Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not understand what Showtime is saying here. No JL movie was ever part of the equation? Really? So there was never a script by Will Beall or plan for release in 2015? It was always just MOS 2? Why did the trades report otherwise. I really don;t mean to be snarky but I'm getting burned out with all these insiders claiming this or that or that "they knew this along." The whole thing is getting old.

I really do not understand what Showtime is saying here. No JL movie was ever part of the equation? Really? So there was never a script by Will Beall or plan for release in 2015? It was always just MOS 2? Why did the trades report otherwise. I really don;t mean to be snarky but I'm getting burned out with all these insiders claiming this or that or that "they knew this along." The whole thing is getting old.

The way I see it, MOS 2 is just the logical conclusion if MOS is a hit. At the end of the day, WB can commission multiple scripts and have either project ready to go.

JL is obviously the more risky endeavor and WB stand more to lose should it flop. Especially due to the fact that they may not be using the batman to their billion dollar franchise. It would be like going ahead with avengers without Downey's Iron Man.

You don't really need to be an "insider" to realize at this point, we will not be hearing anything concrete until MOS comes out. Best just to enjoy that movie for the time being.

I don't think the LA Times was making s**t up when they first reported the 2015 thing. Maybe something changed, but I do think WB was and/or is planning something for JL. I feel your pain though, man. Let's just wait until after MoS and Comic-Con before we lose complete hope.

I'm just tired of waiting. It's been years that WB has claimed to have a plan that they were going to release. After the Avengers it seemed a sure thing for them to FINALLY get something concrete. But no, here we are again same old, same old. I would tell myself to wait and see after MOS hits too, but I've been rationalizing that way for years. I think I'm done for a little while.

Timeline (latest version):

(A) -> Best sources (well-known trades like The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, Variety)
(a) -> Other great sources (other trades, magazines, newspapers, newswires, reliable persons like Geoff Boucher)

March 10, 2010
(a) Christopher Nolan takes flight with Superman: ‘We have a fantastic story’ [UPDATED]
June 4, 2010
(a) Christopher Nolan on Batman and Superman
March 29, 2011
(a) Justice League, the movie? Warner chief sets sights on team-up film and ‘reinventing’ Batman
June 5, 2012
(A) Beall writing 'Justice League' for Warner Bros.
July 9, 2012
(a) Christopher Nolan says no to 'Justice League' film
November 26, 2012
Exclusive: Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt already set to play Batman in 'Justice League'?
November 28, 2012
(a) Christopher Nolan Says 'The Dark Knight Rises' Is "The End Of The Batman Story" He Wanted To Tell
December 12, 2012
Batman Cameo Rumors Bring Cheshire Smile To Christopher Nolan's Face At Hugh Jackman Salute
December 15, 2012
(a) Jonathan Nolan On Constructing The Dark Knight Rises, Robin, Justice League And What’s Next...
December 27, 2012
(A) "The prospect of shepherding Warners’ promised Justice League film holds no allure. 'I want to direct another movie before too long, probably ’cause I get bored very easily,' Nolan says. 'But I’ll take my time in figuring out what it is. I know I’m done with Batman.'"
January 28, 2013
(A) "...and a 'Justice League' film wouldn't likely be in theaters before 2015, as Warner's top brass has indicated that they are awaiting the results of "Man of Steel," which opens June 14, before moving further ahead."
February 7, 2013
JUSTICE LEAGUE May Be Looking For New Writers
March 3, 2013
EXCLUSIVE: The DCU Takeover & HUGE Developments on ‘Justice League’
March 5, 2013
SCOOP: Nolan In, Bale Out Of JUSTICE LEAGUE (Google it)
April 4, 2013
Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale may not return for ‘Justice League’ after all

Last edited:
Yes reading that...it was never likely with Nolan and Bale.

I like the notion of WB coming back to Nolan in 6-8 years to revisit the genre. Look at what Fox is scrapping together with the new X-Men movie. I'd like to see a mid 40's Bale take up the mantle one more time, or perhaps a couple more times, after he plays his hand in other once in a lifetime projects. You can't stay young forever and commit to one role in your prime. Besides, 50 is the new 30. You look at all the big time names and action heroes, 40 is about as young as they come. People want to see the proven veterans for these massive movies, not the upstarts. You look at these major blockbusters, and you got veteran acting talent all across the board, unless the script demands something different. I think it has an even greater impact if they wait a few more years. I don't think WB can wait on Bale and Nolan's blessings for too long though. By 2018 latest. A WF movie, and perhaps a Justice League movie in 2021.

