Justice League Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like ewan but he comes across as too much of a nice guy like a jason bateman type

bettany has that rebel bad ass vibe and i love his voice would be perfect for john

Bettany and McGregor are my favorite popular suggestions. Anyone who's seen Trainspotting would know McGregor would make a perfect Constantine too. David Thewlis and Rhys Ifans would also be good choices, particularly for an older, more "cynical " and " threatening " type. bettany could pull off either or, the "threatening mysterious cynical drifter " or the "charismatic magician/con artist " sides.

Last edited:
Just thinking of alternatives, wanna know what you guys think about Lee Pace as Constantine?

Lee-Pace-pd02.jpg

Though his face does look kinda funky for Contantine, TBH!

actually, you know who I would've loved to see ? even though I have no idea if he can pull off the proper accent ?

Kiefer Sutherland.

especially in his younger days. i'll be damned if he doesn't look the part.

tumblr_lfvld4fZT91qbuewbo1_500.jpg

even if they insisted on keeping the character American, he'd be much closer to the comic version than Keanu was.

another damn good choice I've been hearing is callum keith rennie :

and if you want someone who's a scouser in real life like good ol' conjob, someone like Ian Hart or David Morrissey could be a possible option.

Last edited:
I don't get SHH's fascination with Olivia Wilde for every female role, but either way, she specifically doesn't evoke Zatanna.

^too young imo i dont want anyone but Paul Bettany
400full.jpg

Bettany as Constantine, however... :up: :up: :up:

According to GDT Constantine will be the lead of the film and he will be blond. He's also written a bible for it but not the script.

I may be alone in this but what about comedian/actor John Bishop?

[YT]5YcWkvkEZUg[/YT]

[YT]05O7kJ5TXSU[/YT]

[YT]6VAvpSiUKFY[/YT]

I like the Keanu movie so I'm fine with no recasting. But Fassbender if they do.

GDT was At Wonder-Con and Del Toro talked about the progress of the film, the hiring of an as-of-yet unnamed writer, the lead characters and what elements of the DC comics the film plans to feature. Hit the jump to see what he revealed.

Here’s what del Toro had to say about the progress update on Dark Universe:
guillermo-del-toro-dark-universe.jpg

He’s finished the bible for the film and hopes to start in on the screenplay soon with an unnamed writer he also hopes to announce soon.
A blond John Constantine will be the lead character who tries to recruit the other heroes.
The story will include elements of the Demon Knights and Merlin.
The team’s origin will be revealed over time instead of presented up front: Swamp Thing is already at peace with his lot in life and Deadman is still in search of the man who shot him.
Del Toro said that his favorite characters growing up were Etrigan the Demon and Swamp Thing so he’s loving the experience on this film.

No joke, I have an erection thinking of what GDT will do with all these characters. Both in terms of story and bringing them to life visually.

I have more faith in this project than Justice League. I seriously can't wait for this movie, i hope to god it really happens.

That's because the Justice League has no business being its own movie until all the characters have been properly introduced to the audience. And, no, it's not about copying The Avengers. It's about making ****ing sense.

Starting with a team movie and spinning each character off into their own films is a terrible idea. Seriously. So dumb. People could watch JL and then go on to watch WW and think "Eh. Nah. She's not as much fun without Batman or GL, etc." And then there's the problem of properly introducing each and every character to the audience. The Avengers had already been preceded by solo films that gave the bulk of the intros for those characters, so the most it had to do was jog the audience's memory. JL would have a much larger problem on it's hands. Sure, the audience knows whats up with Batman and Superman, and I'm sure a few will remember whatever the hell was done in GL, but they'd have to give full intros to Wonder Woman, Flash and whoever else might be in the mix.

Just a bad idea IMO.

honestly only WW needs a movie

flash dont need one and gl can be redone like hulk was in the team movie

I'm shooting for Jackie Earle Haley as Deadman.

Either could work, I'd like to see what Haley would do with the character personally though. It's in his realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"