Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to take the convo away from the almighty Cyborg :hehe:

But, I can honestly say that im losing interest in discussing some of these characters. Green Lantern for example. Or if Cyborg or Martian Manhunter should be swapped.

Besides the obvious Batman and Superman, the only characters that im really interested in..when it comes to how WB are going to utilize them..are Flash and Wonder Woman. Im really curious to know if a film is coming out for them before JL or after. What actor/actress will be cast and if they'll **** that up or not.

The others? Can care less right now. Don't really care if it's Hal or John..just make the announcement already.

As far as im concerned, MM, Cyborg or Aquaman shouldn't even be in the first movie. If they are, it should be in a minor role that can be expanded on for the sequel. Nothing more that that. Nothing worth marketing or exploiting too much in the trailers, more or less a surprise or nothing at all.

I'm at a point where I don't give a damn if Green Lantern is even used in the first movie. I can't say i'd blame WB or Snyder if they said "Green Lantern/Hal Jordan is a flop with audiences. We're not bringing John Stewart before Hal either. So screw it. Screw Green Lantern. I don't need him to tell my story".

I honestly wouldn't argue that point. As long as Bats/Supes/Wondy/Flash are there, im going to buy a ticket.

^I really think they should just focus on 5 characters, mainly because you could see how six was pushing it in avengers.

Either way, in three weeks you'll have your answer once man of steel comes out. That film will really determine what happens going forward. Me personally, I want a sequel before justice league. At the same time, visually speaking, snyder on justice league is just to good to pass up as well. From the trailers of MOS, even if the film is just decent, visually it is something to look at.

That's one area in particular that avengers lost me at. It was bland looking.

I don't think we'll get any answers until July for comic-con unfortunately.

I don't think we'll get any answers until July for comic-con unfortunately.

When you think of it though, does it really matter. These movies take such a long time to make anyways. There window for 2015 on a justice league film has more or less closed if you take into account that they have no script for the film.

At this point, MOS will probably get a sequel for 2015 seeing as how much of the R&D for superman is done.

I think its really telling that they seem to really want that Wonder Woman tv show still.

I see the justice league film as more of a contigency plan should MOS not do well at all. I see it similar to the first go around with Justice League Mortal. Before the Dark Knight came out, batman begins and superman returns had done ok at the box office. They basically cast and were ready to film, then the dark knight came out and made a billion dollars. WB went back to there solo plan with Green Lantern. We all saw how that turned out and how they basically went back to justice league.

Last edited:
Yeah. After all the new tv spots and the recent trailer drop for MOS, im much more excited for just this movie and then possibly a sequel. But I don't want them to rush the sequel. It doesn't bother if it's out before or after a Justice League.

They'll probably release a Wonder Woman tv show next year and If it fails, they may just delay JL indefinitely. If it's a success like Arrow then they'll go full steam ahead. If the actress is too young, they'll cast a slightly older actress for JL and keep the show as a "origin" for the character. But I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the plug on the whole shared universe if WW gets canceled halfway through a season or something. A Wonder Woman series may be the true test for a team-up.

MOS looks exciting as hell. This new trailer shows a different side once again. No Jor-El or Jonathan Kent. All about the scope, Zod & Superman. It just seems like there's so many layers to this movie. Im no longer thinking too far ahead into JL territory anymore, at least not until the movie drops next month.

The wait for Batman news is killing me though!

Yeah. After all the new tv spots and the recent trailer drop for MOS, im much more excited for just this movie and then possibly a sequel. But I don't want them to rush the sequel. It doesn't bother if it's out before or after a Justice League.

They'll probably release a Wonder Woman tv show next year and If it fails, they may just delay JL indefinitely. If it's a success like Arrow then they'll go full steam ahead. If the actress is too young, they'll cast a slightly older actress for JL and keep the show as a "origin" for the character. But I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the plug on the whole shared universe if WW gets canceled halfway through a season or something. A Wonder Woman series may be the true test for a team-up.

