Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
a self contained jl only makes sense if you're waiting on the mos arc/trilogy/whatever to finish. otherwise, what's the point?

if people are gonna complain about a new batman they'll probably complain about the fact that they'll be two supermen.

personally, i don't think making a jl directly post mos 2 (since jl is expected in 2015, I'd imagine a mos sequel that very year) would be all that difficult anyway. you could probably even do a world's finest instead of mos 2 and you'd have the two lead characters to carry the jl film.

That would be very confusing.

Not if the story doesn't contradict anything from the other franchises but doesn't acknowledge anything either.

Most importantly, I think we need to train the viewers first by establishing when something is in a different continuity. Once that is done, it shouldn't be a problem IMO.

He's talking about the rate at which we're receiving all these films in this genre at the moment. We're getting damn near four a year, thanks to Marvel. That's a lot. It didn't use to be that way. Hence the fatigue factor possibly setting in soon.

Thank you kind sir!

It's purely the number of movies being made. We've had 12 films come out in 3 years, that's a crap load, I think another 3 are coming out next year. We're reaching a point of over-saturation that is potentially going to suffocate the genre. People say now's the time for WB to strike, I actually think the opposite, I think WB needs to ride out the storm and wait for the right time.

That's a good option. But Marvel and DC/WB are not the only studios that are developing comic book properties. I mean they're making another TMNT movie for chrisakes! Other studios are trying to develop their own franchises. I think Millar is writing movie treatments instead of comics!

If Bond has neen going for the last 50 years, and gotten more successful as time passed. ..I can't see any argument in superhero movies failing. ...when they haven't In the last 40 plus years.

Problem with this is Bond never had this much competition. Asides from Bourne, Bond had it easy having the spy genre all to itself!

Any one else think that the best way now is a self contained Justice League?

To be honest, I have in the past scoffed at the idea of having multiple Supermans but making MoS self contained like how the TDK trilogy probably will now be, suddenly seems like a very good idea to me now.

Thinking about it, Marvel might have to reboot all their franchises after Avengers 3! (except Fox) Which means what? They'll have to refrain from making movies for a while for their higher profile properties? (Avenger, Iron Man, Thor) and make B-list character movies (Ant Man, Doctor Strange). So it is a strategy that has to be considered! Rebooting an entire cinematic universe will be a pain!

That being said, you can't deny the draw of a shared universe. Its just plain awesome!:cool:

Last edited:
I am saying if you do it that way people are going to criticize it for not using Henry Cavil or whomever is going to play Bruce in the next Batman film. As it is right now people are comparing DC films to Marvel and how the latter party's films are so superior. If they are not in the least trying to do something similar (not necessarily having solo films and then one big team up, but rather the shared universe) then it could spell doom for that franchise. To avoid such criticism and even out and out protest, Justice League should, if at all possible, be in a shared universe with actors who will someday play in their own solo films in the near future.

I get where you are coming from.

I just think, post MoS, looking at the self contained option isn't a bad idea. I mean, it shouldn't be done as shabbily as JL:M. Have a proper thought process behind it. If people are DIVIDED on including the TDK trilogy in JL, I can see people being divided on MoS being included in the JL trilogy, especially if there is no sign of any other superhero on the horizon in MoS.

Why not just let MoS trilogy be its own thing too?

Because seeing actors come toegether is exciting, its what the competition is doing, and anythingelse would be a dissapoinment to GAs

There is no competition except within these forum walls. WB need to do what's best for them, that's why GL was such a fiasco, they were trying to make an Iron Man movie not a Green Lantern film.

Yeah, hearing they have to do something because that is what the "competition" is doing is the most irritating thing ever!

it is competition but not for the reasons most fans would think. mickey is making a **** load of money and and I'm sure bugs wants in on it.

I get where you are coming from.

I just think, post MoS, looking at the self contained option isn't a bad idea. I mean, it shouldn't be done as shabbily as JL:M. Have a proper thought process behind it. If people are DIVIDED on including the TDK trilogy in JL, I can see people being divided on MoS being included in the JL trilogy, especially if there is no sign of any other superhero on the horizon in MoS.

