Justice League Mortal Thread

Personally, I think that looks much better than AquaMomoa.

The gills at the level of his lungs is an interesting take.

Man, I'm really hoping things work out for this documentary.

CGQmJEFVAAAhNFH.jpg

Goddamn, that's a beautiful sight compared to Aqua!Drago.

If the rest of the concept art is as awesome then the WB, WGA and the Australian Government owe us a George Miller DCU mediocre script or not. Give me that, not a Zack Snyder*-David Goyer/New 52/Frank Miller cinematic nightmare!!!

*Mind you this comes from a proud defender of the Watchmen movie.

Last edited:
^ Again though, it's easy to think that, but... look at the cast of JL:M. Train wreck.

Yeah, as much as people want to talk about how great it'd be for this to have been made, I really think a lot of those same people would be ripping it apart if it were made.

Last edited:
Love everything I'm seeing.

Hope this documentary ends up happening.

Yeah, as much as people want to talk about how great it'd be for this to have been made, I really think a lot of those same people would be ripping it apart if it was made.
I'm glad it didn't happen as well.

I doubt Miller's Trinity costumes even come close to Snyder's

Those are god-tier

Yeah, as much as people want to talk about how great it'd be for this to have been made, I really think a lot of those same people would be ripping it apart if it were made.

Only the small minority and those who rather Bale be in it instead of Hamner

CGTDbHpUkAAfb3B.jpg

https://twitter.com/JLdoco

The stuff we've shown was given to us by artists directly involved with the film. Nothing further will be released until the documentary. This has been an exercise in helping us to show just how much interest there is in the documentary. So, thank you everyone so far. We're hopeful that Mr Miller will be involved in some capacity and we'll keep you all posted on developments. For now though, enjoy those amazing artworks. As stated previously, this is to be a love letter to George and all the artists involved. We apologies if anyone feels we've overstepped.

I Snyders Aquaman but...damn the Mortal design just makes me wish we had that one instead.

Very happy this movie was never made. That cast was an unmitigated disaster. The only choice that was even remotely passable was Megan Gale, she probably would have been OK. The rest is preposterously awful.

Last edited:
There's been worse. Compared to GL and the Trank Wreck, the Mortal cast is passable

Just saying there have been other bad casts doesn't make this one any better. I mean, a short and very Italian looking Superman, a way too tall, young and blonde Batman, friggin' Jay Baruchel...

Megan Gale was okay'ish, and Adam Brody as Flash.

I much prefer the League we're getting other than Miller as Barry (so far).

Very happy this movie was never made. That cast was an unmitigated disaster. The only choice that was even remotely passable was Bridget Regan, she probably would have been pretty good. The rest is preposterously awful.

Was she supposed to be in this? :huh:

Just saying there have been other bad casts doesn't make this one any better. I mean, a short and very Italian looking Superman, a way too tall, young and blonde Batman, friggin' Jay Baruchel...

Megan Gale was okay'ish, and Adam Brody as Flash.

I much prefer the League we're getting other than Miller as Barry (so far).

Was she supposed to be in this? :huh:

Oh c'mon! Who's to say Hamner wouldn't dye his hair before production would've commenced. Bare in mind Kilmer's Bats veered near dirty blond when lighting comes a knocking in some scenes. Plus Keaton's height wasn't exactly most fans want for a 6"1 Bruce Wayne but that was given a pass as the performance ignored that little detail so a slightly short Superman wouldn't have been any different

Baruchel as Lord would've as awkward as the Crypt Keeper as Ray Palmer from the Justice League pilot so I'll give you that.

Last edited:

I agree. With the controversial cast and the fact that Batman snaps Lord's neck this would have been ripped to shreds.

Oh c'mon! Who's to say Hamner wouldn't dye his hair before production would've commenced. Bare in mind Kilmer's Bats veered near dirty blond when lighting comes a knocking in some scenes. Plus Keaton's height wasn't exactly most fans want for a 6"1 Bruce Wayne but that was given a pass as the performance ignored that little detail so a slightly short Superman wouldn't have been any different

Baruchel as Lord would've as awkward as the Crypt Keeper as Ray Palmer from the Justice League pilot so I'll give you that.

Supposedly, we were never going to see Bruce Wayne. Just only Batman.

Baruchel as Max isn't much different from Eisenberg as Luthor to me.

Saw this on Tumblr. Miller and the JL Mortal cast.

xw1WvBb.jpg

People can say the cast sucked yada yada but we really don't know what they'd have been like. They might have knocked it out the park for all we know. It's not a situation either like when Nic Cage was cast as Superman as he'd been a big star previously and didn't look the part. D J Cotrona for example looks wise, he looks fine for Superman.

People can say the cast sucked yada yada but we really don't know what they'd have been like. They might have knocked it out the park for all we know. It's not a situation either like when Nic Cage was cast as Superman as he'd been a big star previously and didn't look the part. D J Cotrona for example looks wise, he looks fine for Superman.

Thank you

So, it sounds like in this movie the Justice League was already a team and had been for some time, correct? This would've been a very weird creative choice. Not saying it couldn't have worked but having the first JL movie be one whee the team is already assembled would'v been a jarring feat for the general public I think. Then again, I'm assuming they were working off of the success of JL cartoon right?

If I remember correctly, Miller auditioned the actors in groups to see who had best chemistry.

So, it sounds like in this movie the Justice League was already a team and had been for some time, correct? This would've been a very weird creative choice. Not saying it couldn't have worked but having the first JL movie be one whee the team is already assembled would'v been a jarring feat for the general public I think. Then again, I'm assuming they were working off of the success of JL cartoon right?

No, it was more like an origin story for the team, though some people had more history with others.

And it wouldn't have been jarring if they were already assembled. There are plenty of ensemble stories and films that people were just fine with.

i hope the documentary ends up happening and includes interview with Miller, some crew members and the cast

the Aquaman design looks cool but i wasn't sold 100% on the cast except for maybe Adam Brody as the Flash

It's pretty amazing to see the "reverence" this is getting considering back when this was in pre-production, NO ONE on these boards was looking forward to this movie.

It's like Superman Lives. It's just a bizarre, fascinating thing that almost happened to our favourite characters. We're okay with it now because it's not actually coming to life... but it's damn interesting to hear about and see things from. Not to mention Miller's stock is right up there after MM:FR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"