MOS looks exciting as hell. This new trailer shows a different side once again. No Jor-El or Jonathan Kent. All about the scope, Zod & Superman. It just seems like there's so many layers to this movie. Im no longer thinking too far ahead into JL territory anymore, at least not until the movie drops next month.

Batman is a whole other issue. I think if there going to use the character right away, a justice league film makes sense because it changes things up for the character.

If they plan to go the solo route, I'm hoping they wait 5-7 years. It builds up the anticipation and you don't want to burn out the franchise (and yes, even the batman franchise can burn out).

Aquaman might be too much for the first movie if he doesn't get a solo film prior to JL. Especially with Wonder Woman being there. You would have to establish 2 major ancient mythologies in one movie.

That's a matter of opinion. Aquaman would be no different than the Flash of Wonder Woman in this case. Certainly you could introduce these characters in an ensemble cast and then feature them in a full length solo film after the fact. There is no evidence to show that it would be too much.

I doubt they're going to delay JL just because a Wonder Woman show fails. Even moreso, I doubt there will be a Wonder Woman show next year, unless you've seen something that lends to that theory. In which case... not sure if I'm even interested.

What copyright issues are there with Black Lightning? I was under the impression that only Marvel had those issues since WB owns DC as a whole and none of their characters are with Fox, Sony, etc.

The argument that DC Comics prefers Cyborg over MM therefore WB will take him over MM in live-action is not a valid one. WB often lets DC do their own thing 99% of the time and rarely intervene, if they intervene at all. Same thing goes vice versa - people working at DC Comics often don't have any influence on what WB chooses to do in the movies (other than maybe Geoff Johns). Now I'm not saying this means for sure we are getting MM instead of Cyborg; just that we have no way of knowing whether or not WB wants to force Cyborg on everyone just as much as DC does.

Black Lightning
(the flying Volga)

Yeah, Universal pictures has a copyright on the title Black Lightning. They made a Russian Film by the same name back in 2009 (Russia's answer to "Transformers"). You can see the trailer by either clicking on the image or watching below:

[YT]V9kYdfSroTs[/YT]

Universal plans to produce an English language remake of the picture (meaning they have since renewed the copyright). In any case, I believe there will be problems using a character by that name in a WB produced film, and if they change the name of the character, I don't think it will fly well with fans.

Last edited:
I doubt they're going to delay JL just because a Wonder Woman show fails. Even moreso, I doubt there will be a Wonder Woman show next year, unless you've seen something that lends to that theory. In which case... not sure if I'm even interested.
I do. WW is a big piece of the puzzle.

There's a few things that lend to that theory from the past few weeks, talked about by DC people. They have something cooked up for WW soon and it's either a film or a tv show. Most likely a tv series.

I do. WW is a big piece of the puzzle.

There's a few things that lend to that theory from the past few weeks, talked about by DC people. They have something cooked up for WW soon and it's either a film or a tv show. Most likely a tv series.

She's a piece of the puzzle, but she's only one character. And then at that, she's not extremely popular either. Just because her tv show fails doesn't mean she wouldn't work amongst other heroes in a JL movie. And then if they cancel JL just because of one character, how would that make sense when it would still have two of their highest selling/well-known heroes in Batman and Superman, coupled with guys like Flash, GL, etc? Just doesn't make sense business-wise because there is surely a major profit to be made.

If it failed, there would simply be another version of WW in the JL not connected to the failed show.

Oh okay, I see. I don't know man, soon doesn't necessarily mean next year. And then, it could be a lot of things besides a tv show. Maybe I just look at it like that because I'm not interested.

Last edited:
Does a Smallville inspired WW show really bare relevance to JL?

I really don't think it would.

Maybe if it was extremely successful they'd use the tv version of WW in JL. And realistically, I just don't see that happening.

Not extremely popular? Really? And she's not just a piece of the puzzle. She's not Green Lantern who can be swapped for another version of the character or not used at all. She's not Aquaman.

Yeah you're right that it's just a tv show. They'll re-cast anyway so they can write it off as B.S and say "This is the film version of Diana, no relation". OK. But if a tv show gets canceled, that's one pilot canceled and another tv series flopping. WB would no doubt begin to worry about the character all together. You know the way they think.