I'm just tired of waiting. It's been years that WB has claimed to have a plan that they were going to release. After the Avengers it seemed a sure thing for them to FINALLY get something concrete. But no, here we are again same old, same old. I would tell myself to wait and see after MOS hits too, but I've been rationalizing that way for years. I think I'm done for a little while.

Had Green Lantern actually been a modest to successful film, things would have honestly been different. They had scripts for the flash and GL2 ready. Successful films usually lead to progress behind the scenes. Unfortunately, GL was not only a box office failure, but it got slaughtered by reviews as well.

Yes reading that...it was never likely with Nolan and Bale.

It was always a long shot on WB's part.

We have to keep in mind that the original EL May report said that the whole Nolan inc handling the DCU of film was what WB wanted to do, and not what was agreed to or set in stone with Nolan inc.

Three more months and Comic Con. I hope MOS isn't "isolated" like TDKT, it would be a wasted opportunity.

Did you guys watch the Arrow episode where Dinah Lance said she was going back to Central city and said she'd ".. be there in a flash." I know they won't follow it up but at last they're trying not to isolate/insulate their show!

Hello.

I never said that WB was never actually making a JL movie, I said this phantom JL version with Nolan and Bale attached never existed. I think I was pretty clear about what I was referring too. I also said that Man Of Steel & a possible sequel is the priority, I didn't say that Justice League was never going be talked about again.

Also, I did know this all along, I have been saying it since the news broke, I posted twitter posts from up to a week before the latest "news" broke that now there was no Bale and Nolan...after there supposedly was.

When there are reports that a script is tossed and new writers are being looked at, I think that is a pretty good indication that there is an issue with the project. So WB is probably having other drafts written or waiting for Superman.

Last edited:
Three more months and Comic Con. I hope MOS isn't "isolated" like TDKT, it would be a wasted opportunity.

Did you guys watch the Arrow episode where Dinah Lance said she was going back to Central city and said she'd ".. be there in a flash." I know they won't follow it up but at last they're trying not to isolate/insulate their show!
I find those references really corny. It's distracting. I had no problem with TDKT being isolated while it was happening and I feel the same for each upcoming Man Of Steel movie.

Now that Nolans Batman solo films are over, I had no problem with that version of Batman existing with superheroes outside of Gotham for a team-up or two. But im glad there was no hints at Super for instance. And even if Batman is rebooted, Superman should have 2 to 3 films where it's not connected to anything else during that time. This wont happen, but I have no problem with it.

If you do a solo film, they shouldn't bother with the wink winks. It's something I found stupid in Marvels movies. You're either doing the movie for the character or doing it as a vehicle to introduce other characters from your line of comics. The latter sounds corny to me. Even if I have suggested it for fun (like an Atlantis reference in WW).

There's no reason why they cant have individual films for 4 or 5 of the league members in an isolated fashion. Then use a post-credit scene or two (not every single time) to link the characters together. Post-credits are fine because it doesn't interfere with the actual film and doesn't distract you from the plot. Chances are, a fanboy will only get these little nods anyway during a movie, and that's another reason why I think it's silly.

Too much fan service.

^ Your alone

Winks are awesome. A connected universe is awesome.

Winks are great. But People overstate their importance. They're not essential for establishing a shared universe like people seem to think. I'm sick of people calling the guys at Marvel 'geniuses' for easter eggs; calling it an 'intricate' carefully planned web, etc.

Also I'm not a fan when theyre intrusive or out of the blue. Nick Fury showing up at the end of Captain America was really out of place and bizarre.

I can just imagine audiences (who don't know about Nick Fury) just thinking "......wait....who was that eyepatch guy at the end? Why is that in the movie? What a crappy ending"

We don't speculate on something so simplistic :oldrazz:

Touche'

I know I'm just joking, you guys never go ahead and make it news stories.

For me, with all these rumours, you have to start with WB themselves not really knowing what they want. If they aren't sure of what they want, you are going to hear different things from one month to the next. So sure, maybe they were looking to get Nolan and Bale and it was just a discussion, but it could have been just that.

I mean you would have to think it almost crazy if they didn't even think about it.

Studios think about a lot of things. I think they've gone round and round with their heroes.

The only thing is in hollywood are there really "rules" anymore when it comes to the media. Maybe back when AICN first started and studios were new to the whole game, but that was a long time ago when the internet was like the wild west. Things have changed drastically, you can even see it when actors lie about things which rarely happened before. Now they almost have to in order to keep plot details from getting out there or are even in negotiations for a role.

