Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 2

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by Thread Manager, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Hmm....how about because Nolan successfully rebooted the Batman film franchise and he is ummm....a good writer and director?

2. FilmNerdJamie

FilmNerdJamie I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!

Imagine you'll see a Man of Steel sequel in 2015 instead.

3. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

We don't always agree but this is bang on.

4. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Mortal wasn't the best, infact it was way too much like Green Lantern was. I've said for ages though I can see JL been postponed, if that means a MOS 2 before JL or instead of, I don't know. Personally I could see them maybe taking the current script written by Beall and maybe getting someone like Goyer in to rewrite it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  5. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Here's what I can see, them getting someone in like Goyer to write a new script that is more grounded like the MOS movie. Hopefully this doesn't mean they want to include John Blake as Batman though. Also can see them maybe cutting Green Lantern out altogether (but hopefully not) because if the failureif the GL movie.

But I'm hoping they postpone and just concentrate on a MOS trilogy and maybe taking on the Flash and Wonder Woman in their own solo films.

JL is really the new Superman at WBs they just can't get this movie going and we all know how long it took them to bring Superman back to the big screen. David Goyer needs tone brought in as the guy to get a DC universe on film going cause whoever s calling the shots now is clueless.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  6. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

Ah, but they haven't got a writer for it either. Like JL.

7. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Maybe Goyer's writing it right now :cwink:

8. Frodo

Frodo Well-Known Member

I'm personally not panicking because I had a feeling that the script probably wasn't gonna be that good . They're trying to rush it and slap something together by 2015 instead of stepping back and really taking the time to get this thing to work.

That said , waiting for MOS and recognizing that the script is bad is at least a good sign. Maybe it'll scare them enough to actually think things through and put together a quality film .

9. Ultra Nolanite

Ultra Nolanite Well-Known Member

Why are people (Mark Millar) ripping on Green Lantern. If done well it can be bigger than Star Wars. How I wish capable people could have gotten their hands on GL. A GL movie trilogy needs to be the hub in which a Justice League film, or any DC film for that matter takes place.

10. jmc

jmc away for a while

I'm actually not surprised if the JL script is getting thrown out, MoS was clearly not meant to be part of a wider DC universe and from memory the JL script has been around since before MoS started. It seems to me if they're starting from scratch it means they couldn't rework it to fit in Snyder's Superman.

11. Crazymaverick

Crazymaverick Obsessed with the \S/

I'm a little saddened by this news. Looks like more delays at the very least, and a complete scrap at worst. Just like 'Justice League: Mortal', even though the reasons for scrapping that one were a little different.

Maybe they should just go ahead with Superman sequels and focus on getting Wonder Woman off the ground, coz it sure doesn't look like good news on the Justice League front.

12. GregComicFan

GregComicFan movie and comic buff

I would rather see Superman get his time to shine with the MOS trilogy... and save JL for later.

If the script to JL sucks, then I don't want the movie made.

13. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

If JL gets postponed I see that as a good thing..
    Bring on World's Finest!!!!!!
    Then a solo Wonder Woman movie, a Flash movie, a new Green Lantern, new Batman, then Justice League

14. jmc

jmc away for a while

Does anyone else think Man of Steel originally being in its own universe has something to do with a complete rewrite? That seems to me the most logical reason for starting from scratch.

15. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it does get postponed. It wouldn't be the first time a JL movie got postponed, let alone a DC movie in general.

They're rewriting the script and they don't even have a director yet. I don't see any way on how you can make a great JL movie that rocks the whole theater by 2015.

16. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

I certainly hope so.

17. Liam_H

Liam_H Well-Known Member

Great news.

18. jmc

jmc away for a while

I'm actually really happy is this turns out to be true. Bring on the solo films WB!

19. FilmNerdJamie

Writing has been on the wall Justice League wasn't hitting 2015.

20. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

This could be great news. I wonder if the core 5 lineup still sticks? I'm guessing that since Will Beall stated his Green Lantern was indeed Hal Jordan, that now anything can happen. We could be getting John Stewart for all we know.

I would continue with the core 5 idea. Without Aquaman, Hawkman or Martian Manhunter (only a cameo with MM and a hint to Aquaman). But if they're scrapping the whole cosmic/darkseid **** then perhaps they'll want something more grounded once MOS comes out.

I also have a feeling that they've been giving this script to every director there is, as well as big actors (JGL probs) and they're all turning it down....WB must be thinking "yeaaaah Gangster Squad didnt do well, and nobodys likes this script...i guess it's just a piece of trash and we have to move on".

I just hope this means they dont delay the Bat reboot tooooo long.

21. Rorschach2012

World's Finest. Do it WB.

22. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

Yeah i've been under that assumption for a while, seeing as disney already lined itself up writters and a director for the star wars sequel in 2015 (the earliest) but bupkis for JL.

23. Rorschach2012

Fine with me. Bring on Brainiac and Lex Luthor.

If the MOS sequel has villains other than those Ill be disappointed. I think fans everywhere have been waiting for a Brainiac/Lex film for a long time. Hell thats what MOS should have been.

24. Showtime

Showtime Your Friend In Time

Who cares what Mark Millar says anyway, I rather go to bat with Guggenheim and Berlanti than him.

25. FilmNerdJamie

Ya know... people who have actually made movies and not overrated loud-mouth, ********-spreading comic-book writers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.