If people walk into a JL with a negative mindset on Green Lantern, and possibly Wonder Woman if the show fails (hey, it could be a big thing) then they'll re-evaluate everything that's on the table.

I'd much rather a movie made for her with an actress that they have plans for in the team-up.

Not extremely popular? Really? And she's not just a piece of the puzzle. She's not Green Lantern who can be swapped for another version of the character or not used at all. She's not Aquaman.

Yeah you're right that it's just a tv show. They'll re-cast anyway so they can write it off as B.S and say "This is the film version of Diana, no relation". OK. But if a tv show gets canceled, that's one pilot canceled and another tv series flopping. WB would no doubt begin to worry about the character all together. You know the way they think.

If people walk into a JL with a negative mindset on Green Lantern, and possibly Wonder Woman if the show fails (hey, it could be a big thing) then they'll re-evaluate everything that's on the table.

I'd much rather a movie made for her with an actress that they have plans for in the team-up.

Yes really lol. Wonder Woman is not extremely popular like Batman or Superman. And she is just a piece of the puzzle, nothing extremely major. She is a piece of the puzzle regarding the fact that she pretty much has to be part of JL, but not so major that they'd cancel a JL movie because something related to her like a tv show failed.

People might walk into the theater with that mindset, but if she is presented right, then they'd walk out with a new mindset regarding her. And then even before that, I'm sure things like JL trailers and tv spots could sell her badassery to the GA. Not a big deal.

Yes, I can imagine WB being worried about WW if her tv show failed, but they'd surely recognize how much of a profit JL would bring in regardless of a failed tv show. It's just business. Because if a WW show failed, chances are people weren't watching it. Therefore, no one would really complain if they had her in a JL movie presented in a more epic manner.

Last edited:
didn't an exec say recently that a WW show would be a seperate continuity from the movies? I think they cited Smallville / Superman Returns as an example of audiences not being confused.

TPC

Is that Michael Jackson shooting heat from his eyes in your avi? :p

didn't an exec say recently that a WW show would be a seperate continuity from the movies? I think they cited Smallville / Superman Returns as an example of audiences not being confused.

Marvel's not doing that.

You should know by this point that DC isn't following Marvel's approach. :cwink:

Yes, but the rationale that the hero in the TV series will confuse the movie going audience is a farce since Marvel is not doing separate universes with their TV and movie properties (going forward).

Yes, but the rationale that the hero in the TV series will confuse the movie going audience is a farce since Marvel is not doing separate universes with their TV and movie properties (going forward).

I think what FeedOnATreeFrog was saying was that people weren't confused when Superman Returns came out, even though Smallville was on at the same time. They recognized them as separate continuities.

But yeah, I understand what you're saying as well.

I guess you could call it Hee-Heeat vision. :oldrazz:

As long as the Batman and Superman versions they will use will be successful, WB is not going to pull the plug on the whole universe just because one character had a TV show that wasn't successful especially since TV is nowhere as big as movies on the big screen, the show will probably air on the CW, and will probably not even be in the same continuity as MOS and the other movies going by that Superman Returns/Smallville analogy that Geoff Johns gave.

On top of that, WW is also not a big shot like Batman and Superman are. She is iconic in the same way that Flash and Green Lantern are - everyone knows their name, how they look like, and a basic description of their powers.

Black Lightning
(the flying Volga)

Yeah, Universal pictures has a copyright on the title Black Lightning. They made a Russian Film by the same name back in 2009 (Russia's answer to "Transformers"). You can see the trailer by either clicking on the image or watching below:

[YT]V9kYdfSroTs[/YT]

Universal plans to produce an English language remake of the picture (meaning they have since renewed the copyright). In any case, I believe there will be problems using a character by that name in a WB produced film, and if they change the name of the character, I don't think it will fly well with fans.

I meant in the comics. How does Universal's movie stop Black Lightning from appearing in a Justice League comic especially since he has his own solo comic?

Also, you can always change his name for live-action or use a different black superhero.

Yep. They did say that. The Wonder Woman TV show will probably not be in the same universe of the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"