Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of Superman would fit with Nolan's Batman? A Clark Kent who trains with ninjas and isn't an alien? Or what about the "rebooted Batman"? Would the Batman who fits with MOS have Bruce Wayne bit by a radioactive bat?? :funny:

You act as if Nolan's Batman films were actually realistic. Show me again the water evaporator weapon that can skip over killing humans and neatly turn Gotham's water supply into gas. Also show me fear gas while we're at it. Or a clown who can sneak around Gotham without being seen planting bombs just in case people decide to do certain things he already predicts are going to happen. Also show me vehicles like the Batpod (complete with the turning spinning wheel move) that Selina just so happens to know how to pilot perfectly without ever touching before. Show me the secret society of ninjas responsible for every major cataclysm since the beginning of mankind. Also show me THE GODDAMN BATMAN!

Translation: Nolan's films are pure fantasy and the notion that it's some kind of realistic crime drama is asinine. The idea that Superman could never interact with all the things I listed is just plain silly. We're talking about Batman and Superman. Just because Batman is "gritty and dark" doesn't mean it's not fantasy.

What kind of Superman would fit with Nolan's Batman? A Clark Kent who trains with ninjas and isn't an alien? Or what about the "rebooted Batman"? Would the Batman who fits with MOS have Bruce Wayne bit by a radioactive bat?? :funny:

You act as if Nolan's Batman films were actually realistic. Show me again the water evaporator weapon that can skip over killing humans and neatly turn Gotham's water supply into gas. Also show me fear gas while we're at it. Or a clown who can sneak around Gotham without being seen planting bombs just in case people decide to do certain things he already predicts are going to happen. Also show me vehicles like the Batpod (complete with the turning spinning wheel move) that Selina just so happens to know how to pilot perfectly without ever touching before. Show me the secret society of ninjas responsible for every major cataclysm since the beginning of mankind. Also show me THE GODDAMN BATMAN!

Translation: Nolan's films are pure fantasy and the notion that it's some kind of realistic crime drama is asinine. The idea that Superman could never interact with all the things I listed is just plain silly. We're talking about Batman and Superman. Just because Batman is "gritty and dark" doesn't mean it's not fantasy.
Yup. Nolans Bat films are still total fantasy they're only more realistic when you compare them to past Bat movies, Avengers or The Crow and stuff like that. But it's fantasy. Just like MOS is fantasy/sci-fi (which you can call TDK trilogy too)..but it seems more realistic than any past Superman movie we've ever seen.

They're linked because they're both grittier and more relatable than ever before when looking at Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne.

Was just watching the end of TDKR and that whole chase with The Bat, with Catwoman riding the bat-god which is doing some crazy ****. That whole long sequence is amazing but it could have fit in ANY comic book movie. Yes, that even includes Avengers.

The Nolan-verse could fit with the Snyder-verse no problem.

If Darkseid isn't used in the first film, I think the White Martians would be a good place to start. It would also serve as an origin story for MM. I would have Superman, Batman, WW, Flash, GL, and obviously MM in it.

*sigh*

Dude, why did you have to bring this up again? We were all enjoying discussing something else here for a change.

I'm not even going to bother responding at this point. Literally every single thing you brought up was addressed here over and over again. You barely even worded them differently.

Ehhhhh, I wouldn't say its fantasy at all. It's mainly fiction, with a few sci-fi elements dropped in there, but it doesn't go crazy with it, either(I think the definition is Sci-fi action?). Stuff like The Joker knowing where and when to plant bombs, or Selina knowing this and that isn't based on fantasy, that again, is all based on fiction, because it's purely imaginative. You can write improbably situations all you want, but that doesn't automatically deem it "fantasy". Things like the cape, microwave emitter, grapple gun, etc, is all more based on sci-fi, cause those things are probable, it's just we don't have the exact tech for it at this moment(see the extras on BB for more clarification).

As for MOS: that is definitely based on fantasy, but it doesn't go all out with it. It isn't plausible to be able to emit the power of flight, or shoot heat vision laser beams out of ones eyes, without some kind of tech to back it up. Those are all supernatural phenomenons, hence, why its in the fantasy category. It basically makes things up, and follows its own rules. Can it be more "grounded" and (I hate to say this) "realistic" compared to past Superman movies or the comics? Sure, but just because it's more "grounded" doesn't mean it has escaped its fantastical elements, as it should be apparent, since we can see a bunch of humanoids fly that are breaking the laws of nature.

