Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
To take a break from all the debating...I might have just made a mess of myself thinking of the prospects of Hans Zimmer scoring this film and integrating themes from both the TDK trilogy and MOS.

I think Hans should take a break from superhero films for a while. Let another composer play in the sandbox... there are plenty of composers out there who can do something new and fresh who aren't averse to revisiting the previous films' themes.

I would love to hear what someone like John Ottman, Brian Tyler, Alexandre Desplat or Michael Giacchino can do with Zimmer's themes. As good as Zimmer's work on the Batman movies is, he ended up reusing a LOT of music in the last two films as opposed to writing new stuff.

If this JL film is made, I would love to see an opening credits overture where the new composer weaves Zimmer's themes in with his/her new theme for the film.

If this happens it won't be just copying Marvel. It'll be potentially beating them at their own game. It's a major trump card.

Otherwise I agree. You can't come out with a weak shared universe with an unproven Batman. All or nothing. If this doesn't happen, I don't want to see a Justice League movie with a new Batman. Reboot Batman first. I want to be attached to whichever version of Batman they go with and have that anticipation leading up to his first meeting with Superman.

If this happens it won't be just copying Marvel. It'll be potentially beating them at their own game. It's a major trump card.

Otherwise I agree. You can't come out with a weak shared universe with an unproven Batman. All or nothing. If this doesn't happen, I don't want to see a Justice League movie with a new Batman. Reboot Batman first. I want to be attached to whichever version of Batman they go with and have that anticipation leading up to his first meeting with Superman.
I used to think differently. If JL is coming out in the next 2 to 3 years, i want it to be Bale. Actually i prefer it to be Bale regardless because he's my Batman thus far. But if they reboot this sucker, i want a Bat movie first and JL later.

It's complete turnaround from my thoughts last year but the more i watched Nolans trilogy as well as Batman Beyond animations, i just cant be bothered with a JL just yet.

This Bale news has brought the excitement back for Justice League.

I used to think differently. If JL is coming out in the next 2 to 3 years, i want it to be Bale. Actually i prefer it to be Bale regardless because he's my Batman thus far. But if they reboot this sucker, i want a Bat movie first and JL later.

It's complete turnaround from my thoughts last year but the more i watched Nolans trilogy as well as Batman Beyond animations, i just cant be bothered with a JL just yet.

You know, I'd have to agree. I was hyped as hell over this movie several months ago, but up until this news, I was becoming convinced it was never going to happen. And if it did, it would just serve to ruin the MOS franchise.

But this has given me hope.

No, I agree. I'm basically saying that now that this Bale idea has spread like wildfire, launching rebooted Batman in a Justice League just isn't gonna cut it.

So if the Bale thing turns out to be completely false I don't think they should even bother doing a shared universe just yet. Focus on the solo franchises and worry about it down the line.

But they have an opportunity to capitalize on something NOW, and it's obvious.

No, I agree. I'm basically saying that now that this Bale idea has spread like wildfire, launching rebooted Batman in a Justice League just isn't gonna cut it.

So if the Bale thing turns out to be completely false I don't think they should even bother doing a shared universe just yet. Focus on the solo franchises and worry about it down the line.

But they have an opportunity to capitalize on something NOW, and it's obvious.
Im worrying about that. Because it IS spreading like crazy. It's like Inception LOL, once the idea is planted in the mind....boy oh boyyyy. It's just going to be dissapointing for a vast number of people if it's false.

Hey, if it's a reboot, there's some stories id like to see. Sure. But it's too much now. They should focus on MOS films and Bat solos and try to build the universe until the decade reaches a near-close. Then hit us with a Justice League. Maybe by then ill get excited for it. But right now, i think it's Bale/Nolan or forget it.

It's not news it's a rumor, and now we have a source saying that at least the Bale/Goyer part is false, which makes me think the whole thing is false.

Really Justice League is vapor ware. The closest we got was back in 2007, when they actually had people cast, but scrapped it because they pissed Nolan off. I will cut WB some slack on this one, because I believe LR just pulled this from an unreliable source.

I remember a rumor that started back when it was announced that Liam Neeson was cast in the Star Wars movies that he was going to be Bail Organa (Leah's adopted father). You can't believe everything you hear on the internet, and so far the falst rumors for JL have been off the charts.

Please God let the Bale thing be false. Don't get me wrong, I loved him as Bats. But his inclusion stops a reboot dead.

Justice League: Mortal was not scrapped because Nolan got annoyed. He wasn't annoyed by anything and didn't have anywhere near enough pull at WB to stop it from being made.

The film was cancelled after the tax breaks in Australia were lost, it was put on hiatus, Miller left and the project died.

It's not news it's a rumor, and now we have a source saying that at least the Bale/Goyer part is false, which makes me think the whole thing is false.

We won't know anything unless it's made official by the trades or studio, and that "source" may be lying.

There's no definitive answer right now.

