Jurassic World - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent D’Onofrio To Play Villain In ‘Jurassic World’

EXCLUSIVE: Vincent D’Onofrio and Indian star Irrfan Khan will star in Universal’s franchise reboot Jurassic World. D’Onofrio will play the bad guy in the pic that Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt are also attached to star in. D’Onofrio, repped by UTA and attorney is Ken Richman, recently wrapped The Judge opposite Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall.

He will next be seen in Pelé as the coach and in Run All Night starring opposite Liam Neeson. Khan is repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

Colin Trevorrow is directing Jurassic World from a screenplay he wrote with Derek Connolly. Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley are producing, and it is set for a 3D release June 12, 2015

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/vincent-donofrio-jurassic-world-villain-role/

Haha Khan got the shaft in that article. A little blurb.

I'm actually starting to get excited for this film with the cast they have in place.

Vincent D'Onofrio is a great actor and he's played good villains in the past (MIB, the Cell) or characters that have a creepy volatile edge to them (Law & Order: CI, Full Metal Jacket). I haven't seen much of Irrfan Khan's work, but I hear that he's also a great actor, so that's a good choice as well.

They already had me with dinosaurs and Pratt mixing it up onscreen, but now with Vincent...I am ready.

Pratt and Vincent D'Onofrio in the same movie?

:up:

I really dislike D'Onofrio. So, I guess it's good he's playing a villain, then...

#lookingforthesilverlining.

You mean you dislike the characters he plays, because just disliking him would just be crazy.

Additional info on D'Onofrio and Khan's characters:

Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard star alongside Nick Robinson, Ty Simpkins and Irrfan Khan, who will play Patel, the billionaire owner of a new Jurassic Park. An individual familiar with the casting breakdown tells TheWrap that D’Onofrio will play the CFO of the Patel Corporation who projects the image of a normal family man to mask a hidden edge.

http://www.thewrap.com/vincent-donofrio-play-villain-jurassic-world-along-dangerous-dinosaurs/

They had me when they announced another Jurassic Park film. Always been obsessed with dinosaurs and everything JP, so they had me no questions asked. Nice casting though so far. Wonder if Stan Winston studios will still be doing the animatronic dinosaurs. Unless they plan on going entirely CG.

They had me when they announced another Jurassic Park film. Always been obsessed with dinosaurs and everything JP, so they had me no questions asked. Nice casting though so far. Wonder if Stan Winston studios will still be doing the animatronic dinosaurs. Unless they plan on going entirely CG.

Collin Trevorrow said on Twitter that Phil Tippett is coming back.

Collin Trevorrow said on Twitter that Phil Tippett is coming back.

I don't remember the source, but on the JP Legacy forums, there was a report that Tippet would likely be working on smaller animatronics, possibly Raptors and other smaller dinosaurs, while the larger animals would be completely CGI this time around. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I think it can still look great.

This is shaping up to be the best cast since the original, but we all know who (or what) the real stars of these movies are.

Like Godzilla. It's cool we got Heiseinberg in there, but we're there for the monster.

Another Jurassic Park film makes me excited no matter what but I'm not as sold on Pratt as the rest of these boards and the film community, he is so far just ok to me I don't like the show on tv he's on and from the GOTG trailer (which far from impressed me) he doesn't seem very special to me, but I'll remain optimistic until something changes my mind.

Another Jurassic Park film makes me excited no matter what but I'm not as sold on Pratt as the rest of these boards and the film community, he is so far just ok to me I don't like the show on tv he's on and from the GOTG trailer (which far from impressed me) he doesn't seem very special to me, but I'll remain optimistic until something changes my mind.
I'm not comfortable with being an easy lay for buzzed about actors. I'll jump on board when the actor proves him or herself. I haven't seen Pratt's sitcom work but just because he is good on that doesn't mean that he is a good leading man in films. I'm not dissing Pratt at all, I just like to wait for proof before I praise an actor. I thought the GOTG trailer was so-so as well but not because of any of the actors.

I think the love comes from him going out of his typical comedic comfort zone and actually making a transformation a la Zero Dark Thirty. Those are the actors I take notice of, not the ones that are known as leading men by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"