Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flash is more well known than whoever this "Quicksilver" guy is; because of the JLA series and movies. Heck, even in the new animated movie Flashpoint the Flash is a lead character.

I didn't even know who Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch were. Even Guardians of the Galaxy before they made their movie announcement.

Shows how much I care about Marvels universe!

Black Panther..on the other hand, is something I want to see.

Sounds like fan-fiction. Wouldn't doubt that some of it comes true, but that's just logical stuff that any of us can gather up. But ya, most likely B.S.

It sounds pretty ridiculous. Unless it's 4-hours long...
Though I like everything from the first like...two paragraphs.

Rocket Raccoon is going to get to be on the silver screen before Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman.

That should make DC fanboys feel sad more than seeing Quicksilver over Flash.

That's not all true. Statistics will show that Avengers 2 will more than likely make close to $2 billion, but Quicksilver will not supplant The Flash. There are too many people who have seen the latter character in the Justice League cartoons, video games, and a few who may have seen the TV series. In fact, it will be just the opposite. Most will perceive Quicksilver as a cheap rip-off of the Flash.
Quicksilver has also been in a lot of TV shows, videogames and toys.

Now, I do think The Flash is more popular, but as far as the GA goes, it really doesn't matter. They wont know "who is more popular" in Nerdville, they'll just show up for the movie.

Yeah Nuke the Fridge is pretty terrible. They had Ed Norton in a featured role in IM2. So I think that report is a load. Honestly, I don't think JL is in the plans at WB regardless of how well MoS performs. A sequel would be the top priority.

I'm sure The Flash is more common knowledge than Quicksilver. You could ask any random person on the street ..

Rocket Raccoon is going to get to be on the silver screen before Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman.

The difference is that Rocket Raccoon and Flash are two completely different characters. One's failure or success is not going to affect the failure or success of the other.

Quicksilver and Flash are both speedsters, and Flash is THE superhero speedster and deserves his big debut on the big screen a lot more than Quicksilver does. That also means he deserves to be the first. Him coming second may not have as much of an impact on the general audience as much as he would've had if he came first. It is essentially the same situation with Thanos and Darkseid - many fans are worried that Darkseid will get called a Thanos ripoff when he debuts on the big screen because Thanos came first in live-action even though Thanos is kinda a ripoff of Darkseid in the first place (comics).

Sure that Quicksilver is nowhere as big as the Flash but that could change depending on his success in the movie. The Avengers were practically unheard of prior to the movie and now they are at least able to give the JL a bit of competition in the popularity department. Iron Man wasn't even as popular as Flash, WW, and Green Lantern were prior to his movie and now he is one of the top dogs. Quicksilver could be elevated by the Avengers film and that will hurt Flash.

Heck, there is also the possibility that they will write him as the Flash. He is kinda a *****ebag in the comics. What if Whedon/Marvel don't want to represent him as that and write him as a funnier and lighter character in the same vein as the Flash? And what if they then get a big actor like Gosling/Hunnam/Cooper/whoever that could be the perfect Flash? I'm not saying this will definitely happen but the possibility is there.

Quicksilver has also been in a lot of TV shows, videogames and toys.

Now, I do think The Flash is more popular, but as far as the GA goes, it really doesn't matter. They wont know "who is more popular" in Nerdville, they'll just show up for the movie.
Of course they do. Everybody knows Flash. Even if Quicksilver has appeared in various mediums, im not the only fanboy (as we all are) that doesn't know much about him. The general audience certainly has no f'n clue who he is.

Flash, well, people may not know the ins and outs of the character but EVERYBODY has heard of him, by name: they know he uses speed lol, and they know what color his suit is. Flash is a pretty iconic name and image.

Quicksilver? BRB ill take a survey to see if general movie-goers have even heard of the guy. Doubt it.

The point is, it wont matter. I think Whedon will probably do things with the character to make him different anyway because he knows WB is cooking up the Flash and he's gotta be aware that once that hits, people wont even care about Quicksilver...unless Flash is played by a ridiculous actor and it bombs horribly.

If he tries to make him marvel's Flash, trying to "beat DC/WB" like it's a race...then he's stupid and it's going to backfire. I don't care if it goes over well with audiences and he's in a 2 billion dollar movie. Flash is the goddamn Flash, and Quicksilver...is the Not-So-Flash.

I have no worries.

Cmon WB , cast a Gosling or Hunnam for Barry Allen, get Snyder to attack that **** visually, and show em' who's boss.

Quicksilver isn't getting a solo film, so whatever happens to that character AT ALL shouldn't matter towards Flash not getting a film done.