The fact that it's taking so long for a confirmation is making it uneasy...for those who are wanting a reboot lol

Justice League: Mortal was not scrapped because Nolan got annoyed. He wasn't annoyed by anything and didn't have anywhere near enough pull at WB to stop it from being made.

The film was cancelled after the tax breaks in Australia were lost, it was put on hiatus, Miller left and the project died.

Yeah, he wasn't as powerful as he is now. But, I'd say Nolan was a factor too.

Pretty much everything was just working against JLM and it died. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if some things end up in whatever JL they eventually make much like some stuff from past Superman films in development ended up in SR and MOS.

The fact that it's taking so long for a confirmation is making it uneasy...for those who are wanting a reboot lol

I know huh? It's funny. Lol.

Those people who said to never trust Cosmic Book News are now reaching for anything to debunk El Mays Exclusive, and what Jett and Beaks said that backed up El Mays report.

Sheesh...

Last edited:
Yeah, he wasn't as powerful as he is now. But, I'd say Nolan was a factor too.

Pretty much everything was just working against JLM and it died. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if some things end up in whatever JL they eventually make much like some stuff from past Superman films in development ended up in SR and MOS.

Not gonna lie I was hella excited for JLM. Pretty bummed it was scrapped.

Not gonna lie I was hella excited for JLM. Pretty bummed it was scrapped.

I was too. I didn't have as much problems with it as many people did.

I'm still waiting for the day of more concept art to be leaked.

But I don't want him to have experienced all those as backstory. I would want to see that happen!

Sure, you could set the rebooted Batman film prior to the JL/World's Finest continuity, but again it's all just more confusing and convoluted stuff.

Compare that to Marvel's always forward moving universe (barring Captain America, which was decidedly a period piece) and it's just not as appealing or exciting.

All I'm saying is WB has a mess on their hands and right now the solution offered by El Mayimbe (even if it's TOTALLY bogus) is the first thing I've heard that actually makes sense as a way to clean everything up.

I feel either do it right, or don't do it at all. I'd be more than happy to just have MOS sequels with no crossover whatsoever. But if it must happen, why not have it be with THE 21st century Batman?

Would it be a contrivance? [YT]zbRpnn_myMM[/YT]

But the very IDEA of Superman and Batman being in the same world is a contrivance in the first place, based on the fact that they both originate from the same publishing company. Batman was originally meant to be its own thing that contrasts with Superman. It's the idea of putting two things together that don't quite belong that makes it such a tempting proposition in the first place.

Agreed and spot on.

I don't get El Mayimbe's thing with saying 'WB has to compete with Disney/Star Wars etc'. WB have been doing fine for decades and will continue to do so. Seriously, it's like people are trying to generate a pissing contest.

I was too. I didn't have as much problems with it as many people did.

I'm still waiting for the day of more concept art to be leaked.

I think it was the terrible casting that turned me off. Common playing John Stewart? Jay Baruchel as a villain? WTF was George Miller thinking?

The movie itself, script-wise and director-wise, seemed very solid though.

I know huh? It's funny. Lol.

Those people who said to never trust Cosmic Book News are now reaching for anything to debunk El Mays Exclusive, and what Jett and Beaks said that backed up El Mays report.

Sheesh...
A trashy site "debunks" a part of it, while we have 3 sources thus far saying it's true. So it's leaning on the TRUE side of the rumor right now. But i know one thing, if Nolan himself comes out tomorrow and says it's false then a lot of people on here will be saying "I told you so! it was horse****!". And it'll mean nothing cuz Nolan is a master at that, and he's trained everyone around him. Even Snyder is falling in line lately. I just know how this board reacts when they want something to be debunked, they jump on CBM's defense when most of us know how stupid that site is.

I think it was the terrible casting that turned me off. Common playing John Stewart? Jay Baruchel as a villain? WTF was George Miller thinking?

Oh it definitely sounded ridiculous, but that was part of its charm. Seriously, just thinking about it now gets me excited haha

I don't get El Mayimbe's thing with saying 'WB has to compete with Disney/Star Wars etc'. WB have been doing fine for decades and will continue to do so. Seriously, it's like people are trying to generate a pissing contest.

Seconded

The casting wasn't ideal for me, but I wasn't turned off that much by it as a whole. I'm pretty sure if it was announced that Bale and Routh (I guess) were involved, the idea of the film would've sat better with fans in general.

Yeah, just some changes here and there would've help. But, there was the writers strike, which helped it happen and die. :funny:

how do you know that the script was solid?
did you read it?

It was on the net a few years ago, but is hard to find now, a few of us wrote up a synopsis that was posted on 4chan and is now in the archives I believe.

The thing is, Jett mentioned that WB said "no comment" when asked about the rumor last week. You'd figure with a rumor this big, that WB would be quick to deflect it.

And no, I don't think CBM is credible enough to officially debunk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"