Justice League Justice League - All the Deleted Footage SPOILER Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agh, yeah. Sorry. I could not resist the crass joke, even if the pic nowhere supports it. I am so weak when it comes to tasteless humor. My apologies to you and Harle.
C. Lee should really ban me one of this days.

No worries, man and no apologies necessary at all. But apparently being compared to me is 'offensive'. I just love these random moments when I see stuff written by one of the very few people I have on ignore here.

So, we're all in agreement then? We wouldn't mind if they just released the workprint version with unfinished FX and score? WB has nothing to lose by releasing it alongside the theatrical version...so long as Snyder complies, I'm sure.

Did something like this ever happened? A version released on home media with unfinished scenes?

Also who on Earth is this source that keeps informing people that the cut exists? :p

Did something like this ever happened? A version released on home media with unfinished scenes?

Also who on Earth is this source that keeps informing people that the cut exists? :p
The Superman 2 Donner cut. It only took a few decades. They used screen test footage at some points, IIRC.

There seems to be more than one source saying that a fairly advanced Snyder cut does exist.

Rough workprint versions have happened before but rarely. Bladerunner did it too. We're in a unique situation though where demand for this version is increasing. $130,000 people are on that petition now and want to see what Zack filmed. I think they have nothing to lose by releasing it as a companion piece to the theatrical cut for the hardcore fans. Right?

Rough workprint versions have happened before but rarely. Bladerunner did it too. We're in a unique situation though where demand for this version is increasing. $130,000 people are on that petition now and want to see what Zack filmed. I think they have nothing to lose by releasing it as a companion piece to the theatrical cut for the hardcore fans. Right?

This may not be just about money and cost of additional promo for 'Snyder's cut'. one of two things will happen if that version is released:

1. It's better than TC and WB looks VERY BAD for meddling and destroying the film
2. It's worse than TC and WB looks good for trying to salvage the film and Zack gets tons of hate again

So if they don't release the cut....I'm inclined to believe option 1. They don't care if Zack gets hate considering how they handled this whole thing and they would jump at the chance of looking better considering how it is now common knowledge how much they cut and how much they interfered

I highly doubt we'll get a Snyder cut mainly because of all the ego's involved and it would mean the WB has to once again (first time being on SvB: UE) come back and say sorry we screwed up and shouldn't have messed with the movie if it is well received. At this point I just want the WB to know that the fans are upset with them and I want news on what they plan on doing with Superman.

I didn't follow the discussion but what up with that special effects verified guy AMA? Was he really legit?

It was odd how he kept saying that the petition is useless.

He probably meant that a petition was useless if it meant to have the studio invest in finishing effects and other cost heavy element for a completed Snyder cut. The home media release does not bring in enough money for that to be cost-effective.

But I think a workprint version released with all the Snyder stuff as it was back in March or whatever, may be possible as complement to a more standard expanded home media version if the demand if enough.

Well, let's be clear, I don't think the studio gives a damn about what a bunch of people on the internet think about them. They dont care if we see them as the evil suits seeking out to destroy our beloved artist's vision. They care about $$$. And the bottom line is, they will do what makes them money. If they feel it is cost effective to release an extended OR bring Zack back in the studio to finish his edit they will take the steps to make that happen. We have empirical evidence to suggest that it may in fact be in their best interest. BvS:UE despite the TC being savaged by critics and audiences made BANK on Blu Ray because word got around that the UE was the "fixed" version of the movie. Whether you believe that or not is a different conversation but that is 100% why it did so well on video. It sold more than Civil War, a highly critically acclaimed MARVEL movie.

WB has the chance to repeat this and salvage the film's reputation by releasing another "fixed" version of the movie.

Well, let's be clear, I don't think the studio gives a damn about what a bunch of people on the internet think about them. They dont care if we see them as the evil suits seeking out to destroy our beloved artist's vision. They care about $$$. And the bottom line is, they will do what makes them money. If they feel it is cost effective to release an extended OR bring Zack back in the studio to finish his edit they will take the steps to make that happen. We have empirical evidence to suggest that it may in fact be in their best interest. BvS:UE despite the TC being savaged by critics and audiences made BANK on Blu Ray because word got around that the UE was the "fixed" version of the movie. Whether you believe that or not is a different conversation but that is 100% why it did so well on video. It sold more than Civil War, a highly critically acclaimed MARVEL movie.

