Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how they can keep Reynolds, if they are going to incorporate this with MOS. Superman is supposed to be the first alien...unless they say the events in GL happened after MOS?

I dunno, I just don't see Reynolds being in it regardless.

Just make Green Lantern the first movie of the shared DC Universe, Abin Sur was already dead when taken to secret location by Amanda Waller, general public does not know that alien Abin Sur was found.

Superman (and Zod and co.) as alien is reveled after the events of GL, and they are the first living aliens who have openly contacted people of Earth.

Parallax cloud as Alien does not count as the event was over in a matter of few hours and the fact that he hardly looked like an intelligent sentient alien, to general people of Earth it could be dismissed as an alien organism attacking humans.

Just make Green Lantern the first movie of the shared DC Universe, Abin Sur was already dead when taken to secret location by Amanda Waller, general public does not know that alien Abin Sur was found.

Yeah that'd be cool.

If Green Lantern didnt SUCK. I'd prefer that movie to have no place in the DC cinematic universe

Yeah that'd be cool.

If Green Lantern didnt SUCK. I'd prefer that movie to have no place in the DC cinematic universe

I don't think that many people have actually seen it anyway to remember all that. :oldrazz:

Besides that, The Incredible Hulk was not exactly a roaring hit.
Still, Marvel Studios has it in it's continuity.

I don't think that many people have actually seen it anyway to remember all that. :oldrazz:

Besides that, The Incredible Hulk was not exactly a roaring hit.
Still, Marvel Studios has it in it's continuity.
It wasn't exactly critically panned like GL though.

Throw the RR Green Lantern movie in the trash. I hated it.

Did they soft-reboot Hulk because of rights (with the changing of studios), casting issues, or because quality/story issues and wanting to distance themselves from that?

Throw the RR Green Lantern movie in the trash. I hated it.
It was pretty awful. Green Lantern has such a great mythos to take advantage of and it was completely fumbled.

Here are some reasons why GL movie should be included in the rest of Shared DC Universe (and be a part of JL lead-up.) -

* WB are unlikely to spend money on another GL origin movie again, so it makes sense to use what has been dealt with (Hal Jordan's origins are shown in GL movie.)

* The cast was good, it would be shame to lose Mark Strong as Sinestro, Geoffery Rush as Tomar Re and Angela Bassett as Amanda Waller and Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan.

* The tone of GL movie same as Iron Man, which means that it was fairly grounded. So that including it as a movie leading up to a JL movie would not be a problem.

* Whatever improvements are needed (such as Suit design, CGI effects for the constructs can be done in a JL movie.)

Lastly, I wouldn't mind if Ryan Reynolds is replaced as Hal Jordan and in addition to that if John Stewart is introduced in a JL movie, which could lead to a new Green lantern movie in future, just name it as something different like "Emerald Knights" instead of Green lantern 2.

Since GL and Bats were the most recent movies, they should be the last ones to come, after Supes, Flash, and Wondie all get their movies, giving plenty of time for people to forget GL1 (regardless if it's a reboot) and TDK trilogy.

Man of Steel 2013
Flash 2015/16
Wonder Woman 2015/16
Green Lantern Corps 2016/7 (5/6 years since GL '11. That's more than The Incredible Hulk had to distance itself from Ang Lee's Hulk)
New Batman 2017. (ditto: 5 years after TDKR, especially for a concluded story, is plenty)

I think this should be the order, regardless of when the JL movie comes.

Also, while it probably makes more sense financially to at least soft-reboot green lantern (completely new cast, new look, new feel, etc, but perhaps without contradicting the first film), if TDK trilogy was kept in continuity, I wouldn't mind if GL1 was officially kept in as well.

Last edited:
Maybe they can introduce team up movies instead of solo movies, you know to fast track everything.

