Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latino Review is wrong again.

And yet why do people still listen to this guy?

"It would mess up the continuity with Nolan's Batman films."

Gee you ****ing think?! This is what I've been saying for like two months!

I don't know if you can prove that they were wrong. They did say that they were in talks to get Bale and Nolan on board. Now he is saying that they couldn't come up with an agreement. It doesn't even mean that it is over yet nor that the negotiations never took place.

Last edited:
What ****ing clock? The superhero popularity clock? I agree the superhero fad will eventually fade, but WB are in a better position than others due to their stable of heroes at their disposal.

This arguement I'll never understand, especially since in 77 Superman made money, then in 89 batman made a fortune, then in the 2000's there was spider-man and the current boom.

Those years to me show they've been around for a little over 35 years in cinema.

If anything, when superhero films are done well, they generate a lot of money. With the advancement of fx they can take on various properties that years ago they would never have dreamed of touching.

If Bond has neen going for the last 50 years, and gotten more successful as time passed. ..I can't see any argument in superhero movies failing. ...when they haven't In the last 40 plus years.

Studio loves the buzz they are getting for Man Of Steel, loves the film, and they want to make another one asap. Whether that is 2015 or 2016 I don't know. Again, not saying they don't want a team up movie, but guys, stop believing everything you hear and use some logic.

Whichever film goes into production first, MOS 2 or JL, it'll probably be a 2015 release. WB has no release dates staked out for 2015 now, until MOS comes out.

I'm sorry, guy, but I don't know any other way to interpret this. I don't see how it makes me sound like an ash to ask you a question. You didn't answer my question either.
I have JL as one of the movies for 2015 because that is/was when I thought it would come out. I'm saying that if I don't hear anything official about JL by Comic-Con, I would take JL off of my sig as one of the 2015 movies because at that point I've lost hope of the movie making 2015. However, if another DC movie is announced at CC instead, that would replace JL in my sig. I in no way implied that I was "calling the shots". Because if I could call the shots, JL would make 2015. Understand now?

Last edited:
Mos 2013
Mos2 2015
Mos 3 2017
Ask bale again, if yes, Jl 2019

If not, Batman reboot 2018, and Jl 2020 (assuming Snyder doesn't kill off cavill Supes in mos3)

Last edited:
No, when the genre goes down so will they, Just like it did in the 1940's and just like it did in the 1990's. Remember, It took a good 15 years before they made another Superman film after "Superman 4" and another 7 after "Batman and Robin". The genre can die down and to not even attempt to compete when it is at its high is nothing other than a missed opportunity. I want to think that whats going on now at the WB is all about greed amongst the producers. One camp want Justice League controlled under the the Man of Steel franchise, while the other wants to see it as it's own separate franchise (the former camp is using their properties as leverage to have their way). I think that Justice League, although riskier, could stand on it's own with its version of Superman and Batman. Of course that could directly compete with the other franchises, but at least it won't be a "one and done" film.

Oh bull ****. WB was trying to get Superman back on screen before Returns came about, so don't make out like they just sat on their arse for 15 years. Even after the BS that was Batman and Robin the studio was trying to make another Batman movie. The point is Superman and Batman have been and will always be valuable properties for WB and as such will be able to withstand the genre going south. Same goes for Spider-Man for Sony, those are properties that are invulnerable to any dip in the superhero genre because of their pop culture status. Captain America, Green Lantern, Thor, etc, they're not characters that you can bank on (yet) as being a long term draw for people.

I don't know if you can prove that they were wrong. They did say that they were in talks to get Bale and Nolan on board. Now he is saying that they couldn't come up with an agreement. It doesn't even mean that it is over yet nor that the negotiations never took place.

In other words, the story is constantly changing so they cannot be believed or taken seriously because their scoops have no credibility.

Of course they need support from Bats and Supes, that's what I'm talking about. If/when the superhero trend dies down those two characters will be able withstand the fall, Spider-man is the other, maybe Iron Man too depending on how the character is recieved post RDJ. So with those two aces up their sleeve WB are in a better position to continue making superhero movies when the golden period comes to an eventual end.

jmc has been speaking the gospel of truth all day long people. Heed his word.