Plus you have websites like comic book movie that post any blurb as a story. Everything that is said or done is scrutinized.

Well the best approach now is to work with the studios not against them.

Well it WOULD be sweet if Bruce Timm was the backup plan for development. If I may conjecture a wee bit, imagine that GDT's recent comment about possibly not being director on Dark Universe was because he's being pursued for the eventual JL. I know, I know, but it's all conjecture at this point. :-)

After the Johns debacle, I doubt it.

Hello.

I never said that WB was never actually making a JL movie, I said this phantom JL version with Nolan and Bale attached never existed. I think I was pretty clear about what I was referring too. I also said that Man Of Steel & a possible sequel is the priority, I didn't say that Justice League was never going be talked about again.

Also, I did know this all along, I have been saying it since the news broke, I posted twitter posts from up to a week before the latest "news" broke that now there was no Bale and Nolan...after there supposedly was.

When there are reports that a script is tossed and new writers are being looked at, I think that is a pretty good indication that there is an issue with the project. So WB is probably having other drafts written or waiting for Superman.

People always read what they want to read. Doesn't matter what we write...they will read it their way.

People always read what they want to read. Doesn't matter what we write...they will read it their way.

Truth. I guess I have been guilty of it time and time again myself. :csad:

I find those references really corny. It's distracting. I had no problem with TDKT being isolated while it was happening and I feel the same for each upcoming Man Of Steel movie.

Now that Nolans Batman solo films are over, I had no problem with that version of Batman existing with superheroes outside of Gotham for a team-up or two. But im glad there was no hints at Super for instance. And even if Batman is rebooted, Superman should have 2 to 3 films where it's not connected to anything else during that time. This wont happen, but I have no problem with it.

If you do a solo film, they shouldn't bother with the wink winks. It's something I found stupid in Marvels movies. You're either doing the movie for the character or doing it as a vehicle to introduce other characters from your line of comics. The latter sounds corny to me. Even if I have suggested it for fun (like an Atlantis reference in WW).

There's no reason why they cant have individual films for 4 or 5 of the league members in an isolated fashion. Then use a post-credit scene or two (not every single time) to link the characters together. Post-credits are fine because it doesn't interfere with the actual film and doesn't distract you from the plot. Chances are, a fanboy will only get these little nods anyway during a movie, and that's another reason why I think it's silly.

Too much fan service.

Only us fanboys will notice it. The GA won't so why not?:yay:

^ Your alone

Winks are awesome. A connected universe is awesome.
So be it. Connected universes are cool, winks not so much. Maybe after a movie, but stupid fan service is not my cup of tea.

Winks are great. But People overstate their importance. They're not essential for establishing a shared universe like people seem to think. I'm sick of people calling the guys at Marvel 'geniuses' for easter eggs; calling it an 'intricate' carefully planned web, etc.

Also I'm not a fan when theyre intrusive or out of the blue. Nick Fury showing up at the end of Captain America was really out of place and bizarre.

I can just imagine audiences (who don't know about Nick Fury) just thinking "......wait....who was that eyepatch guy at the end? Why is that in the movie? What a crappy ending"
It's more like 'Why the heck is Sam Jackson in this movie? hahaha". That's more like the reaction.

Corny as hell in my opinion. It's like they cant figure out a proper ending to the film so they tack that on. It makes the movie feel like a 2 hour trailer to a future film that's being planned, instead of a film that stands on its own no matter when you play it in ur lifetime.

Post credits are cool because there's always going to be people who never wait to see it. They miss it entirely. Some see it and a cool bonus to them yet it doesn't interfere with the actual movie which is great, and the fans who wait for it..they get really excited for a sequel. It's a different thing.

If nothing official is announced for JL in 2015 after MoS or Comic-Con, I'm pulling Justice League off of my signature. If that is the case, then hopefully another DC movie is in its place for 2015.

You make it sound line you have to sign off on it before it becomes a project. Are you Kevin Tsujihara or something?

What the hell is everyone's obsession with thinking WB doesn't have any plans with their films? Like somehow they need to remain 'relevant' - what the **** does that even mean? Warner Bros aren't going anywhere. Seriously, some of you have got so much Marvel envy it's not funny. I get it, you want Flash, WW, JL, Aquaman, WF films, I want them too, but you're justification for saying why WB needs to make them is frankly absurd and smacks of pure fanboy talk. WB doesn't need superheroes - FACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"