Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Monster's U tonight. It was very funny. After watching the preview trailers I guess there will be an apperance made by DC's trinity next year. It's called "The Leggo Movie"

Honestly, if it were up to me, I'd have Warner Bros. release two Superman films, one Batman, Wonder Woman, and Flash film before ultimately releasing a Justice League film, where it would take a hint from the "New Frontier" aspect where we use the JL film to introduce Hal Jordan (before he got the ring and showing how he eventually received it) and John Jones.

Honestly, if it were up to me, I'd have Warner Bros. release two Superman films, one Batman, Wonder Woman, and Flash film before ultimately releasing a Justice League film, where it would take a hint from the "New Frontier" aspect where we use the JL film to introduce Hal Jordan (before he got the ring and showing how he eventually received it) and John Jones.

That would be awesome to see. I'm with you in that I want to see everyone's origin. I think of how the Incredible Hulk handled Banner's origin and it still makes me cringe. They obviously couldn't do another full-on origin story so soon, but it was handled horribly in my opinion. An opening title sequence should not be used as a story-telling device. I feel like the Green Lantern (Hal) could potentially be screwed up in the same way, so I prefer your idea.

I agree with this. But im leaning more toward John Stewart now. Either way, Green Lantern can be introduced in a Flash or JL movie.

2015 - MOS 2
2016/2017 - Batman Reboot
2016/2017 - Flash & Wonder Woman movies
2018 or 2019 - Justice League

The problem is waiting too long for a third Superman movie of the trilogy. I think waiting close to 5 years wouldn't be an option. Especially if the sequel is a great success.

I agree with this. But im leaning more toward John Stewart now. Either way, Green Lantern can be introduced in a Flash or JL movie.

2015 - MOS 2
2016/2017 - Batman Reboot
2016/2017 - Flash & Wonder Woman movies
2018 or 2019 - Justice League

Do you mean GL as a cameo in a Flash movie or as a team-up? I don't really care to see him in a Flash team-up over his own thing. I feel like it takes away from their individual stories. We've seen them team-up in the comics, but it's usually well after they've been established.

Hmmmm....I see,

MoS 2 - 2015
WW - 2016
JL - 2016

From there.... I don't know

2016 is too soon for JL. 2017 the earliest and I don't even think that's gonna happen.

Well, all I've been reading is how WB/DC wants to fast-track it.

Well, all I've been reading is how WB/DC wants to fast-track it.

Hopefully they shed some light on it next week. I think that we can expect something about MoS (2?), but I'm also hoping for an additional character (WW, Flash, etc).

Yeah, I think they will squeeze WW in slightly before JL...much how CA was before Avengers. I thought I saw somewhere WW was the likely character to be done before JL, if they choose to introduce one character before the ensemble film.

Yeah, I think they will squeeze WW in slightly before JL...much how CA was before Avengers. I thought I saw somewhere WW was the likely character to be done before JL, if they choose to introduce one character before the ensemble film.

It should happen. I think an announcement now would help her ride the MoS wave. If both movies (MoS2 & WW) were to come out in 2015, we could see a lot of momentum go in WB/DC's favor.

This link was posted in the Wonder Woman thread by fanboii:

http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=241802

EW print: "a solo Wonder Woman movie could be released in time for the character's 75th anniversary in 2016."

"She's a key member of the Justice League movie franchise currently in development, and Warner Brothers sources say a solo Wonder Woman movie could be released in time for the character's 75th anniversary in 2016."

It's from this weeks's issue of EW. Comic-Con 2013 Preview, page 61.

1033.gif

:woot: just what I had hoped!

My initial reaction: "I cannot believe that it took almost 75 years though."

i cant see wonder woman taken seriously in a movie. i can see aquaman being done, but a prominent female action hero is just wishful thinking unless a good writer is attached.

I disagree. I feel like WB running with a Clash of the Titans/Troy type of angle would work fine regardless of the lead's gender.

I disagree. I feel like WB running with a Clash of the Titans/Troy type of angle would work fine regardless of the lead's gender.

Agreed; they just need to treat the material seriously, otherwise they'll end up with an unintentional parody on their hands.

I think the Hunger Games is a good example of a franchise with a female lead being done right (for the time being that is). The director and writers just have to make sure that they don't saddle Diana with "Twilight" like problems, love triangles and all that crap; along with making sure not to take a page out of Michael Bay's or Justin Lin's style where we get several shots of random Amazonian women dressed in loose outfits that are clearly meant to show several revealing parts of their bodies because let's face it, it'd be easy for some directors to mess up with the concept of Diana coming from an island that only has women on it. If a Director can't take that seriously, then it'd just end up looking like something from a high school teenager's fantasy.lol

If they can find a director who can present Wonder Woman's world correctly, then that will leave a good impression on people that they can get DC's other properties correctly. I used to think that Aquaman would be a difficult character to do but after seeing what they were able to do for "Thor" in the MCU and how they presented the Atlantis world in "Young Justice", it wouldn't be that hard anymore.

Treat it seriously like we've seen with Man Of Steel and Batman Begins. The character has that origin potential. Epic scope. Greek mythology. Focus on Diana, her character, her beliefs, her relatability. Use Themyscira as the backdrop. There's sooo much to tell with a WW movie it's unreal. I don't see how people can say that it cant be done or taken seriously. Complete rubbish.

They just need the right writer and director and a good cast to surround Diana, if she's an up and comer like Cavill.

Treat it seriously like we've seen with Man Of Steel and Batman Begins. The character has that origin potential. Epic scope. Greek mythology. Focus on Diana, her character, her beliefs, her relatability. Use Themyscira as the backdrop. There's sooo much to tell with a WW movie it's unreal. I don't see how people can say that it cant be done or taken seriously. Complete rubbish.

They just need the right writer and director and a good cast to surround Diana, if she's an up and comer like Cavill.

Agreed…

Also, one of the things that I’ve noted in the “Man of Steel” thread is that I think one way that they could further reference the growing DCU in MOS 2 without it feeling forced would be having Lois or someone else mention to Clark on how other heroes are slowly emerging and coming out to the public and how she/they’ve heard about reports of their various activities across the globe. In Lois’s case, it could be established that she and Iris Allen (future wife of Barry Allen) are colleagues or even friends and how Lois heard from her about a mysterious red and yellow blur that’s been going around Central City and saving people, etc.

This could lead into the Justice League film where Lois and Superman try to track down these heroes and how Superman tries to convince them on forming a team with each other, believing that they could do greater good with each other than as solo heroes.

I don't see a Flash movie happening until after JL. I think they want to establish the trinity first going into the team-up and treat Flash/Green Lantern as side characters that are a tiny bit lighter. Then if they get a good response with the actors portraying them, they'll launch into those solo movies.

That's how I see it playing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back