This arguement I'll never understand, especially since in 77 Superman made money, then in 89 batman made a fortune, then in the 2000's there was spider-man and the current boom.

Those years to me show they've been around for a little over 35 years in cinema.

If anything, when superhero films are done well, they generate a lot of money. With the advancement of fx they can take on various properties that years ago they would never have dreamed of touching.

He's talking about the rate at which we're receiving all these films in this genre at the moment. We're getting damn near four a year, thanks to Marvel. That's a lot. It didn't use to be that way. Hence the fatigue factor possibly setting in soon.

It's purely the number of movies being made. We've had 12 films come out in 3 years, that's a crap load, I think another 3 are coming out next year. We're reaching a point of over-saturation that is potentially going to suffocate the genre. People say now's the time for WB to strike, I actually think the opposite, I think WB needs to ride out the storm and wait for the right time.

I don't mind waiting. ..I just hope a piano don't drop on my head in that time!

Bale's had his chance, it would be great to get him back but if he's not doing it, just go with someone new.....Matt Bomer for example :funny:

I know he cant really compete with Bale but I think he'd do well if given the role :)

I didn't really get anyone's thoughts on this.

Any one else think that the best way now is a self contained Justice League?

To be honest, I have in the past scoffed at the idea of having multiple Supermans but making MoS self contained like how the TDK trilogy probably will now be, suddenly seems like a very good idea to me now.

In other words, the story is constantly changing so they cannot be believed or taken seriously because their scoops have no credibility.

Fair enough, but that it is why it was known as rumor and/or speculation.

I didn't really get anyone's thoughts on this.

Any one else think that the best way now is a self contained Justice League?

To be honest, I have in the past scoffed at the idea of having multiple Supermans but making MoS self contained like how the TDK trilogy probably will now be, suddenly seems like a very good idea to me now.

If it came down to one party wanting Justice League to be a sequel to Man of Steel as in belonging to that franchise, then my concern would be that it would be come a "one and done" deal. If there were some assurance that it would spin off into its own franchise with the same actors in the roles, then I would be all for that, but otherwise, no. There should be no reason why DC Entertainment couldn't have the same type of shared universe like Marvel has with the properties that they clearly control through their studio so it makes no sense to me that Justice League should be self contained. People want to see their favorite actors play in their roles on the same screen together. That's is why Marvel's "Avengers" was a hit as well as the "Ocean's" and the soon to be "Expendables" franchises got multiple sequels.

They're not wrong. They were in talks like he said, then it fell through.

I don't think he is, I think you're relying on the unreliable.

Oh look, you completely misinterpreted what I said and made yourself sound like an ash. That's a first. :whatever:

I'm sorry, guy, but I don't know any other way to interpret this. I don't see how it makes me sound like an ash to ask you a question. You didn't answer my question either.

Pump the brakes you two.

Whichever film goes into production first, MOS 2 or JL, it'll probably be a 2015 release. WB has no release dates staked out for 2015 now, until MOS comes out.

Probably is the key word.

So, you are saying a self contained Justice League can't have a franchise of it's own?

Shared universes are cool. But I'm starting to feel that they aren't the "be all, end all" people are making it out to be!

Also, Showtime, this is the right thread to discuss this, isn't it? There isn't really a general discussion thread, which would be a little bit of overkill anyway!

Last edited:
So, you are saying a self contained Justice League can't have a franchise of it's own?

Shared universes are cool. But I'm starting to feel that they aren't the "be all, end all" people are making it out to be!

I am saying if you do it that way people are going to criticize it for not using Henry Cavil or whomever is going to play Bruce in the next Batman film. As it is right now people are comparing DC films to Marvel and how the latter party's films are so superior. If they are not in the least trying to do something similar (not necessarily having solo films and then one big team up, but rather the shared universe) then it could spell doom for that franchise. To avoid such criticism and even out and out protest, Justice League should, if at all possible, be in a shared universe with actors who will someday play in their own solo films in the near future.

You can have the same actors but just in a different universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"