Just saw the most UNDERRATED film ever, HEAT

Poeman

Avenger
Reaction score
Just caught this again, and i was hooked and overwhelmed by the films story and actors.. namely of course Al Pacino and Robert Deniro.. It really has one of the best ensemble casts and the best Character development in any film i have ever seen

that rememorable scene in the diner, the freakin shootout (Best shootouts i have ever seen and one of the longest) and the end while Pacino is holding Deniro's hand and Moby's God Moving over the face of waters plays had me teary eyed.. so powerful and now it creeps into my top 10 which is very hard to do

one of the most underrated films of all time as well for i NEVER HEAR anyone talking about this movie ... Micheal MANN is the FREAKIN MAN!
10/10

189559.1020.A.jpg

Whoever said Heat was underrated? It was popular when I saw it in the theater since it paired up pacino and Deniro for the first time and features one of the best shootouts ever.Where you been?

i dont here anyone nowadays talking about it.. hell yeah i know it was built up as the biggest thing in cinema when it came out.. film is greatness

i wouldnt call Heat underrated... but its a great film

What the hell is it with people now using the words "under-rated" and "over-rated", go get a dictionary and look up what these words actually mean :o

I wasn't fond of it when I first saw it........I should watch it again.

Jim Gaffigan did a bit once that this thread reminds me of.

Where he saw heat, in like, 2000, and wanted to talk to his friends about it. So he'd go up to them and be like "so, I just saw HEAT" and they'd be like "Congratulations dude, I saw that in like...1996. ass" and just walk off. Cause he took wayyyy too long to see that movie. And thus, it's not a matter of rating, it's a matter of old news.

Heat is brilliant. One of my favourite recent films with a vague film noir feel to it, Mann is good with that kind of thing.

Heat is a very good movie, but I thought it was pretty well received when it came out??

Star wars is SO under-rated. anyone ever checked it out?

:rolleyes::p

Heat is far from under-rated. It has two acting legends in the same film for the first time (if i'm not mistaken) and its quite renowned.

The most underrated film ever is PREDATOR 2.
Heat was very well received, got great reviews and did well financially I...think....despite the fact that it's 7 hours long.

Heat was the male equivalent of a chick-flick btw. A total whack-off.
That scene where DeNiro and Pacino are having coffee? SO embarrassing....they're just smirking the whole time "Yeah, drink it IN, movie-going public, that's right, you know you LOVE it! Bob and Al, tradin' riffs, HAha! Whoo"

And my friends and I got a life-long catch phrase from the movie.

"These guys are GOOD *grudging respect*.

Lol, whatever.

hell yeah Predator 2 is underrated people bash that movie left and right but its a pretty good sequel. Heat isnt underrated at all everyone, I know movie watchers or not, love the movie.

logan_weapon_x said:
Heat is far from under-rated. It has two acting legends in the same film for the first time (if i'm not mistaken) and its quite renowned.
Godfather 2? Duh.

This was however the first time they shared the screen.

logan_weapon_x said:
Yeah thats what I meant...duh :D
heh, really, it's like saying Marlon Brando and Kevin Spacey are finally gonna be in a movie together in Superman Returns.

It is? Ok it's the first time two legendary actors appeared in the same film, at the same time, speaking to each other. Happy Now!? :D

logan_weapon_x said:
It is? Ok it's the first time two legendary actors appeared in the same film, at the same time, speaking to each other. Happy Now!? :D
No, :rolleyes:
I'm on your side.
I was talking to Rock Strongo.
You obviously meant, "working together" in a move as in, "in the same scenes".

Marlon Brando and Kevin Spacey will both appear in SR. Who cares.
Now if they were IN it together, that would be something.

Yeah, thats true, bit hard though, what with Brando being dead and all.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
No, :rolleyes:
I'm on your side.
I was talking to Rock Strongo.
You obviously meant, "working together" in a move as in, "in the same scenes".

Marlon Brando and Kevin Spacey will both appear in SR. Who cares.
Now if they were IN it together, that would be something.
No, he pretty much said "wow, it's the first time these two big name actors have been in the SAME movie." which isn't true. He didn't say acting together to produce a better product.

Rock Strongo said:
No, he pretty much said "wow, it's the first time these two big name actors have been in the SAME movie." which isn't true. He didn't say acting together to produce a better product.

Yeah but now you're going into technicalities, when its obvious everyone knew what I meant.

logan_weapon_x said:
Yeah, thats true, bit hard though, what with Brando being dead and all.
Not with my arcane powers of necromancy. It's be a snap.

logan_weapon_x said:
Yeah but now you're going into technicalities, when its obvious everyone knew what I meant.
No it's not. You pretty much made an ambiguos statement, I called you on it, then you shifted to a less ambiguos statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"