Justice League Justice League Box Office Prediction - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real Christmas present would be the news that they are rebooting the whole damn thing. Unfortunately that won't happen but at least I got the F4 present. That's the gift that will keep on giving.

Well if they get a few more box office responses like this, they might just reboot altogether. JL's BO is embarrassing for a movie of this caliber.

You're going with the modern definition of "irritated, agitated." In olden days, a salty sailor was called such because he was aggro and threw his weight around, attitudinal behavior, etc. Many of your posts fit the bill. :cwink:

We're not living in the olden days. But if we were, and if expressing joy at the deserved failure of an inferior product makes me "a salty sailor", then I'd be happy and proud to be one. I'd wave that flag with pride. In case there's any grey area here, let me clarify I'm going to express copious amounts of joy to any possible future failures of poor movies like this in the DCEU, too.

Last edited:
Well if they get a few more box office responses like this, they might just reboot altogether. JL's BO is embarrassing for a movie of this caliber.

MoS, BvS and JL are the core of the DCEU and every box office disappointment sets up the potential for an even bigger box office disaster later. Imagine how badly Justice league 2 could do if they changed nothing and continued with the original plans at full speed.

Imagine how badly Justice league 2 could do if they changed nothing and continued with the original plans at full speed.

They need to do something drastically different, I think. But we shall see.

In case there's any grey area here, let me clarify I'm going to express copious amounts of joy to any possible future failures of poor movies like this in the DCEU, too.

Now that's what I call hardcore

Give us hell, Mistah J

We're not living in the olden days.

Yet we still use well-worn phrases like cut to the chase, beat around the bush, bought the farm, and take the cake. One of those phrases is hundreds of years old. Imagine that.

But if we were, and if expressing joy at the deserved failure of an inferior product makes me "a salty sailor", then I'd be happy and proud to be one. I'd wave that flag with pride. In case there's any grey area here, let me clarify I'm going to express copious amounts of joy to any possible future failures of poor movies like this in the DCEU, too.

Aquaman is a year out, so you're due a nice vacation after putting in all that OT. :)

MoS, BvS and JL are the core of the DCEU and every box office disappointment sets up the potential for an even bigger box office disaster later. Imagine how badly Justice league 2 could do if they changed nothing and continued with the original plans at full speed.

I gotta admit. The sadist in me would love to see how JL part 2 would have turned out if they actually made them both at the same time.

Which may still happen with their track record overall. WB's learning curve seems to be a flat line.

Now that's what I call hardcore

Give us hell, Mistah J

:sly:

Yet we still use well-worn phrases like cut to the chase, beat around the bush, bought the farm, and take the cake. One of those phrases is hundreds of years old. Imagine that.

Because the meaning of those phrases has not changed since then. That's why they still work for those meanings.

Aquaman is a year out, so you're due a nice vacation after putting in all that OT. :)

Perfect. It will give me time to recharge the batteries for more potential OT.

Last edited:
Theater I saw this in on Thursday for my second viewing had a surprising number of people (I'd est 1/5th full). I'm going against the grain, sensing a strong second wind and saying JL tops out just shy of 900 mil. You can call it crazy, I call it a Christmas miracle

Lol I'll call it crazy, then. Because JL isn't even hitting $700 million, let alone anywhere near $900 million.

Really don't know how you came up with this suggestion and thought it would be logical.

Gitesh:

Global run of #JusticeLeague going into its final weeks. This wknd saw $1.7M intl + $1.1M domestic. Current cumes stand at $222.7M dom, $424M intl & $646.7M global. Top intl mkts are China at $103.9M then Brazil at $39.2M. Final in $660M area seems likely now.

JL (the team not this movie) deserved better.

It’s pretty much done.

Gitesh:

Global run of #JusticeLeague going into its final weeks. This wknd saw $1.7M intl + $1.1M domestic. Current cumes stand at $222.7M dom, $424M intl & $646.7M global. Top intl mkts are China at $103.9M then Brazil at $39.2M. Final in $660M area seems likely now.

