Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would they actually title a Batman/Superman movie Justice League? Not so sure. Fans would be annoyed but it would still sell regardless. Maybe it would work if they actually introduce the other 3 in the last act of the movie. Physically showing them.

Yeah that's great.

If Brainiac is in it can to lead to a boom tube at the end of the film where Darkseid comes through.

Would they actually title a Batman/Superman movie Justice League? Not so sure. Fans would be annoyed but it would still sell regardless. Maybe it would work if they actually introduce the other 3 in the last act of the movie. Physically showing them.

Yeah that's great.

I think Man of Tomorrow is a great title personally. Especially if it referred to Lex, Superman, the advent of superhumans, etc.

I don't think the title has to have Batman/Superman in it. A trailer does more than enough to let people know. The name "Avengers", for example, doesn't tell anyone that it's Ironman, etc all meeting up.

If Brainiac is in it can to lead to a boom tube at the end of the film where Darkseid comes through.

I think they could have Braniac as the first JL villain. It could be a way to introduce/utilize Cyborg, and pave the way for Darkseid in a future film.

I think Man of Tomorrow is a great title personally. Especially if it referred to Lex, Superman, the advent of superhumans, etc.

I don't think the title has to have Batman/Superman in it. A trailer does more than enough to let people know. The name "Avengers", for example, doesn't tell anyone that it's Ironman, etc all meeting up.

Are we talking Man of Tomorrow part 1 or 2. Sorry I thought you meant For Tomorrow

Last edited:
I can care less if Robinov is gone. It's probably for good reason.

Wait where is it reported that he was fired?

Three people were in contention for the CEO job from the three divisions. He was one of them. He didn't get it, but he still has his job unless I missed something.

Definitely Lex I think. Bruce, having seen the news, doesn't want Blake to leave Gotham for an extended period of time and decides to suit-up (for disguise purposes, not to fight Superman, obviosuly) to work with a man named Lex Luthor to find a 'solution' to control the Superman, researching Kryptonite (infiltrating gov't facilties, using his badass stealth abilities/gadgets, not his body). Later he discovers that Lex has more 'extreme' intensions (to kill Superman. Something Bruce can't agree with, obviously).

I can see something like that working really well and I have had similiar ideas.

Blake battling in the streets of Gotham and perhaps Metropolis and doing detective work suited up as Nightwing of course, while Bruce is disguised up in stealth undercover mode trying to figure out what Luthor is up to.

Superman meanwhile can be battling Intergang and Metallo perhaps.

Braniac would be the one who provided Lex with advanced Kryptonian tech info and help him create Metallo?

Can we please stop talking about Blake Batman? His existence needs to be erased. ERASED.

... Carry on.

Can we please stop talking about Blake Batman? His existence needs to be erased. ERASED.

... Carry on.

Blake is not Batman dude.

He is Nightwing if anything and I think his character would be solid and JGL would be a kick ass Nightwing.

WTF does his character need to be erased? Because his name isn't Dick Grayson??

Give me a break. :doh:

... Carry on.

Well if we're talking Nolanverse, I don't think Bruce should be doing the fighting, given the state of his body. That's what Blake could be utilized for.

He is Nightwing if anything and I think his character would be solid and JGL would be a kick ass Nightwing.

I'd prefer it if Blake was Batman (even if Bruce suits up as Bats as well), simply because of the end of TDKR.

That beings said, if Blake and Bruce ever have to be in the public side by side, they wouldn't want people to realize that Batman is two people; It would degrade the symbol. Thus, Blake suggests that he 'upgrades' to Nightwing.

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea at all. But I think they'll be keeping Brainiac for Man Of Steel 2.

Man Of Tomorrow is fine but I think if they're going to name it something other than Batman/Superman, they should just go with "World's Finest".

You're right about Avengers. But that's still a big team-up movie with several superheroes. Like Justice League has its own name. When it's just Batman and Superman, WB might think it's necessary to show the people that it's ONLY Bats & Supes not other members.

I can see something like that working really well and I have had similiar ideas.

