Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do a Batman Beyond type relationship with Blake. Maybe have him don the cowl again for different reasons than in TDK trilogy. Anyone can be Batman yeah except not when you don't know what you're doing.

Blake may feel Bruce was wrong about anybody being Batman. Hence the Nightwing identity.

A bat reboot may not take the time to say much about the character like u said. It could be a rinse and repeat formula where it's strictly about the visual and making a batman movie for the sake of getting a new Joker back on screen or bringing in some villains that haven't been used in a while (riddler, penguin).

I guess a part of me doesn't mind that if it's done with respect. I mean, if they make it with the intention of adapting a comic or a video game for live-action. A Batman Beyond or an Arkham Asylum. Or a loose take on Heart of Ice. The batman fan that I am loves this but is it saying something about the character? Is it a story worth telling or is it just eye candy?

I guess Beyond can say something about old Bruce but we're years away from seeing something like that. Arkham sounds cool but mainly a visual experience. We could get Dick Grayson's origin again but will general audiences care for seeing the "serious take on Batman Forever"? And do we learn something about Bruce in the process or is it like the old movies where the villains and sidekicks become more of the focus..

Burning out the audience is never a good thing.

TDK films seemed to say something strong about the character of Bruce Wayne, it wasn't just spectacle, and now MOS has that same thing going for it.

why would a reboot not be able to 'say something about the character' like a TDKT movie?

If they do end up tying TDKT to MoS in order to start up JL/WF, I can definitely see them doing The Dark Knight Returns as a film a few years from now. Bale will be pushing 50 within a decade, and at that point, it would be ideal. Snyder has expressed interest in such a project before.

Imagine the following scene in film format, years after a potential JL film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KfsAK3fIQo

I think it can totally work if they play their cards right.

jeffrobinovofficial1_zps4be750df.jpg:original

"I think you’ll see that, going forward, anything can live in this world,”. “[Nolan’s] Batman was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone. The world they lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of any other superheroes. What Zack and Chris have done with this film(Man Of Steel) is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world”

If bale comes back there will be no continuation from nolans trilogy because its stand-alone so making an appearance as a different batman in a JLA film seems like a waste of time. Realistically i dont see bale making another batman trilogy either. I would rather watch a ready established batman played by a different actor to be introduced in a WF or JLA movie before spinning off to his own films with another director with their own take on batman. I believe Snyders shared DCU will not be shared with nolans batman so at this stage nolan is done and so is bale.

Reboot Batman is coming guys i bet my house on it. This is Snyders and Goyers baby now and tomorrow it will be someone else's.

Interesting how he says "without any knowledge of other superheroes", not just "without any other superheroes".

He isn't really saying anything other than that it was positioned as being isolated during TDKT, not if TDKT is connected or not.

yeah.

I had been saying it ever since tdkr was in production. i was hoping in vain that as the last of the trilogy, it would allude to a broader universe, but it wasn't, because that's not what nolan wanted. and i really, really wanted bale to be the jl bats.

I bet my house Bale is coming back so one of us will be homeless very soon haha. There was another quote in the same interview when asked if Nolan's TDK movies stand entirely on their own and he said:

They do, they did. But the future is a different conversation.

What I see is him saying Man Of Steel is the bridge needed for other super heroes to be brought into the same world as TDK universe.
Bale said he would come back if the story was right. Keeping TDK trilogy as the phase 1 of the DCU is smart I think. People are having a hard time seeing TDKT as both stand-alone and the beginning of the DC filmverse. I don't think it's hard. You can view TDK movies as a complete realistic story arc on one hand, and the introduction to the realistic DC heroes on the other.

I think it would be grander than The Avengers films because they all were dependent on the crossover film to resolve their plot points. TDK trilogy has a complete character arc and crossing Bale over would be bigger than what Marvel has done IMO.

Last edited:
TDKT at that point existed within itself as an isolated world...to that point.

Superman and the rest of the heroes probably didn't come about til AFTER the trilogy was over.
There can be no knowledge if they weren't around during TDKT.

I wonder if Robinov is aware of how ambiguous his statements were.

Perhaps he thinks that they've formally announced that TDKT is gone and done.

That's what we're trying to do, a good story. We've come up with many scenarios for a good story with Bale's Bats and I cant really think of any with the rebooted one, other than throwing him in there just cuz they need a new Batman for a team-up.

Yeah. A new actor as Batman in JL just would not have as much of an impact as Bales Bruce/Batman would next to Cavills Superman.

The only other actor I can see being comparable to Bale is Gosling.

Yeah. A new actor as Batman in JL just would not have as much of an impact as Bales Bruce/Batman would next to Cavills Superman.

I remember the days when the character was more important than the actor.. It would be nice if an unknown were cast as Batman.