JL (the team not this movie) deserved better.

He’s dropped his final tally guess again, I see...

The 240,000 estimate for Sunday is hilariously low.

Christmas eve hurts box office numbers. All 4 upcoming weekday numbers should be bigger than the Sunday number.

Theater I saw this in on Thursday for my second viewing had a surprising number of people (I'd est 1/5th full). I'm going against the grain, sensing a strong second wind and saying JL tops out just shy of 900 mil. You can call it crazy, I call it a Christmas miracle
Films have only got late boosts in history from specific events. And we're talking either expanded rereleases like for an Oscar push or one off bumps like Valentine's Day for films that might benefit from that. Otherwise momentum is too important and consistently proven, even in the runs of the most unpredictable films. There hasn't really been a 2nd wind before, as even if a bunch of people decide to go back, they are always overshadowed by the loss of early buzz near opening and outnumbered by those who have seen something for the last time and aren't going back. The only time where something like that could happen is when a film's numbers are small enough that enough people getting a 2nd wind would be significant. And then the boost wouldn't mean a whole lot of dollars.

Films have only got late boosts in history from specific events. And we're talking either expanded rereleases like for an Oscar push or one off bumps like Valentine's Day for films that might benefit from that. Otherwise momentum is too important and consistently proven, even in the runs of the most unpredictable films. There hasn't really been a 2nd wind before, as even if a bunch of people decide to go back, they are always overshadowed by the loss of early buzz near opening and outnumbered by those who have seen something for the last time and aren't going back. The only time where something like that could happen is when a film's numbers are small enough that enough people getting a 2nd wind would be significant. And then the boost wouldn't mean a whole lot of dollars.

It would also help if a movie wasn't losing theaters like I do my car keys. It's not going to get 250M more pesos; let alone dollars.

Under 700m? That's X-MEN level of low. X-MEN should be a billion dollar club and so should Justice League.

Darn you FOX & WB!!

Agreed, both X-Men: Apocalypse and Justice League should have earned billion, but were not able to do so due to lack of quality.

Imo, the biggest problem is WB has waaay to many people in charge.
One exec may like a certain scene or idea but 5 mins later another suit comes in and changes it.
I'm exaggerating of course, but I bet that's not far off from the truth.
How can they put out a good film when they can't even agree on what they want.

One exec may like a certain scene or idea but 5 mins later another suit comes in and changes it.

That's not far from truth, for JL they had 11 Producers & Executive Producers, in addition to that count WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara as 12 th 'Super Producer'.

Edit: Also add 2 writers and 2 directors. :o

I don't think it's much of an exaggeration at all. One minute you hear Kevin T is in charge, then John's, then Snyder.......there was no one defined leader. It's why they announce all these movies with no plan at all.

I'll be honest, I think it was a miracle WW was a success, and I don't have any faith in them for any future DC projects with the current leadership in charge.

You can fire producers and directors all day long, but the buck should stop at the top.
They approved EVERYTHING we got.

I'll be honest, I think it was a miracle WW was a success, and I don't have any faith in them for any future DC projects with the current leadership in charge.

You can fire producers and directors all day long, but the buck should stop at the top.
They approved EVERYTHING we got.

Agreed.

They are interfering too much and meddling in the creative process, if they are not happy with the direction the director is going in, then they should have spelled out what they want at the time of script writing stage.

I bet you could take a handful of the leadership at WB, put them in a room, and ask them questions like,
who are Bruce Wayne's parents?
What is the name of Clark's adoptive parents?
What power does wally west have?

Blank stares from most I bet.

Now do the same at marvel with I.M., Thor, Spider-Man etc.
Think it would be the same outcome?

That's the difference between the two, one cares about the characters, one cares about how much $$$ they can make off toys and whatnot.

You would probably get better answers for the first set of questions from the Marvel team, tbh. :p

You would probably get better answers for the first set of questions from the Marvel team, tbh. :p
That would be sad if true. I think as JL ends it's run, we should hear more about the fallout. And there should be one, a big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"