WB has the chance to repeat this and salvage the film's reputation by releasing another "fixed" version of the movie.

I just read comment on my website today from someone saying that as a sign of protest they ain't seeing the film in cinema because the studio cut it up so bad. I imagine that is sentiment shared by a lot of people that is mirrored in terrible box office. I want to see Snyder's cut. I do. But they are hurting the box office further of every single movie they release

How many people will say 'I'm not going to see the Aquaman, it's probably not the final cut and I just wait for the DVD with proper cut' next year? Even if that doesn't happen, the general audience cannot be expected to google news about the film's development to find out if the studio meddled again

They just ****ed up so many times and did the same mistakes. It's....beyond dumb.

I just want this scene. pls.

23280116_982451271903336_6028933399706599424_n.jpg

I didn't follow the discussion but what up with that special effects verified guy AMA? Was he really legit?

Probably because it's a lot more daunting of a process than some realize, especially given how things went down following Zack's departure. Also, some of the early sequences may not have been filmed to completion, so additional reshoots involving various cast and crew members would likely be required at this point. Most importantly, as such an endeavor would undoubtedly be costly AF, it needs to be deemed lucrative enough to pursue from a bean counter perspective.

In short, the guy's just being practical since he appears to have some familiarity/experience with situations like this. That said, the petition certainly can't hurt, and you never know what might happen.

you guys remember that snippet of Cyborg crying?

Justice-League-Trailer-Cyborg-Crying.jpg

In the actual movie, they made it so Diana know everything about motherboxes, making it so there was no investigation required. In the original cut, the league went to star labs to find out more about the motherbox.

justice-league1.jpg

I suspect in that scene, Silas died at the hands of steppenwolf, hence victor looking devastated, hence him looking super mad here
justice-league-deleted-scenes-wonder-woman-shall-we-1060000.jpg

they removed Aquaman and Cyborg in this scene, probably because it wouldn't have made sense for Victor to be so royally pissed off. Also maybe he had a line like "You'll pay for what you did"

We know the Joe morton went back for reshoots, I assume it was for that brief epilogue snippet with Cyborg where he's alive and well.

This was probably to sand the edges and make the movie more palatable, less dark, more safe, more MCU where there's no real tragedy or stakes.

There's nothing odd about it because it's true and factual.

Well we appear to have philosophical difference over the words 'fact' and 'truth' :)

The online petition is not going to change WB's mind. 100K is a drop in the bucket to them.

Tell the WB brass, "Hey Rob Liefeld wants a Snyder cut!" Most of them will say, "Who is Bob Leefield?"

I just want this scene. pls.

23280116_982451271903336_6028933399706599424_n.jpg

I wonder where the red light is coming from.

you guys remember that snippet of Cyborg crying?

Justice-League-Trailer-Cyborg-Crying.jpg

In the actual movie, they made it so Diana know everything about motherboxes, making it so there was no investigation required. In the original cut, the league went to star labs to find out more about the motherbox.

justice-league1.jpg

I suspect in that scene, Silas died at the hands of steppenwolf, hence victor looking devastated, hence him looking super mad here
justice-league-deleted-scenes-wonder-woman-shall-we-1060000.jpg

they removed Aquaman and Cyborg in this scene, probably because it wouldn't have made sense for Victor to be so royally pissed off. Also maybe he had a line like "You'll pay for what you did"

We know the Joe morton went back for reshoots, I assume it was for that brief epilogue snippet with Cyborg where he's alive and well.

This was probably to sand the edges and make the movie more palatable, less dark, more safe, more MCU where there's no real tragedy or stakes.

Theory or did you get that from somewhere.

That actually makes a ton of sense. We heard Silas helps the League to inflitrate into the Kryptonian ship...why would he die at Star Labs tho?

That actually makes a ton of sense. We heard Silas helps the League to inflitrate into the Kryptonian ship...why would he die at Star Labs tho?

Oh total speculation of course. Just me piecing all this together, small-time detective style. I don't see Cyborg crying as something that could be caused by anything other than Silas' death. His mom died before he even turned into a cyborg. There's literally nothing else that would have caused Victory to cry. Nothing I can think of. BTW, I used to think this scene was them in the flying fox

Screenshot_79.jpg

but actually, I think it's the league in Star labs. Would explain why it's missing. With the whole star labs thing being taken out and all. All to take out the tragedy of Silas' death. All for the sake of hope and optimism and #fun.