Why not just let MoS trilogy be its own thing too?

I don't think any idea is a bad idea until it goes into fruition, but basing it on what has already transpired and what has worked, I think you are going to want to go with a shared universe in some way. Justice League in it self can be a franchise that has it's own storyline, directors, and producers, but there should be some sense of a continuity and a shared universe since it is working for Marvel right now. Unless you want to abandon the Superman and Batman franchises until the Justice League franchise is run its course or vice versa I think you want to do it that way (the shared universe). I would even go as far as to say that if there was a director or a producer that wasn't on board with that philosophy, then they can take a hike.

ЯɘvlveR;25529549 said:
it is competition but not for the reasons most fans would think. mickey is making a **** load of money and and I'm sure bugs wants in on it.

Well I am not too sure about that since they are laying off and reorganizing as a cost cutting measure. If the money were that good, they wouldn't have to go through that.

Well I am not too sure about that since they are laying off and reorganizing as a cost cutting measure. If the money were that good, they wouldn't have to go through that.

was about to mention this

There is no competition except within these forum walls. WB need to do what's best for them, that's why GL was such a fiasco, they were trying to make an Iron Man movie not a Green Lantern film.

Don't get it twisted. There is competition amongst the studios (the WB, Fox, Paramount, and Disney) and the comic book properties figure into it too. Sure, the Warners need and will do what is best for them, but that doesn't mean that they aren't looking at the competition and are trying to strategise in order to maintain or gain ground on their market share.

So, you are saying a self contained Justice League can't have a franchise of it's own?

Shared universes are cool. But I'm starting to feel that they aren't the "be all, end all" people are making it out to be!

Also, Showtime, this is the right thread to discuss this, isn't it? There isn't really a general discussion thread, which would be a little bit of overkill anyway!

Fine to talk about it in here. I think there can be two versions of a hero on screen, but I am not sure if they will go to that well again. Keep in mind they were close to having that happen with JLM.

How much has Showtime said that turned out to be true..... ? why are we supposed to believe this...Honestly. I don't believe anything I hear about this movie

Fine to talk about it in here. I think there can be two versions of a hero on screen, but I am not sure if they will go to that well again. Keep in mind they were close to having that happen with JLM.

The last time that did happened if I can recall was with James Bond back in 1983. Both "Never Say Never" and "Octopussy" did relatively well at the box office considering their budgets, but the did in a way compete against each other because they were produced by two different studios.

The last time that did happened if I can recall was with James Bond back in 1983. Both "Never Say Never" and "Octopussy" did relatively well at the box office considering their budgets, but the did in a way compete against each other because they were produced by two different studios.

um..wasnt their two Snow Whites on the screen a few years ago?

So another DC movie and JL can be released in the same year?

"Never Say Never" is a Justin freakin Beiber song! Don't you dare mention that in here!

um..wasnt their two Snow Whites on the screen a few years ago?

And two Thors, but I said last time I remember (the two Bond films were ones I actually saw).

I don't know guys, I'm about to give up on this altogether.

I'll just wait for MOS and Flashpoint and call it a year. :/

Don't get it twisted. There is competition amongst the studios (the WB, Fox, Paramount, and Disney) and the comic book properties figure into it too. Sure, the Warners need and will do what is best for them, but that doesn't mean that they aren't looking at the competition and are trying to strategise in order to maintain or gain ground on their market share.

If Warners were so worried about what the 'competition' are doing we'd have a DC universe on film. The last time they saw what the 'competition' did we got Green Lantern. Studios don't look at what each other as a means to complete, they looking at other studios as a means to emulate success, that's how Hollywood works, someone comes up with an idea that makes a crap load of cash and other studios want the same results, if the film happens to be good it's a bonus. Competition implies they're trying to outdo each other, they're not, they are trying to capture the same success as each other. If there was a genuine competition the studios would release films against each other.

who is? I've not payed attention. disney or wb?

Don't forget it was supposed to Star Wars too! Kids love those aliens! :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"