Blake battling in the streets of Gotham and perhaps Metropolis and doing detective work suited up as Nightwing of course, while Bruce is disguised up in stealth undercover mode trying to figure out what Luthor is up to.

Superman meanwhile can be battling Intergang and Metallo perhaps.

Braniac would be the one who provided Lex with advanced Kryptonian tech info and help him create Metallo?
JGL/Nightwing only if they don't decide to use Bale in a different universe.

I don't think they should bring Metallo into this. Too terminator esque or like a villainous Iron Man. I think Lex is a must for WF and certainly for a MOS sequel. Brainiac could work very well in a team-up as well but I would keep him as a Superman villain, exclusively.

Save Darkseid for Justice League.

I don't think they should use Joker in a WF movie. He shouldn't come back on the big screen for at least another decade. No one is in any rush to see a different take on the character. Braniac is solid. Wish they could bring in another Bat villain for a WF film though. There isn't a villain out there with the gravitas I feel to be in the mix against Batman. I'd be fine with Luthor alone, but for a muscle villain to take Supes head on, Braniac would suffice. Not sure who else would be a contender.

Wait where is it reported that he was fired?

Three people were in contention for the CEO job from the three divisions. He was one of them. He didn't get it, but he still has his job unless I missed something.

That's right, I think both guys still hold their current positions. But it would feel like a demotion almost, when you thought you were a shoe-in one rung up the ladder like that.

Last edited:
I feel like Lex's muscle could be Bizarro (they don't have to use that name obviously)

Perhaps he uses Bizarro to frame Superman, having him attack the public, etc, given the themes of the 'danger of Superman'.

Well if we're talking Nolanverse, I don't think Bruce should be doing the fighting, given the state of his body. That's what Blake could be utilized for.

I'd prefer it if Blake was Batman (even if Bruce suits up as Bats as well), simply because of the end of TDKR.

That beings said, if Blake and Bruce ever have to be in the public side by side, they wouldn't want people to realize that Batman is two people; It would degrade the symbol. Thus, Blake suggests that he 'upgrades' to Nightwing.

No no.

Blake would realize that he isn't and never be Batman and he would rather be his own hero.

A hero inspired by the symbolism, actions and than apparent death of Batman.

So he becomes Nightwing.

Simple, easy and it makes sense.

I feel like Lex's muscle could be Bizarro (they don't have to use that name obviously)

Perhaps he uses Bizarro to frame Superman, having him attack the public, etc, given the themes of the 'danger of Superman'.

I think Lex's muscle should be Intergang and Metallo at first with Braniac coming as the heavy possibly.

Bruce in disguise and in detective stealth mode for most of the film with Blake as Nightwing would deal with Intergang and Lex, while Supes would deal with Metallo or Braniac.

No no.

Blake would realize that he isn't and never be Batman and he would rather be his own hero.

So he becomes Nightwing.

Sure. But after he was Batman. ;)

I always thought the ending of TDKR is about Batman coming back despite his apparent death. It would be weird if Blake never fulfilled that.

If you want validity from the comics, Grayson became Batman when Bruce 'died' to keep the symbol alive. When Bruce returns, there's a brief period where they are both Batman (one in Gotham, the other frying bigger fish), and later Dick 'upgrades' from Batman to Nightwing. Same thing basically.

I always thought the ending of TDKR is about Batman coming back despite his apparent death. It would be weird if Blake never fulfilled that.

If you want validity from the comics, Grayson became Batman when Bruce 'died' to keep the symbol alive. When Bruce returns, there's a brief period where they are both Batman (one in Gotham, the other frying bigger fish), and later Dick 'upgrades' from Batman to Nightwing. Same thing basically.

I see what you're saying and once again that is the beauty of the open ended conclusion of TDKR.

Nolan ended that film brilliantly, so it would allow for so many different possibilities moving forward.

The "symbol" of Batman can still remain alive with his apparent death to save Gotham inspiring others to fight crime like Blake becoming Nightwing.

In the films reality, I think Blake would know he can't replace Bruce as the Batman.

No no.

