Guaranteed,’ starred Pratt’s ‘Parks and Recreation’ love interest Aubrey Plaza. ‘Jurassic Park’ director Steven Spielberg is producing the sequel with Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley, and Universal will release ‘Jurassic World’ on June 12th, 2015.

http://www.flicksandbits.com/2014/02/07/chris-pratt-speaks-on-jurassic-world/64865/

I did say it's too soon yet to know but I really find it a stretch to write off digital with something so simplistic as codecs. Codecs can be written. And rewritten. Transferred or modified to be compatible with other systems. They aren't limited to a single physical medium or incapable of being transferred to another digital one.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean everyone to gang up on you like that, haha.

I do think this: there's room for both.

It's not like when the synthesizer was invented, then every other instrument (guitars, pianos, horns) became obsolete. Image if London Symphony Orchestra was just a bunch of dudes with a bunch of keyboards.

Even going further, when electric guitars were created, acoustic guitars didn't become extinct. In fact, both have difference sensibilities depending if you have a garage band…or an intimate coffee shop set.

In the end, it's about artistry. Whatever works, both old and new. And movies, good ann bad, is art. Culture, baby. Culture.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean everyone to gang up on you like that, haha.

I do think this: there's room for both.

It's not like when the synthesizer was invented, then every other instrument (guitars, pianos, horns) became obsolete. Image if London Symphony Orchestra was just a bunch of dudes with a bunch of keyboards.

Even going further, when electric guitars were created, acoustic guitars didn't become extinct. In fact, both have difference sensibilities depending if you have a garage band…or an intimate coffee shop set.

In the end, it's about artistry. Whatever works, both old and new. And movies, good ann bad, is art. Culture, baby. Culture.

Very much agreed. :up:

we already knew that Pratt is star material. but now JP needs to make money. a marvel movie is not enough. he needs a Spielberg produced movie haha. :)

I don't think that it's real, sounds kind of fake to me.

So Jeff Goldblum put all doubts to rest today when he said he isn't apart of this film. It doesn't surprise me. As much as it pains me as a fan of Ian Malcolm, his story was over. There is no reason why he even wants to think about dinosaurs let alone being next to one.

It is disappointing to me to know neither Goldblum or Neil are going to be in this, but I am still optimistic, I really just want to know more of what the storys actually going to be about.

My mom just saw the new Godzilla trailer she sighed and goes 'that looks nice but when is Jurassic Park coming out'?

^ Indeed. She is probably the biggest fan of these movies I know. She has the trilogy on VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, and Digital Copy. Her favorite line? "Shoot Her"!

So Jeff Goldblum put all doubts to rest today when he said he isn't apart of this film. It doesn't surprise me. As much as it pains me as a fan of Ian Malcolm, his story was over. There is no reason why he even wants to think about dinosaurs let alone being next to one.

It's BD Wong's time to shine!

^ Indeed. She is probably the biggest fan of these movies I know. She has the trilogy on VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, and Digital Copy. Her favorite line? "Shoot Her"!

Not "Hold onto your butts?" :(

lol! Which movie is that from? Which character says it?

spiderman_crying.gif

The first JP, and John Arnold said it.

Idk, I'm kinda bummed that neither Neill nor Goldblum are returning, but it would be tough to feel like it wasn't contrived getting them onto the island(?) AGAIN. Hell, not that I have doubts, but I'm still trying to think of a reason why, after three failed attempts and many deaths, anyone would go near these things. Honestly. That's one issue I have with the sequels (and the first for not delivering the message clearly enough) to not play god with these things. But I'm ranting about stuff that isn't too important. :oldrazz:

Part of me is bummed about that, but then again, he seemed bored in "The Lost World".

I haven't been following this much but are they doing the feathered dinos or the scaled ones? A mix?

Hell, not that I have doubts, but I'm still trying to think of a reason why, after three failed attempts and many deaths, anyone would go near these things. Honestly.
I honestly believe in reality the appeal of living, breathing dinosaurs would be too much of a lure for humanity. I think there would be a cap on people like Grant and Malcolm visiting over and over, but fresh meat (other people without the mental baggage) would be eager.

Fresh meat is the right wording for a JP movie. :p I wonder what the count will be this time around?

I haven't been following this much but are they doing the feathered dinos or the scaled ones? A mix?

I think Trevorrow tweeted something like "No feathers" last year.

Part of me is bummed about that, but then again, he seemed bored in "The Lost World".

He seemed like a different freakin' character in The Lost World. The insightfulness while being the smartest man in the room was completely lost in the sequel. In fact, Malcolm kinda disappears halfway through the film, with bits of dialogue here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"