IF Bale comes back I hope to God they change the costume. But even having said that, I completely agree that the Nolan Batman is used up. Maybe a reimagining under someone other than NOLAN THE ALMIGHTY can breathe some life back into Bruce's rickety old bones. I think the best we can hope for is either a reboot or a Bale Batman who is suddenly furiously full of life and ready to kick ass. The exposition required to explain how he returns is going to be ham-handed no matter what.

I am a fan of rebooting. But, if it turns out Bale returns as Batman then his fury and mission fueled focus have to be there as well. We can't have some half motivated Batman. If they use the "Nolan" Batman than that character's strengths need to be on display at least. Because we all know super sleuthing and planning are not his strengths. The TDK Batman seems always more reactionary than anything.

I remember the days when the character was more important than the actor.. It would be nice if an unknown were cast as Batman.
Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney and Bale were hardly unknowns.

They just weren't major stars.

Matt Bomer and Luke Evans fall into that category.

IF Bale comes back I hope to God they change the costume. But even having said that, I completely agree that the Nolan Batman is used up. Maybe a reimagining under someone other than NOLAN THE ALMIGHTY can breathe some life back into Bruce's rickety old bones. I think the best we can hope for is either a reboot or a Bale Batman who is suddenly furiously full of life and ready to kick ass. The exposition required to explain how he returns is going to be ham-handed no matter what.

I am a fan of rebooting. But, if it turns out Bale returns as Batman then his fury and mission fueled focus have to be there as well. We can't have some half motivated Batman. If they use the "Nolan" Batman than that character's strengths need to be on display at least. Because we all know super sleuthing and planning are not his strengths. The TDK Batman seems always more reactionary than anything.

They definitely will! I can't remember which one of our SHH members stated that Bale hated the TDK suit.

Blake may feel Bruce was wrong about anybody being Batman. Hence the Nightwing identity.
Bruce doesn't know about the statue and how Gotham chooses to remember him, he doesn't know if Blake will be Batman, his own identity or none of the above.

why would a reboot not be able to 'say something about the character' like a TDKT movie?
They could but im leaning towards the fact that we'll be getting Batman centric movies and not so much Bruce Wayne this time around. Or back to the focus on the villains and sidekicks like it was during the Burton/Shumacher era. Movies that are more about the kick-ass visuals. Im down with that but it doesn't match as well with this new approach to Superman.

When it comes to impacting the audience, I feel the same way.

If they do end up tying TDKT to MoS in order to start up JL/WF, I can definitely see them doing The Dark Knight Returns as a film a few years from now. Bale will be pushing 50 within a decade, and at that point, it would be ideal. Snyder has expressed interest in such a project before.

Imagine the following scene in film format, years after a potential JL film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KfsAK3fIQo

I think it can totally work if they play their cards right.
A lot of this sounds like it could work. The stuff with Superman, a new Joker, but they would have to change quite a bit. Especially from the first half. The scenes with Harvey would be tossed out. Either the dead Robin (Todd) could be Blake instead or when Gordon & Bruce have their talk, they could be referring to Blake leaving town instead of Grayson. The mutant leader could be replaced entirely in the first half of the story by another known rogue, since there's not only an 80s vibe there but u can tell that aspect of the story influenced a bit of the Bane & his army bit in TDKR. Same goes for those scenes where Bruce becomes Batman again.

I think major adjustments to the first half of the story would be crucial and amazing for Snyder to do so it's a loose adaptation not a straight up one. But most of the second half they can adapt, sure.

I would love that!

I think that Robinov is being cryptic so that in the event that Bale agrees, he will not be seen as changing his stand.

we have to wait till Comic-Con for news, I'm good with that, soon long as the whole Justice League project is not dead in the water like Justice League: Mortal :p

Here is another possibility, what if TDK triology remains connected to MOS and JL movies but with Batman actor (Bale) getting recast ?

Like Kilmer was replaced by Clooney in Joel Schumacher's Bat-movies ?

yeah, I doubt they would do that, they might keep certain elements & plot points from the TDK trilogy so they wouldn't have to completely re-tell the same things again, but the overall film would be a reboot.

the only reason to even bother including the the tdkt is for bale.

TDKT at that point existed within itself as an isolated world...to that point.

Superman and the rest of the heroes probably didn't come about til AFTER the trilogy was over.
There can be no knowledge if they weren't around during TDKT.

I wonder if Robinov is aware of how ambiguous his statements were.

Perhaps he thinks that they've formally announced that TDKT is gone and done.
yeah i didn't even catch that the first time.

“[Nolan’s] Batman was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone. The world they lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of any other superheroes. What Zack and Chris have done with this film(Man Of Steel) is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world”

Reboot is not happening, everyone is already familiar with Batman's origins, even those living under the rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"