One thing I don't get though... The scene of Bruce and Diana talking by that pond is principal photography. It has to be. The widow's peak. Also Affleck's face is thin. So if Diana was completely knowledgeable about motherboxes why would they investigate at all? hmm

dianabruce.png

02170679.jpg

Last edited:
The Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman was something that was planned for release well before Batman v Superman came out. It wasn't a fixed cut of the movie. Snyder was planning it from the beginning. It was also well publicized that the Blu-ray cut was going to be R-rated while the theatrical cut would be PG-13.

There weren't any apologies. No one at Warner Bros. said, "we are sorry DC comic fans! This is the one we should've released!" Some fans said this one was better and thought it made more sense and expressed that sentiment, but no one from Warner Bros. Pictures did.

Oh total speculation of course. Just me piecing all this together, small-time detective style. I don't see Cyborg crying as something that could be caused by anything other than Silas' death. His mom died before he even turned into a cyborg. There's literally nothing else that would have caused Victory to cry. Nothing I can think of. BTW, I used to think this scene was them in the flying fox

Screenshot_79.jpg

but actually, I think it's the league in Star labs. Would explain why it's missing. With the whole star labs thing being taken out and all. All to take out the tragedy of Silas' death. All for the sake of hope and optimism and #fun.

One thing I don't get though... The scene of Bruce and Diana talking by that pond is principal photography. It has to be. The widow's peak. Also Affleck's face is thin. So if Diana was completely knowledgeable about motherboxes why would they investigate at all? hmm

dianabruce.png

02170679.jpg

You are right about that scene being in Star Labs. We had a lot of footage and still from that star labs sequence(and even leaked scenes).

But dont be confused mate. The Lake scene IS a reshoot. That guy on that forum confirmed that. That and that Bruce-Alfred scene, these two scenes he had this "correct" wig but they were reshoots. TBH it makes the Whedon team look even more incompetent. Forget maintaining consistency with the Snyder scenes, they couldnt even maintain consistency with their own scenes :funny:

Any theories how Silas would die?

Maybe to learn where the last one is or more specifically about what they know about the boxes themselves. Think LOTR: Gandalf knew there was the one ring, and he was aware of its history for the most part, but he still went to Gondor to get more information.

In JL, Vic just leaves at the end of the tunnel scene and just comes back with it a few scenes later. Perhaps that was done that way to cut out time when there was actual more story there.

You are right about that scene being in Star Labs. We had a lot of footage and still from that star labs sequence(and even leaked scenes).

But dont be confused mate. The Lake scene IS a reshoot. That guy on that forum confirmed that. That and that Bruce-Alfred scene, these two scenes he had this "correct" wig but they were reshoots. TBH it makes the Whedon team look even more incompetent. Forget maintaining consistency with the Snyder scenes, they couldnt even maintain consistency with their own scenes :funny:

Any theories how Silas would die?

they must have digitally slimmed down Affleck's face because his face was thin. Almost gaunt. Which is weird because they didn't do any digial slimming for this shot

x240-DYk.jpg

for reference, this is him without bloat-face at roughly the same angle. Notice how flat the cheeks are and how rotund they are in the other screengrab.

justiceleague-trailerbreakdown-ageofheroes-bruce.jpg

As far as Silas' death... I have no idea. Mauled by parademons. A tasteful death by Eletro-axe slash. Or he was eletrocuted by one of those streaks of electricity that Barry emits all the damn time so thoughtlessly. :o

Maybe to learn where the last one is or more specifically about what they know about the boxes themselves. Think LOTR: Gandalf knew there was the one ring, and he was aware of its history for the most part, but he still went to Gondor to get more information.

In JL, Vic just leaves at the end of the tunnel scene and just comes back with it a few scenes later. Perhaps that was done that way to cut out time when there was actual more story there.

Speaking of that, in one of the leaked scenes, we see him hiding the motherbox as a parademon crawls around just outside his window. Pretty sure that scene goes after he fies off post tunnel fight and before he hero-lands back with the motherbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"