Batman in the comics or some cartoons? Yes, there is definitely many fantastical elements in there that one could easily consider them "fantasy", but I wouldn't classify Nolan's movies in the fantasy category, at all. If Ra's really was immortal, and Clayface showed up, sure, I could start to see the fantasy elements, but Nolan's films never introduced those things. Just because you have some crazy impractical moments in the movies doesn't mean its "fantasy". Would you consider Die Hard a fantasy?

JL will not be overshadowed simply because of the fact that it is the JL. WB/Legendary will not take this movie lightly and it will be a huge event no matter when it chooses to release. I'm not ignoring any facts. What you are ignoring is the fact that this movie has been worked on behind the scenes for quite some time. With a rumored writer on board and a director supposedly soon to be announced, a cast can rounded up by either the end of this year of the beginning of next. JL can easily make 2015 while being the fantastic movie it needs to be, and if WB wants it to happen it will happen. Longer doesn't always mean better.

Even with all of those movies releasing, that still does not dispute my point. Like I said, people will not suddenly run out of money when it's time to go see JL. It has as much of a chance as gaining a billion in the BO as the other films you listed. You're acting like something like that isn't possible.
Those and hopefully JL are all multiple repeat viewing type movies even for the GA, the kind of film (well maybe not Avatar 2 so much even though I saw the 1st film 3 times) that I might see up to 10 times if they were as good as they could be. Not only are there not enough weekends to see Star Wars 7, Avengers 2 & JL as much as I'd want I can't afford that. I'll instead be splitting my viewings between them as I guess will others to a much lesser extent. Instead of seeing JL twice they'll just see Star Wars & JL for eg. If instead of Star Wars the competition had been Snow White and the Huntsman they might have seen JL twice.

If JL is as big as you expect and Star Wars 7, Avatar 2 & Avengers 2 as big as nearly everyone else expects, all of them will be affected by each other and every last one of them will have been dumb to release at the same time. Competition is at least as important as how good your film itself is.

The thing is that I believe Marvel needs to be taught a lesson. JL in 2017 with Darkseid would also be one year away from Avengers 3 with Thanos. If you go back a few pages, you will be able to read a rant of mine where I said that I believe Marvel needs to be taught a lesson because they got really arrogant in both comics and on film. What better way to do that than having Darkseid - the original Thanos - just one year before Avengers 3 to tire out the audience despite Marvel planning Thanos for a long while by then? If JL comes out in 2015, 3 years is plenty of time for a breath of fresh air for the GA to be open to Thanos.

It may sound a bit pathetic but part of the reason why I want JL in 2017 is because it would be the ultimate victory against Marvel. How is that not a good thing for WB/DC? Not only does their JL film make a little more than it would've in 2015 but Marvel will also suffer one major loss.
I agree, it does sound a bit pathetic. :yay: I supported Avengers not only because I liked Avengers (I like JL & Avengers equally) but because I like most comic properties and want all the best ones to have the chance to see the light of day. $1.5B later and JL after all these years of doubts suddenly looks like happening. If JL is planned for 2017 and as unlikely as it would be Avengers 2 somehow loses a tonne of money (as you seem to want & think is good for WB/DC) guess what might happen to JL?

I would really like a big name Director to helm the Wonder Woman film. Someone like Peter Jackson. Attaching his name to a wonder woman movie would generate alot of interest from the GA.

Del Toro should direct Aquaman.

Brad Bird to direct The Flash.

Len Wiseman to direct The Batman reboot. He knows how to film action movies with good hand to hand combat fighting and the imaginative tech used in underworld and total recall were great.
underworld3_big_zps7114c40b.jpg~original

Imagine Batman instead of selene and Batarangs in place of the blades. This would look sick on screen. I really would love to see bats throw some batarangs like he does in the cartoons.

Joseph Kosinski another director i like has a really cool visual style in Tron Legacy and Oblivion and i think transferring that style to make a Green Lantern movie would be a great.

I think visual directors are best to tackle comicbook movies because of their creative style and imagination. Just aslong as they have a great script in their hands they will show you great action and visuals.

Lens Wiseman for Batman ? No thanks.

I know it will never happen but I think that Martin Campbell was perfect for Batman, he was the wrong Director for Green lantern, but now it is unlikely that he will be directing any DC movie.

How about Guy Ritchie for Batman ?

Joseph Kosinski another director i like has a really cool visual style in Tron Legacy and Oblivion and i think transferring that style to make a Green Lantern movie would be a great.

I think visual directors are best to tackle comicbook movies because of their creative style and imagination. Just aslong as they have a great script in their hands they will show you great action and visuals.

Kosinski would be great choice for either Flash or Green Lantern.