So he becomes Nightwing.

icon14.gif
This is the way to go. Also Bruce needs him in Gotham when he's on the other end of the planet.

I know what you mean, but this is how you don't undo Blake's ending in TDKR while keeping him as Nightwing.

As long as there is a new Batman that "rises from the ashes, post-tdkr" I think it works out beautifully. Blake can still have "Batman" in his future, but he is Nightwing at the moment while Bruce "resurrects" as Batman. People see that Batman is immortal and this will scare the people of Gotham for ETERNITY. Because no matter what, 100 years down the line, they will know it's a possibility that the same Batman (who they'll look at as a superpowered being along with Superman) will return and crush them where they stand. Truly becoming more than just a man. A god almost.

Blake can still fulfill that and so can others, when Bruce is too old. But they can characterize Blake as a man who is still in training mode, keeping a watchful eye on Gotham. As his own hero. Like Dark Knight says. Whether he is geared up for Batman in the future or simply as Nightwing...Bruce's Batman will show the world that he has resurrected and that's some scary ****.

Now, I also like ur idea of Blake being Batman at the same time that Bruce is Batman elsewhere. It could be neat.

Blake IS Batman in the Nolanverse. His character needs to be erased because he's a half-assed Robin(who literally has that name) and people keep bringing him up as the guy who should be in Gotham while Bruce is off somewhere else as Batman. Gotham is Bruce's territory. If anything, Nightwing needs to be in Bludhaven.

Give me a break. :whatever:

A Bruce Wayne that can't fight is a Bruce Wayne that I don't want to see.

As long as there is a new Batman that "rises from the ashes, post-tdkr" I think it works out beautifully. Blake can still have "Batman" in his future, but he is Nightwing at the moment while Bruce "resurrects" as Batman. People see that Batman is immortal and this will scare the people of Gotham for ETERNITY. Because no matter what, 100 years down the line, they will know it's a possibility that the same Batman (who they'll look at as a superpowered being along with Superman) will return and crush them where they stand. Truly becoming more than just a man. A god almost.

Blake can still fulfill that and so can others, when Bruce is too old. But they can characterize Blake as a man who is still in training mode, keeping a watchful eye on Gotham. As his own hero. Like Dark Knight says. Whether he is geared up for Batman in the future or simply as Nightwing...Bruce's Batman will show the world that he has resurrected and that's some scary ****.

Now, I also like ur idea of Blake being Batman at the same time that Bruce is Batman elsewhere. It could be neat.

I get what you're saying too.

But Bruce completing the 'rise' of Batman by coincidence and unforeseen future complications is not what the ending of TDKR suggests. In no way did TDKR suggest that Bruce would be coming back to fulfill the rise of Batman. That's what Blake was there for.

It turns a previously resolved ending (which resolves in the last shot of the movie) into an unresolved ending and an unresolved trilogy.

Last edited:
He's not Batman in the Nolan-verse. Potentially Batman yes, but it's open ended to the point where he can be Nightwing, Batman or just a secret detective. It's up to the audience. There's no right answer. Bludhaven as of now, does not exist in the Nolan-verse, and since he's not Dick Grayson, I doubt it will ever exist.

I have no problem with "Robin" guarding Gotham while Bruce is out with the League. I dug the character and JGL so im good with it.

Bruce will be able to fight whether it's in continuity with TDKT or not. A few years later of rest, peace and surgeries, with higher tech suits and gadgets and u have yourself a fighting Bruce Wayne Batman.

I get what you're saying too.

But Bruce completing the 'rise' of Batman by coincidence and unforeseen future complications is not what the ending of TDKR suggests.
Just like TDK's ending doesn't suggest that Batman will retire for 8 years or that a Dent Act will wipe out organized crime. Things are added to the storyline to make it progress and work.

"Problems can become opportunities when the right TEAM comes together"

-Robert Redford

^^^
This quote is very true as far as WB's hiring Nolan, Goyer, Jonah and Snyder to develop a Worlds Finest and or Justice League films and letting Nolan and Syncopy godfather the DCU on film. :word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"