Justice League Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll believe it when I see it. Supermax also got a script written.

^Cue up the Debbie Downer theme. :o

Luke Goss as etrigan, Pearlman as swamp thing and Paul Bettany as constantine are pretty sweet choices.

Del Toro should just be honest about it and admit that The Avengers is what inspired this project. I seriously doubt that this project had been in motion even before Nick Fury's scene in Iron Man's end credit where he first mentioned about the Avengers Initiative.

Del Toro should just be honest about it and admit that The Avengers is what inspired this project. I seriously doubt that this project had been in motion even before Nick Fury's scene in Iron Man's end credit where he first mentioned about the Avengers Initiative.

This post is a random thing.

I'm down with Bettany or Pearce for Constantine. Pretty psyched about seeing Deadman on the big screen though...Could be really cool if done well. If Del Toro is serious about this then I hope it happens. Also "Dark Universe" is not too shabby.

Can't wait for this and it has an awesome title which is perfect for this adaption,Also thrilled about Swamp Thing returning to the big screen,Tons of potential for actors to play these characters.

"Dark Universe" sounds good, they have to include Demon Etrigan, Morgan le Fay, Madame Xanadu, Solomon Grundy, Phantom Stranger and Looker into this !

Casting Justice League Dark...

Anson Mount- The Spectre
1Anson-MountasSpectre_zpsfa837eeb.jpg

Ewan McGregor- Constantine
2ewanmcgregorasconstantine_zpsdfa996e7.jpg

Ray Liotta- Phantom Stranger
3ray-liotta-phantom_stranger_zps1cded686.jpg

Vin Diesel- Deadman: I'm not particularly happy with this one though. I guess Vin Diesel does bring GA following nonetheless. Give me a better alternative.
4vin_dieselasdeadman_zps30db8feb.jpg

Ron Perlman- Swamp Thing
5RonPerlmanasSwampThing.jpg

Jared Padalecki- Shade
6jared-padalecki-as-shade_zps68fd5b5d.jpg

Olivia Wilde- Zatanna
7Olivia_wilde-zatanna_zpsec26b87d.jpg

Priyanka Chopra- Madame Xanadu: This illustration does look eerily like Priyanka.
8priyanka_chopra_xanadu_zpsafd3c64a.jpg
That's excellent casting as far as looks go. Too bad acting and looks don't always mix. Those people would be perfect.

Would be very interesting to see Grundy on film

Sounds almost too good to be true. I hope WB lets Del Toro make this

The two other guys I considered for Deadman were Doug Jones and Luke Goss both of whom have worked with Del Toro before.

john-dies-at-the-end10.jpg
luke-goss.jpg

The reason why I didn't choose Doug Jones the first time around even after very seriously considering him was that I think Deadman needs to be a tad more muscular.

That's excellent casting as far as looks go. Too bad acting and looks don't always mix. Those people would be perfect.

I'd actually think these guys can act pretty well, actually... with the exception of Diesel of course.

The two other guys I considered for Deadman were Doug Jones and Luke Goss both of whom have worked with Del Toro before.

john-dies-at-the-end10.jpg

The reason why I didn't choose Doug Jones the first time around even after very seriously considering him was that I think Deadman needs to be a tad more muscular.

Jones isn't looking so healthy... anyways, he seems perfect for Deadman. Guy already looks enough like a corpse.

Mila Kunis or Eva Green for Zatanna. They both have some sort of darkness to them.

Jones is just a naturally emaciated looking guy.

i think both Doug Jones & Ron Pearlman are shoe-ins for this movie. and hopefully the film is titled "Dark Justice". just love the sound of that :word:

IF they have Grundy in the film..I wonder IF they'd make him fully CGI or just a guy in prosthetics!?

IF it'd a guy then I vote for..
WWE's Kane
evil3.jpg

Image from the movie"See No Evil"

Last edited:
I think Joseph Morgan would make a good John Constantine.

Constantine has a swagger about him which I think Morgan has plus he is English, his Blonde and no stranger to supernatural/fantasy genre having been in Immortals, Vampire Diaries and Hex.

joseph_morgan_promo_pic.jpg

Robert Kazinsky from True Blood, Pacific Rim, Eastenders might work as well.

Last edited:
I'm actually more excited about this over the actual Justice League film. This is a cool way to compete with Marvel. Though reasonably, if we're talking about brand recognition, JL is the way to go, but this sound more promising to me.

you can probably tell from my username that i'm extremely excited about a more comicbook accurate john constantine brought to the screen by a great director like del toro. i'm definitely pumped over this.

also, i usually picture paul bettany for constantine, but the more people keep saying ewan mcgregor, the more i totally see it.

Last edited:
I always though of Marc Warren (The Good Wife, Green Street Hooligans, and Wanted) when I thought of Constantine
Marc-Warren-marc-warren-23424904-468-529.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"