Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, do it just like how The Avengers explained who the characters were for people who were unfamilar.

Every character in the Avengers had a short explanation in the movie. They don't need to throw a long sequence in there.

Same thing for all the league members. (except Bats and Supes, they need no explanation/reminders at all)

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash with a hint at Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter....

You guys think WB would do something like that?

Again, do it just like how The Avengers explained who the characters were for people who were unfamilar.

They don't need to throw a long sequence in there.

I'm sure something brief makes sense if at all. I forget what they did with Mortal. Trying to pretend I never read it.

Nobody's saying there has to be an extended sequence, but you will need some kind of expository scenes to explain the guy's deal.

I don't think the assumption that everyone has seen and is familiar with your terrible bomb of a Green Lantern movie is a very sound strategy.

Also I would put forth that sticking a b-list character like Cyborg into your tentpole would be rather silly and a huge waste of resources.

It's not "my" Green Lantern movie, If I had made a GL movie, it would have been much different, I am merely suggesting what is the most straightforward scenario.

"The Incredible Hulk" movie was not exactly a box office success either, it made only 263 mil (lowest earner among all Avengers heroes.) but still Marvel Studios tied it up with the Avengers movie continuity.

Some people act like it was solely the solo movies that explained the characters in The Avengers.

But not everyone saw Thor and Captain America. The Avengers movie itself explained who the characters were.

Thus we got the Captain America montage in the beginning, the explanation of Asgard, Thor, "the demi-god", the explanation of Hulk on the plane, Stark's talk to Banner about the thing in the chest that keeps him alive, establishing Tony Stark's wealth/personality by having his first scene be in Stark Tower, etc.

Last edited:
"The Incredible Hulk" movie was not exactly a box office success either, it made only 263 mil (lowest earner among all Avengers heroes.) but still Marvel Studios tied it up with the Avengers movie continuity.

But they didn't tie in Ang Lee's Hulk to The Incredible Hulk. They 'soft' rebooted it.

That's a more applicable comparison i think.

But they didn't tie in Ang Lee's Hulk to The Incredible Hulk. They 'soft' rebooted it.

That's a more applicable comparison i think.

I don't think so as TIH was a movie made by Marvel Studios as a part of lead up to Avengers, remember the cameos by Nick Fury before the end credits scene ?

I don't think so as TIH was a movie made by Marvel Studios as a part of lead up to Avengers, remember the cameos by Nick Fury before the end credits scene ?

There's still no reason why they couldn't have continued where Ang Lee's HULK left off, getting Bana back, etc.

They chose to soft-reboot/recast it to start fresh. No reason to cling to what didn't work.

They can do the same thing with Green Lantern

If they make JL they are just going to use John Stewart :D .

There's still no reason why they couldn't have continued where Ang Lee's HULK left off, getting Bana back, etc.

They chose to soft-reboot/recast it to start fresh. No reason to cling to what didn't work.

They can do the same thing with Green Lantern

What you say would have made sense if not for the fact that both Hulk movies made about the same amount of money at B.O. Not much gained by Hulk reboot either. :p

TIH - 263 mil worldwide and Hulk 245 mil. worldwide.

I'm sure something brief makes sense if at all. I forget what they did with Mortal. Trying to pretend I never read it.

Wait a minute, I thought you liked the JL:M script. :huh:

And the production schedule of Interstellar... hmm, the movie won't start filming until late summer/early fall this year for that November 2014 date. There's a window of several months, leading up to and after MOS comes out, before Nolan is occupied with his next film.

I may be reading into it too much, but it'd odd considering it's a fall 2014 releases and not summer.

What you say would have made sense if not for the fact that both Hulk movies made about the same amount of money at B.O. Not much gained by Hulk reboot either. :p

TIH - 263 mil worldwide and Hulk 245 mil. worldwide.

Personally I agree, and I don't think they needed to re-cast/reboot (especially in hindsight since TIH wasn't very good either)

But clearly they rebooted/recast it for a reason (distancing from previous failure). I think from their reasoning, TIH still made more than HULK 2 would have.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, I thought you liked the JL:M script. :huh:

And the production schedule of Interstellar... hmm, the movie won't start filming until late summer/early fall this year for that November 2014 date. There's a window of several months, leading up to and after MOS comes out, before Nolan is occupied with his next film.

I may be reading into it too much, but it'd odd considering it's a fall 2014 releases and not summer.

I never said I liked the JLM script?

The original Mulroney's draft that made the black list and included the Routh Superman & Bale Batman was supposed to be good. The one I read, not.

I think you're reading too much into the Nolan press release.

All of this lengthy introductions for the Flash, Wonder Woman and anyone else can be solved by making JL into a trilogy. As I said before they either GO BIG OR GO HOME! With their tails between their legs! That summer is a killer in terms of the competition, so yeah, either they bet all in or fold. I think that's what they've got to do!

Another possible scenario in that Bat flying over the bay with Batman still inside is: He flew over one of his buildings and ejected. Then went inside a simulator that had exactly the same layout as the cockpit of the bat with monitors showing exactly what he'll see while remotely flying the bat out to sea. Explains seeing him in the cockpit over the bay and all the lighting from the sun. Remember he left the Bat on top of a roof top and nobody found it! That bit of the movie left me scratching my head a bit.

I never said I liked the JLM script?

The original Mulroney's draft that made the black list and included the Routh Superman & Bale Batman was supposed to be good. The one I read, not.

Oh. I wish that 'Black List' version was out, I'd love to read that. I'd like to see how that would've tied in the BB/TDK Batman with the Singer Superman...

Do you have a scoop ? :oldrazz:
No I'm just saying :D .

Listen, you need some diversity on this team. Bruce Timm understood that. The last Green Lantern movie with Hal Jordan failed.

Time to start anew. And to start anew you have to use John Stewart.

No I'm just saying :D .

Listen, you need some diversity on this team. Bruce Timm understood that. The last Green Lantern movie with Hal Jordan failed.

Time to start anew. And to start anew you have to use John Stewart.
Yup. I think it's time.

I agree that JL team needs diversity, inclusion of John Stewart can accomplish that, and if the plan is to have just five members in JL (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Flash) than that rules out Cyborg.

All of this lengthy introductions for the Flash, Wonder Woman and anyone else can be solved by making JL into a trilogy. As I said before they either GO BIG OR GO HOME! With their tails between their legs! That summer is a killer in terms of the competition, so yeah, either they bet all in or fold. I think that's what they've got to do!

That's all well and good except you're investing like 900 million dollars of someone elses money on an unproven franchise at that point, at minimum.

I can't help but feel that some people can't grasp a basic sense of realism here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"