Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no bump in the road, Nolan and Bale were never going to do Justice League as a team.
I meant regarding WB's hopeful plans of what they wanted to occur.

The bump for them is Nolan not participating. So the road to JL will be changed and prolonged.

JL is most definitely being worked on. At the very least it's in a conceptual stage where they're planning the movies after MoS to get to JL. And I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bale and Nolan won't be involved in any capacity. Bank on it.

I meant regarding WB's hopeful plans of what they wanted to occur.

The bump for them is Nolan not participating. So the road to JL will be changed and prolonged.

I know what you meant, but I think Nolan made it clear years ago that he was moving on from being involved in Justice League. If they can change his mind, great.

So you're saying that you think WB isn't working on JL at all, in no shape or form?

I'm saying they really want a "team up" film, whether that be JL or Batman-Superman. I'm saying that Man Of Steel is the priority. That's what I know for a fact.

Anybody can come out anywhere and say "They are working on a Justice League!" It's like going outside everyday and saying it's going to rain, and then it does. Does that make you right?

I know what you meant, but I think Nolan made it clear years ago that he was moving on from being involved in Justice League. If they can change his mind, great.
For some reason, from the way he kept the talk about JL on the hush basis, he was going to be involved.

But as we deducted from the get go, WB wanted him involved....AND his TDKU.

He obviously wouldn't mind helping out JL and a rebooted Batman. But he seems adamant to draw the line at WB using his trilogy. Which is understandable.

For some reason, from the way he kept the talk about JL on the hush basis, he was going to be involved.

But as we deducted from the get go, WB wanted him involved....AND his TDKU.

He obviously wouldn't mind helping out JL and a rebooted Batman. But he seems adamant to draw the line at WB using his trilogy. Which is understandable.

I don't buy that, but anything is possible.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think sometimes we hear what we want to. We're all guilty of it. You hear a rumor you like, no matter how far fetched, "It must be true.". Same far fetched style rumor we don't like, "They're lying!"

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think sometimes we hear what we want to. We're all guilty of it. You hear a rumor you like, no matter how far fetched, "It must be true.". Same far fetched style rumor we don't like, "They're lying!"

This is exactly what I've been saying for months. Anyone who honestly believes there's a decent chance Nolan or Bale will return believes it simply because they want to, without really thinking it through.

Iron Man wasn't followed up by The Avengers, but Iron Man 2. Why anyone thought WB would forgo a Man of Steel sequel for Justice League is beyond me. Well... nerdgasming.

"It HAS to be true!"
"Why?"
"BECAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE!"

Any one else think that the best way now is a self contained Justice League?

To be honest, I have in the past scoffed at the idea of having multiple Supermans but making MoS self contained like how the TDK trilogy probably will now be, suddenly seems like a very good idea to me now.

I see no reason why he wouldn't, if MOS is anything to go on.

It's understandable him not wanting TDKT to be tampered with.

But why wouldn't he support a JL movie or a Batman reboot?

So if TDKT isn't reopened, then he might as well walk.

I'm saying they really want a "team up" film, whether that be JL or Batman-Superman. I'm saying that Man Of Steel is the priority. That's what I know for a fact.

Anybody can come out anywhere and say "They are working on a Justice League!" It's like going outside everyday and saying it's going to rain, and then it does. Does that make you right?
None of us have any way of genuinely knowing if they are trying to develop JL in some capacity. Of course this is all speculation, so personally, I think they are working on it in some capacity. Be it a script of some sort, or whatever else.

He may not have a problem with it, as long as his Batman stays away. Honestly, I think he just wants to distance himself from the genre, and do his own thing without having to be tied down.

He may not have a problem with it, as long as his Batman stays away. Honestly, I think he just wants to distance himself from the genre, and do his own thing without having to be tied down.

Exactly.

Regardless of how TDKT ended, maybe he just doesn't want to do this sort of work, having finished his trilogy and produced MOS.

He has other options, now, more than ever.

Doesn't anyone notice that Bruce Timm's hiatus from the producing animated movies comes really close to this revelation that team Nolan is not involved a little too coincidental? I know I'm "connecting the dots" a little prematurely, but what if Timm was the back-up plan? I mean just as a consult on how to make a shared universe work. Only on a producing capacity. A little too far fetched?