That Superman/Batman team up where the logos are combined. Then The Brave and the Bold with GL and the Flash. DC Comics presents with Wonder Woman and Aquaman. More bang for your buck! And you don't have the pressure on and actor/actress carrying a movie by themselves. More cost effective for the studio and a more compact timeline to introduce the characters! If they came out with a movie each year we can have JL by the 4th year. And if one of the movie bombs, there would still be the other movies to offset that! Just a suggestion!:woot:

Also Wonder Woman is a really hard character to write (I am assuming)! If you know anyone at DC, ask them how many times they've rebooted the the character! But I'm really a fan of this new version by Brian Azarello! I hope they (movie gods) go with his take!

Maybe they can introduce team up movies instead of solo movies, you know to fast track everything.

That Superman/Batman team up where the logos are combined. Then The Brave and the Bold with GL and the Flash. DC Comics presents with Wonder Woman and Aquaman. More bang for your buck! And you don't have the pressure on and actor/actress carrying a movie by themselves. More cost effective for the studio and a more compact timeline to introduce the characters! If they came out with a movie each year we can have JL by the 4th year. And if one of the movie bombs, there would still be the other movies to offset that! Just a suggestion!:woot:

Also Wonder Woman is a really hard character to write (I am assuming)! If you know anyone at DC, ask them how many times they've rebooted the the character! But I'm really a fan of this new version by Brian Azarello! I hope they (movie gods) go with his take!

That is a good suggestion !

Make a World's Finest movie after MOS, introduce a new Batman in it, it will be successful no doubt about it.

then make a Flash and WW movie, start with Flash looking for some villain only to find that WW also searching him, then let WW narrate her back story in flash backs and Flash tells her how he got his powers, then develop script from there.

Have a GL and MM story set in space where Hal Jordan (with Sinestro) rescues him (say from Despero or Mongul) and brings him on Earth , where MM adopts a disguise.

Lastly, combine all these into one mega JL movie !

I would rather have a Trinity movie.

Flash and GL team up makes more sense I think. He could help redeem GL and it's an established friendship.

Setting up a GL movie in Space with some other alien GL corps members (which will serve to establish how GL is different from other superheroes.) is only way GL movie can get success , it might be a good idea to have an alien villain doing something that requires Hal Jordan (or John Stewart's ) attention, might be a good idea to include Martian Manhunter as well.

Setting up a GL movie in Space with some other alien GL corps members (which will serve to establish how GL is different from other superheroes.) is only way GL movie can get success.

Only way? I don't know about that. GL had some space scenes and not all space movies (John Carter) are successful. GL needs quite a bit of redemption for the public.

People know about the Flash probably better than Iron Man before his movie. He could draw people in who don't care for GL after his movie. Then Flash's friendship could heal those old wounds. A Flash and GL movie should also be more on the light side like a Marvel movie. It would work better for both characters. They're the buddy cops of superheroes.

It was awful. If they're going to wait til the end of the decade (or the next one) to release a Justice League, Ryan Reynolds wont be coming back anyway. So you can reboot it no problem and the new version of the character will be set after MOS obviously.

But im afraid he may still return if JL takes off in 2015/16. And that's not cool. The more footage i see for MOS and good things i hear? To try to tie in 2011's Green Lantern you would have to set it post-MOS. Because setting it before Superman makes no sense and it's disrespectful imo lol.

I have a feeling WB might go for the John Stewart idea now that Beall's script is tossed out.

El Mayimbe hinted at the new writer for JL.

David Goyer? Jonah Nolan? David Koepp? Probably the first two, which is a step in the right direction.

***** *****. Geoff Johns, David Goyer, Jonah Nolan, that's all I got.

El Mayimbe hinted at the new writer for JL.

David Goyer? Jonah Nolan? David Koepp? Probably the first two, which is a step in the right direction.

I'm betting it's Goyer. Welp, looks like the script's getting worked on now which is a great sign. Now they need Snyder onboard. Looks like things are falling into place.

Also, Mayimbe mentioned in another tweet that after fishing for MCU and Star Wars scoops, it's the DCU's turn. Can't wait to see what he digs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"