Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One does not simply choose poorly. They spent a while making gl, the original script where legion was the villain, as a hive mind type of enemy run by the man hunters or something. Plus Alan Scott was in it, and it was a much better setup for a shared universe. Remember when they were going to make gl a comedy starring jack black?

They just don't get it, nor do they respect the characters enough to make a great film.

That GL script was fantastic. WB really ****ed up by skipping on it.

I read the script for the Jack Black GL. The one part I did like from the script.

JB took the floor and was giving a speech and rambling on. The Guardians kept trying to talk. He kept interrupting them. Finally one shouted "SHUT THE **** UP!"

Otherwise it was weird. Sinestro manipulated the ring so it went to Jack Black's character instead of Hal since he knew Hal was meant for greater things. Kilowog hung out with JB's smokin' buddy and became a couch potato watching Superman Returns and calling it hilarious.

@Venomsdad-I'm agreeing with you. I said its not just wrong choices. They're pretty dumb.

I read the script for the Jack Black GL. The one part I did like from the script.

JB took the floor and was giving a speech and rambling on. The Guardians kept trying to talk. He kept interrupting them. Finally one shouted "SHUT THE **** UP!"

Otherwise it was weird. Sinestro manipulated the ring so it went to Jack Black's character instead of Hal since he knew Hal was meant for greater things. Kilowog hung out with JB's smokin' buddy and became a couch potato watching Superman Returns and calling it hilarious.

LOL all of that sounds hilarious. At least we didn't get that GL movie... but I'd watch it for amusement.

They could at this point. Beall was writing for a year before word got out.

But... They threw the whole thing away. They're redoing from page 1.

That's why I'm a bit skeptical. Also, that doesn't entirely seem like WB to be making casting hires and not publically announcing them? Or am I thinking of a different company? Not impossible, but doesn't seem likely to me.

On a side note, does anyone think they'll switch up the lineup with the rewrite? Add more characters perhaps?

That's why I'm a bit skeptical. Also, that doesn't entirely seem like WB to be making casting hires and not publically announcing them? Or am I thinking of a different company? Not impossible, but doesn't seem likely to me.

I think WB would have people in mind for these roles, or on the look out for actors for them, even without a set script. Since nothing is set, they wouldn't announce anyone they were interested in yet. And it's hard to make deals if the script isn't ready yet either. But I do think word is out among actors and agents for these roles. But, yeah, I don't think there will be a big JL cast announcement at CC if everything else about JL is shaky.

On a side note, does anyone think they'll switch up the lineup with the rewrite? Add more characters perhaps?

Perhaps. But wasn't the rumour that the Beall script suffered from adding and removing extra characters, seeing who would work in the group? And who would be writing the script now? Do they even have anyone? Is it Goyer?

That's a rumor that's never been confirmed. None of us know for sure if they threw the entire script away.

Justice League will be about the Death of Superman bringing together the finest heroes from around the world fighting off Darkseid as him and Brainiac work together to try and taking over the Earth. Brainiac betrays Darkseid and Batman outsmarts while surviving a direct hit from his omega beams. :o

At this point in time, everything we know about the script by Beall is almost only pure speculation. Aside from the line-up and the villain, which might just be true if you believe the sources. (Latino-Review/El Mayimbe)

I would think that the announcement that Will Beall wrote a script and the announcement of a release date was a knee jerk reaction to The Avengers success. We can all agree on this!. Warner execs jumped the gun and claimed a movie by 2015, probably without reading the script. Even so, would they even know if it was good. We now know that it as not as good as formerly thought of. Was it because they saw how Gangster Squad fared at the box office or how the critics reacted to it or have they actually had someone from DC to read the script (which I highly doubt!)

Which lead us to now.
Rumors that the script is scrapped and an announcement will be made on the opening week after MOS. So between last week? till June 14 , can a working script be written, yes, maybe. Finalized? Unlikely. A cast announced? Highly unlikely but also not an impossibility. Offers to actors is more probable.

I think that's where we are now!

It was hyped up because it was good and becuse of the leadins.Those who saw the leadins hyped it up for those who didnt see it.

The marvel way isnt the only way-its just the best way.

But not to the people who saw Avengers but didn't see the lead ins. The lead ins meant jack **** to those people. Its kind of like everyone went to see the Dark Knight but hadn't seen Begins.

Also what works for Marvel might not work for DC. The reason it worked for Marvel was because Iron Man was so popular after his break out movie. Remember that GL flopped, DC can't guarantee ppl will see the lead ins. If they flopped WBs would probably pull the plug. The draw for JL is Superman and Batman onscreen together. You don't need the lead ins, they are a risk and WBs don't like taking risks. Better for them to do GL then spin off the solos as contiuations or prequels.