I love Flash, but he is the hardest character out of the JL to give a solo film too. You can easily show off all the powers in different situations for Supes, Bat, MM, Aquaman, WW, GA, or GL.

Flash runs really fast. I know you can do stuff with that, but its a hard power to just give a solo film too without knowing exactly what you are going to get.

Could be a film about him running a marathon without using his powers? :o

So was Howard The Duck, but that wasn't a good movie.

Yeah but that was during a time when comic book films weren't the norm. We live in a cinematic age where it shouldn't be that hard to adapt one of the most iconic woman in comics and the rest of very common characters to the big screen....before a talking raccoon with a gun gets its shot.

Quicksilver isn't getting a solo film, so whatever happens to that character AT ALL shouldn't matter towards Flash not getting a film done.

I love Flash, but he is the hardest character out of the JL to give a solo film too. You can easily show off all the powers in different situations for Supes, Bat, MM, Aquaman, WW, GA, or GL.

Flash runs really fast. I know you can do stuff with that, but its a hard power to just give a solo film too without knowing exactly what you are going to get.
Very true. It DOESNT matter when it comes to Quicksilver. If anything, he's going to be a small character in Avengers 2, heck guys...he may only be in a couple of scenes. All Whedon said was something like , theyre introducing his favourite twin characters from the comics.

It could literally be nothing more than a cameo or a few short interactions with the other members. They wont be marketed for A2, I can almost guarantee that. It's still all about Downey, Ruffalo, Scarlet, Renner, Hemsworth, Jackson and Evans.

What I think theyre doing is preparing for the third and final avengers. They don't know if Downeys gonna come back. I bet they're gonna try to squeeze Black Panther, Ant-Man (maybe Wasp?), Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the 3rd movie just incase they cant get Downey back. They're gonna go all out. Probably why theyre keeping Thanos for the third as well.

If anything, I think DC could easily get the team up film done before Marvel.

Marvel has Heroes for Hire and other than that...I doubt you will see any type of team up film.

DC can do Worlds Finest or a Green Lantern/Flash film if they really wanted and thats a great way to showcase Flash in a feature film, let him play off of another hero. Especially since the Flash/GL relationship is one of the most storied buddy/team ups in all of comics.

Marvel has Heroes for Hire and other than that...I doubt you will see any type of team up film.

DC can do Worlds Finest or a Green Lantern/Flash film if they really wanted and thats a great way to showcase Flash in a feature film, let him play off of another hero. Especially since the Flash/GL relationship is one of the most storied buddy/team ups in all of comics.

They could start filming JL next spring or this Winter!

I'd only suggest a World's Finest if it was before JL, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm more pumped about seeing a Flash/Green Lantern (Barry/Hal) movie than seeing a Flash origin film or another GL film on his own.

I say if John Stewart is Green Lantern in this JL then get Idris Elba for the role and have Guillermo Del Toro do an all spaced out GL movie. Flash can get his own film too I guess.

But if it's a new Hal Jordan...hehehe I say screw the individual movies man! Just do a buddy-cop superhero movie. It would sell way more.

They could start filming JL next spring or this Winter!
Oh man! I can see them starting filming next spring or next summer and releasing it the summer of 2015. That's only if Goyer has either A) started writing or B) begins writing right after MOS.

Even if they give him a full year to crack the script, with re-writes etc. They can start filming in 2014 and release it the following year. God I hope it takes priority over MOS 2. They can use a Lex cameo in JL to hype the Superman sequel, no problem.

The only reason I can think of, for them needing MOS 2 out first...is if MOS has no hints at a Batman, and they need MOS 2 to drop their hints at a Flash or Batman. Then I guess I understand, but that would just suck if JL gets delayed for those reasons.

Launch a Wonder Woman movie in like April/May 2015 and do a post-cred scene with Superman, Batman and her. Maybe push JL to a November/December 2015 release date. Hey if WB can do that with Hobbit and Harry Potter then they can do it here.

Even 2016 the latest would be fine for JL. But it could be earlier.

Hoping that there's a Batman reference in MOS along with that Carol Ferris cameo.

If Snyder has been planning a new actress for Carol Ferris since 2011 then they knew right after GL bombed that the movie was never going to be in continuity. Yes I know it's written as Captain Carrie Farris..but if we, the audience, hear a name like "Ferris" in a Superman movie...spelling means nothing...we're going to think of a Green Lantern connection.

The moment WB/DC feels like they need to rush a film to meet a starting date, then its already starting off on a bad start.

As much as it sucks, getting a good script and the right actors for the parts means a lot more than having the right release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"