Justice League Dark - Part 1

If he wasn't writing/producing the new Penny Dreadful spin-off series then I would say John Logan

The Wachowskis have worked on TV, and they have experience with stylized big budget filmmaking.

I guess this is going to have to be moved to the DC tv forum. What a long ride the project has been on. Hopefully this will actually gets made and not left in development hell.

I hear JJ want's to recast which sucks for Matt Ryan. I'm gutted for Matt. I was hoping to see the CW develop another Constantine spin off or a CW Justice League Dark. I guess there;s no chance of seeing that. :/

This is some straight us BS

Guillermo Del Toro has been trying for years to make a JL Dark movie and WB pulls this crap

Del Toro left JL Dark to do Pacific Rim 2... which ended up being put on ice, and when it was back in production he was already neck deep into Shape of Water.
Would have much rather had a GDT JLD though. Feels like a perfect synthesis of creator and property.

This is some straight us BS

Guillermo Del Toro has been trying for years to make a JL Dark movie and WB pulls this crap
Is it really, though? Del Toro was never going to come back to the project he abandoned years ago. And teams like this, IMO, will always work better as high-end television.
This makes sense, as HBO Max is severely lacking content to draw in viewers, especially considering the programs that it's competition (Disney+) is offering.
This honestly isn't really remotely true. Their existing catalog is packed with big names - Friends, Big Bang Theory, Rick & Morty, South Park, plus all of HBO's shows and Warner Brothers' film archive. They've locked down all of the DC and Middle Earth movies AND Studio Ghibli, which has never before been available to stream in the U.S. They'd already announced Green Lantern and a Ridley Scot Sci-Fi project.

Primarily, they're competing with Netflix, not Disney+, which has effectively monopolized a market all to itself. HBOMax is the threat to Netflix that people irrationally made Disney+ out to be.

If they go with a solid lineup, I could see this being crazy expensive. Swamp Thing, Detective Chimp, and Etrigan would all most likely require a good bit of CGI.

I’ll offer this as a controversial take: id rather focus on Zatana as leader and have Constantine pop in occasionally and perhaps not even be a full fledged member of the team. Do something similar to Tynion’s JL Dark only without Wonder Woman (because I assume she is off limits to television)

I'm all in.
All in.
ylI6hHJilx92a_smqnALhtjKvcUlIgVCdvNU5rm2dTMjIEj-60qtSeNfsp_EqeM9i2iAoMfMjyeSpV-0bhQiUvql2guKZUKHibAWCI-FCzoyqNwRVrxIfnBK0AY-x00hWu6W2MknhELjlh9Pa6QnHbxyDnw-oVMRd21_xemrxMIG0Z4_f4fOIBU5t_Uys0Rqu2LlCrqY-w

Deadman, Zatanna, Constantine, Man-Bat, Swamp Thing, Etrigan, Detective Chimp, Doctor Fate and Madame Xanadu.
I’d trade Xanadu with Blue Devil and not have Constantine be a regular part of the team. Otherwise great lineup.

I feel like if Del Toro had legimately commited to the project, it would have been made by now.

Doesn't matter. A series is a much better chance to really delve into the characters.

I can safely say I don't want Detective Chimp. Other than that, I'm flexible outside of Zatanna.

If they go with a solid lineup, I could see this being crazy expensive. Swamp Thing, Detective Chimp, and Etrigan would all most likely require a good bit of CGI.

I’ll offer this as a controversial take: id rather focus on Zatana as leader and have Constantine pop in occasionally and perhaps not even be a full fledged member of the team. Do something similar to Tynion’s JL Dark only without Wonder Woman (because I assume she is off limits to television)
Wasn't the Swamp Thing show mostly practical? I'd assume that Etrigan would be easier to do practically than Swamp Thing. Chimp is really the only one that would be all CGI. That said, HBOMAX is doing a Green Lantern series, they're clearly pumping big budgets into this.

If I were to pick a starting team:

Zatanna
Constantine
Swamp Thing
Detective Chimp
Deadman
Etrigan
Nightshade
Doctor Mist ('Cause somebody's got to betray the team)

What would a good first season plot be? I'm thinking either something involving Swamp Thing his mythos or go for a version of the original Tim Hunter storyline.

I just realized HBO Max was slated to launch next month. I wonder if that's still happening.

Who doesn’t like Detective Chimp??? He’s a great character.

Me, clearly.

I'm not a fan of the talking ape concept in general, never mind a chimp dressed like Sherlock Holmes in a supernatural horror-esque series. For me he sounds like Jar Jar Binks several times over.

I just realized HBO Max was slated to launch next month. I wonder if that's still happening.

I don't imagine that the Coronavirus would stall it, and everyone being indoors would make the timing good for them.

Deadman, Zatanna, Constantine, Man-Bat, Swamp Thing, Etrigan, Detective Chimp, Doctor Fate and Madame Xanadu.

Yeah let’s not add Man-Bat or Detective Chimp or go with the lame lineup from the current comics.

Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, Etrigan, Swamp Thing, Black Orchid, Dr Mist, Dr Fate, Madame Xanadu, Traci 13, I Vampire, Amethyst, Animal Man, Nightmare Nurse...etc. Pick from them! Or throw in Vixen, Blue Devil, Raven or El Diablo... wildcards that haven’t been on the team yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"