This is exactly what I've been saying for months. Anyone who honestly believes there's a decent chance Nolan or Bale will return believes it simply because they want to, without really thinking it through.

I'm with you.

Superman.png

I see no reason why he wouldn't, if MOS is anything to go on.

It's understandable him not wanting TDKT to be tampered with.

So if TDKT isn't reopened, then he might as well walk.

Maybe he just doesn't want to? That might be reason enough.

Guillermo Del Toro will undoubtedly be a target if Nolan departs, despite him saying he hasn't interest in JL.

The rumour was far fetched to begin with, but taking a step back, nobody thought Nolan would be writing a superman movie and cavill would be superman and snyder would be the director, yet here we are less than 3 months away from that film.

In fact two of those things you and Jamie said would never happen:oldrazz:

But I agree that it only makes sense that a superman sequel will go through if MOS is a hit. That said, if its only a mild success I think the team up rumours will start again.

Bottom line is DC films are not a priority for WB. Just upsetting when you see them dump 200 million on jack the giant slayer when you know a flash or ww film would have made more than that regardless of quality.

There was no bump in the road, Nolan and Bale were never going to do Justice League as a team.
JL? You could be right. When I think of it now, I don't think Bale or Nolan would be down with meshing their Batman with the likes of Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Darkseid, multiple sequels and possibly even Wonder Woman (I mention her because I can see them grounding her more). But a team-up in general? I know u didn't say that, but I think a Batman/Superman was DEFINITELY discussed. That would make WB clearly stupid if they didn't.

There were negotiations, but im thinking it had more to do with World's Finest and perhaps WB needed more out of Batman so nothing came out of it.

The rumour was far fetched to begin with, but taking a step back, nobody thought Nolan would be writing a superman movie and cavill would be superman and snyder would be the director, yet here we are less than 3 months away from that film.

In fact two of those things you and Jamie said would never happen:oldrazz:

But I agree that it only makes sense that a superman sequel will go through if MOS is a hit. That said, if its only a mild success I think the team up rumours will start again.

Bottom line is DC films are not a priority for WB. Just upsetting when you see them dump 200 million on jack the giant slayer when you know a flash or ww film would have made more than that regardless of quality.

I definitely said Cavill would never be Superman, but I didn't remember the Snyder thing. I'll take your word for it.

I don't remember writing articles and going on Podcasts saying Cavill would never be Superman though, that was just forum talk.

Nobody thought Abrams was doing Star Wars either, but the exceptions to the rules can't become the rules. Anything CAN certainly happen, but it's all about timing. If Nolan does Justice League 10 years from now and Bale comes back, it doesn't mean the report was right. There needs to be perspective on timing.

I definitely said Cavill would never be Superman, but I didn't remember the Snyder thing. I'll take your word for it.

I don't remember writing articles and going on Podcasts saying Cavill would never be Superman though, that was just forum talk.

I know I'm just joking, you guys never go ahead and make it news stories.

For me, with all these rumours, you have to start with WB themselves not really knowing what they want. If they aren't sure of what they want, you are going to hear different things from one month to the next. So sure, maybe they were looking to get Nolan and Bale and it was just a discussion, but it could have been just that.

I mean you would have to think it almost crazy if they didn't even think about it.

Nobody thought Abrams was doing Star Wars either, but the exceptions to the rules can't become the rules. Anything CAN certainly happen, but it's all about timing. If Nolan does Justice League 10 years from now and Bale comes back, it doesn't mean the report was right. There needs to be perspective on timing.

The only thing is in hollywood are there really "rules" anymore when it comes to the media. Maybe back when AICN first started and studios were new to the whole game, but that was a long time ago when the internet was like the wild west. Things have changed drastically, you can even see it when actors lie about things which rarely happened before. Now they almost have to in order to keep plot details from getting out there or are even in negotiations for a role.

Plus you have websites like comic book movie that post any blurb as a story. Everything that is said or done is scrutinized.

Well it WOULD be sweet if Bruce Timm was the backup plan for development. If I may conjecture a wee bit, imagine that GDT's recent comment about possibly not being director on Dark Universe was because he's being pursued for the eventual JL. I know, I know, but it's all conjecture at this point. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"