Just saw the most UNDERRATED film ever, HEAT

I felt something was missing because I never found out why

Natalie slit her wrists. Her character came across as that ...problematic

That character exists to show the dire repercussions of Pacino's obsession with catching the thieves. Even compared to DeNiro his life is a mess despite him being the "good guy".

Whatever. I think the movie is overrated not underrated.

Whatever. I think the movie is overrated not underrated.

Nothing wrong with overrated. People seem to think its' a bad word. it just means a lot of people love it. And you're one of the unwashed few.

The thread title is dumb anyway. This flick was very well received by critics and audiences alike. It's never been underrated.

I would say it was underrated because it was a fantastic movie that didn't get any awards recognition that year.

That character exists to show the dire repercussions of Pacino's obsession with catching the thieves. Even compared to DeNiro his life is a mess despite him being the "good guy".

I thought that was pretty much covered by his marriage.

Heat? Underrated? Lol.

Anyway, it's a great movie. It has one of the best action set pieces ever and though Pacino still overacts in some parts of the movie, still puts in a great performance along with De Niro.

Heat and The Last of the Mohicans are Michael Mann's best films.

I would say it was underrated because it was a fantastic movie that didn't get any awards recognition that year.

Most of these film awards organizations have their heads up their asses so they barely count anyway. The film was well received critically and by audiences and performed very well financially. Plus it's just as well regarded today as it's ever been. That's what counts imo.

Someone uploaded the HEAT trailer a while back. :hmr:

[YT]watch?v=0xbBLJ1WGwQ[/YT]

Who want's to read a HEAT prequel novel? :hmr:

Michael Mann launches book imprint, setting 'Heat’ prequel novel as priority http://deadline.com/2016/03/michael-mann-heat-prequel-novel-michael-mann-books-publishing-imprint-1201721330/ …

Writer-director Michael Mann, long one of the most literate translators of words to the screen, has made a deal to launch Michael Mann Books. The imprint will generate a series of novels with a stable of writers and the properties will simultaneously be developed for film and television. Mann will look through his own long list of credits for ideas, and a big piece of news here is that high on the priority list is a prequel novel dealing with the principal characters of Heat, Mann’s seminal crime thriller. The prequel novel will cover the formative years of homicide detective Vincent Hanna (Al Pacino), Neil McCauley (Robert De Niro), Chris Shihirles (Val Kilmer), McCauley’s accomplice Nate (Jon Voight), and other characters so brilliantly layered in the 1995 film. Mann based that film on stories of a lot of real criminals and cops, and references to past experiences are peppered throughout the picture.

I'd totally be on board with that, pending reviews.

I assumed Natalie Portman's character attempted suicide because she was a little emotionally unstable, and her parents were sort of ignoring what was going on with her. As I recall, her character felt maybe rejected and neglected by her father. Like she was supposed to go away with her biological dad for the weekend, but he flaked out on her and it clearly upset her. Her stepdad was obsessed with his work. Her mom was sort of neglecting her as well.

I'd totally be on board with that, pending reviews.

TS, this is a Heat prequel book, I don't care if it's 90% crap. I'm buying that book and seeing how these guy's came to be the people we saw in the movie. :awesome:

zNHjtnu.jpg

“I don’t know if this has gotten out much. I might be breaking the law now, but I’ll say it. The character I played is a guy who’s been around, he’s done a lot of stuff, and he also chips cocaine. And I always thought that was a choice we made, but yet not showing it because it would be somewhat…”
http://www.slashfilm.com/al-pacinos-heat-character/

34hwHE3.gif

Nolan,Pacino,De Niro,Mann :woot:

[YT]EWwbIHi9D90[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"