Personally, I don't see a reason why a 2015 release would be a problem for the box office of JL if they keep reasonably away from other big releases- I'm putting that at 2-3 weeks either side and more importantly make sure your release doesn't clash with with any of them a la Superman Returns. They may indeed take up WB's December spot post the Hobbit trilogy as I expect Marvel/ Disney to place theirs in the Summer.

Just in case you don't realise, 2013 has a spate of potential blockbusters lined up as well- IM3 should get close to a billion, so should Star Trek Into Darkness (awesome film, by the way). Then there is Lone Ranger, which if it's anything close to the fun of Pirates could run close to a billion too, though personally I'm highly doubtful. Pacific Rim is another movie set to take up the mantle of Robots from last years' Transformers and could go big at the BO. Of course, there's Desolation of Smaug that will probably cross a billion as well. Then there is a small matter of the first Superman movie in years which is highly anticipated and looks awesome anyway.

Of course, if they think 2015 is a hurried affair it's a different matter. Though, if they have indeed laid the groundwork- two and half years is quite some time.

Yes but when compared with the comic books, past movies and other similar characters like Captain America he is realistic, very much so.

The point is Nolan's Batman was watered down. Everything from his intelligence, his fighting skills and feats were attenuated. You can't have a watered down Batman fighting alongside Superman and Wonder Woman, it would just look ridiculous. You need a Batman who can fight like Captain America, Black Widow or Hawkeye, who's smart enough to build his own gadgets and who is worthy enough of the title of the worlds greatest detective.

Nolan's Batman struggled to fight the Joker's dogs and a Bane that wasn't even half the size of his comic book counterpart, to have him then fight aliens, demons or whatever the Justice League movie plans to include, would be such a preposterous jump that even the general audience wouldn't buy into it.

Last edited:
Those and hopefully JL are all multiple repeat viewing type movies even for the GA, the kind of film (well maybe not Avatar 2 so much even though I saw the 1st film 3 times) that I might see up to 10 times if they were as good as they could be. Not only are there not enough weekends to see Star Wars 7, Avengers 2 & JL as much as I'd want I can't afford that. I'll instead be splitting my viewings between them as I guess will others to a much lesser extent. Instead of seeing JL twice they'll just see Star Wars & JL for eg. If instead of Star Wars the competition had been Snow White and the Huntsman they might have seen JL twice.

If JL is as big as you expect and Star Wars 7, Avatar 2 & Avengers 2 as big as nearly everyone else expects, all of them will be affected by each other and every last one of them will have been dumb to release at the same time. Competition is at least as important as how good your film itself is.

If people want to view JL multiple times, they will find a way. If it is truly as epic as it should be, the movie will have nothing to worry about. Give the movies a week or two to breathe without crossing into each others' territory(as blockbusters tend to do) and things will be just like they are normally.

Honestly, an excuse like that isn't a good enough reason not to release JL in 2015.

Personally, I don't see a reason why a 2015 release would be a problem for the box office of JL if they keep reasonably away from other big releases- I'm putting that at 2-3 weeks either side and more importantly make sure your release doesn't clash with with any of them a la Superman Returns. They may indeed take up WB's December spot post the Hobbit trilogy as I expect Marvel/ Disney to place theirs in the Summer.

Just in case you don't realise, 2013 has a spate of potential blockbusters lined up as well- IM3 should get close to a billion, so should Star Trek Into Darkness (awesome film, by the way). Then there is Lone Ranger, which if it's anything close to the fun of Pirates could run close to a billion too, though personally I'm highly doubtful. Pacific Rim is another movie set to take up the mantle of Robots from last years' Transformers and could go big at the BO. Of course, there's Desolation of Smaug that will probably cross a billion as well. Then there is a small matter of the first Superman movie in years which is highly anticipated and looks awesome anyway.

Of course, if they think 2015 is a hurried affair it's a different matter. Though, if they have indeed laid the groundwork- two and half years is quite some time.

Good post, agreed.

Yes but when compared with the comic books, past movies and other similar characters like Captain America he is realistic, very much so.

The point is Nolan's Batman was watered down. Everything from his intelligence, his fighting skills and feats were attenuated. You can't have a watered down Batman fighting alongside Superman and Wonder Woman, it would just look ridiculous. You need a Batman who can fight like Captain America, Black Widow or Hawkeye, who's smart enough to build his own gadgets and who is worthy enough of the title of the worlds greatest detective.

Nolan's Batman struggled to fight the Joker's dogs and a Bane that wasn't even half the size of his comic book counterpart, to have him then fight aliens, demons or whatever the Justice League movie plans to include, would be such a preposterous jump that even the general audience wouldn't buy into it.