Last edited:
At this point in time, everything we know about the script by Beall is almost only pure speculation. Aside from the line-up and the villain, which might just be true if you believe the sources. (Latino-Review/El Mayimbe)

I would think that the announcement that Will Beall wrote a script and the announcement of a release date was a knee jerk reaction to The Avengers success. We can all agree on this!. Warner execs jumped the gun and claimed a movie by 2015, probably without reading the script. Even so, would they even know if it was good. We now know that it as not as good as formerly thought of. Was it because they saw how Gangster Squad fared at the box office or how the critics reacted to it or have they actually had someone from DC to read the script (which I highly doubt!)

Which lead us to now.
Rumors that the script is scrapped and an announcement will be made on the opening week after MOS. So between last week? till June 14 , can a working script be written, yes, maybe. Finalized? Unlikely. A cast announced? Highly unlikely but also not an impossibility. Offers to actors is more probable.

I think that's where we are now!

I wonder how long it will be until Beall's script is leaked

I'm more concerned as to who will polish the script! Or take a crack at writing a new one altogether!

Well it is a wonder if they're polishing it or re-writing.

Considering they can pick and choose storylines from years of comics, its a wonder they haven't done so. The only problem with that is budget.

Considering The Hobbit is one book that they are turning in to 3 movies you'd wonder why they can't do it in this particular instance. Then again with Peter Jackson's track record, they'd probably let him film anything he wants.

I think they should make a JL film based on the Justice books by Alex Ross. They could have it so each member is taken out by said villain and they realise they need to come together

I think they should make a JL film based on the Justice books by Alex Ross. They could have it so each member is taken out by said villain and they realise they need to come together

I'm more concerned as to who will polish the script! Or take a crack at writing a new one altogether!

Oh, I would like to take a shot at it...I've got a story in hand that none would deny. ;)

I like the Justice books. That's like a more sophisticated and adult version of the Challenge of the Superfriends with the Legion of Doom involved. However, I can't see them adapting that story properly as there's just so many heroes and villains involved. By the time they've cut back on all the characters and plotlines, it might not resemble its source material any more.

It's more the kind of film that should be made as a later sequel once additional characters have been established.

I'm talking about what is next after MOS is released, and what ElMayimbe was implying in his tweets. The whole debate last week was that a MOS trilogy would hold off a JL movie. ElMayimbe was saying that a JL movie is still the plan. I don't doubt that a MOS sequel is inevitable if MOS is a hit, just that it won't be the next project until they figure out JL, since Superman has to figure in that too.

I think it's entirely possible WB could develop both a MOS sequel and a new JL script together. If they can make JL into a MOS sequel of sorts, or have MOS 2 tie into a JL film... that seems possible. If WB likes how both scripts are turning out, I can see them fast-tracking both and space them a year apart.

Thing is, Universal and Disney are slating more films now for summer 2015 (especially in July)... if WB doesn't get their act together, they won't have a lot of spots to choose from. They'll either have to move to spring or fall 2015 or even go to summer 2016 in order to stake their claim.

I think WB should kick Hobbit 3 back into the winter the release, so they can buffer their late quarter with a blockbuster franchise that can kick start 2015. Probably what they end up doing if I had to guess. I'm gonna say Star Wars 7 gears for late May 2015, but if goes back to winter 2015, then it could be problematic for WB.

I like the Justice books. That's like a more sophisticated and adult version of the Challenge of the Superfriends with the Legion of Doom involved. However, I can't see them adapting that story properly as there's just so many heroes and villains involved. By the time they've cut back on all the characters and plotlines, it might not resemble its source material any more.

It's more the kind of film that should be made as a later sequel once additional characters have been established.

I didn't mean adapt it but I meant take the premise but streamline it. But tbh I agree it's better left for a sequel.

I think WB should kick Hobbit 3 back into the winter the release, so they can buffer their late quarter with a blockbuster franchise that can kick start 2015. Probably what they end up doing if I had to guess. I'm gonna say Star Wars 7 gears for late May 2015, but if goes back to winter 2015, then it could be problematic for WB.

Until WB firms up their release slate for next year and 2015, I think The Hobbit: There & Back Again will remain in that July 18 spot (and X-Men: First Class will move to late May or fall 2014). They have no other tentpole franchises to fall back on otherwise.

And the fact that Alan Horn is at Disney now also plays a role in the release date game. He's jumping on release dates that worked well at his tenture at WB, like early March and July, for future summer releases like Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Maleficent.

Until WB firms up their release slate for next year and 2015, I think The Hobbit: There & Back Again will remain in that July 18 spot (and X-Men: First Class will move to late May or fall 2014). They have no other tentpole franchises to fall back on otherwise.

And the fact that Alan Horn is at Disney now also plays a role in the release date game. He's jumping on release dates that worked well at his tenture at WB, like early March and July, for future summer releases like Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Maleficent.

I would tend to agree with this. Summer is the movie blockbuster season and studios want to release pictures that are going to be a big draw in order to maximize profits. Since they have proven that "The Hobbit" can make blockbuster box office numbers, it makes sense for them to move the release date of the sequel to the summer time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"