This. As much as I loved Nolan's Batman, it just would not fit in with the Justice League unless they nerf the rest of the League immensely or somehow power up Nolan Bats to the point of inconsistency. Otherwise, if he is incorporated in JL as he has been in the Nolan movies, he will seem hilariously useless.

Of course a man who could barely handle dogs, a madman and needed his girlfriend to save his life, can fight dangerous aliens with his crippled knee, that will also hinder his back. With Nolan gone, we can do pretty much what we want to :o

Lmao, the dog part was the worst. You can't expect that Batman to stand up to the likes of Darkseid.

Hell, Zod alone would destroy Bane just by staring at him. LOL, yeah, the fire rises alright. Heat vision'd.

Imagine the greatest player in the world for Batman AC - Perfect combo flow, all moves unlocked, untouchable - that's the Batman we need on film :p

And who was a better fighter? Bale or Keaton? :hmm

Yes, that would be the perfect way to do Batman's combat style. The greatest AC player. Seriously, if they can get that style live-action, then we're in for a treat.

I think Keaton's Batman could whup Bale. Keaton's Batman makes it look so easy.

Something I hope to never see on the new Batman is that open mouth s**t. Bale's Batman always had his mouth open with his tongue showing as he talked. Pissed me off, especially in TDKR, when he was supposed to be all smooth in front of Selina. I have no idea how she found him attractive.

On a side note, this vid is pretty funny.

[YT]FUDHcuLnMVc[/YT]

Last edited:
Getting off topic.

Do we really believe that between the announcement of Will Beall's script till now that nothing is happening with this project. Wasn't that announcement made last year?
For all we know a script has been finished! If WB really has a mad on for JL, I don't believe they'll just sit on the project until MOS opens in four weeks.

As was reported recently at a convention, DC people have said decisions have been made. Just what those are are still unknown.

At this point, will El Mayimbe spoil it for DC by announcing it before SDCC?

If people want to view JL multiple times, they will find a way. If it is truly as epic as it should be, the movie will have nothing to worry about. Give the movies a week or two to breathe without crossing into each others' territory(as blockbusters tend to do) and things will be just like they are normally.

Honestly, an excuse like that isn't a good enough reason not to release JL in 2015.
I don't see how there is a way for me. If all the films meet my expectations I want to view Star Wars 7, Avengers 2, JL about 10 times each and Avatar 2 maybe 3 times. If they were in different years I could afford this (like I managed for the LOTR films). If they are in the same year I'll probably be able to watch the main 3 only 2 or 3 times each even if they are the 3 best films of all time. :csad:
I don't know how many other films you plan on watching that year but if you plan on watching a broad range, the multiple viewings will need to be split which they wouldn't have to be in any other year where it is not filled with all the potential biggest films of all time.

If you release all these films at the same time it doesn't matter if they are great. They will automatically all bleed some expected revenue and the one that is least established is most likely to suffer abroad.

And I don't know if you're interested in Avengers or not but for me it'll be like having 2 great meals one after the other instead of on different days if they are too close to each other. I'm far more interested in team superhero films than the solo ones so I don't want them taking anything away from each other and I don't want a massive gap till the next one after 2015 (assuming X-Men in 2014).

I would really like a big name Director to helm the Wonder Woman film. Someone like Peter Jackson. Attaching his name to a wonder woman movie would generate alot of interest from the GA.

Del Toro should direct Aquaman.

Brad Bird to direct The Flash.

Len Wiseman to direct The Batman reboot. He knows how to film action movies with good hand to hand combat fighting and the imaginative tech used in underworld and total recall were great.
underworld3_big_zps7114c40b.jpg~original

Imagine Batman instead of selene and Batarangs in place of the blades. This would look sick on screen. I really would love to see bats throw some batarangs like he does in the cartoons.

Len Wiseman for Batman OR ANY of them is a horrible choice. Sorry man, but I find he's a really bad director. His films are utter **** to me. Live Free Or Die Hard?? Total Recall?? Underworld?? All garbage movies. To go from Nolan to him would be a joke.

Not a fan of Kosinski's movies but his visual style is appropriate for something less massive in pop culture..like a Green Lantern movie. I would put him on the shortlist for sure.

And I cant really associate Wiseman with being a great visual director. I don't want to see some CG fest for a Batman movie in 3D. And ill use an example. His Die Hard movie? The visuals were really awful. I remember sitting in the theater and laughing at how bad the CG and direction was.

I think the Bird for Flash and Del Toro for Aquaman is a bit backwards. I don't think they fit. Bird would be better for an Aquaman or Wonder Woman type of project. Even JL since he can do ensembles. And Del Toro is more fitting for Green Lantern or Dark Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"