Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snyders superman is step 1 and it will open the door to a DCU that will pave the way for a new take on batman and other superheroes. Whether WB decide to go ahead with a WF or JLA i think the right thing to do is reboot batman regardless the outcome.

this is what i'm hoping for

Man of Steel should be to Justice League what Iron Man was to Avengers, the first film in a shared universe

what better way to introduce a shared DC Universe than with Superman? whether many people agree with it or now, Superman is the ultimate superhero in many ways and to a certain degree is the leader of the JL. Superman introducing himself to the world will inspire other heroes - Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Batman, Green Lantern, etc. - to step up from the shadows & their world

That would mean making more movies for more characters other than Superman heading into Justice League. Which WB seems to have no interest in doing unless its Batman.

That would mean making more movies for more characters other than Superman heading into Justice League. Which WB seems to have no interest in doing unless its Batman.

That's not entirely true. They took a swing at Green Lantern. They whiffed, but they did make an attempt. I don't know that we need to go exactly the Marvel route of introducing the bigger four in a movie first, but another movie or two to build up would definitely be helpful.

Maybe, DC wants to introduce WW, new GL, Flash, Aquaman, MM in JL then then build their solo films from there.

I'd honestly wait til after JL to make movies about WW and Flash. WB is going to be in no hurry to end the Nolanverse Iif things are successful both financially and critically.

I'd honestly wait til after JL to make movies about WW and Flash. WB is going to be in no hurry to end the Nolanverse Iif things are successful both financially and critically.

What Nolan is thinking on how the fanboys want him with JL:

[YT]UPw-3e_pzqU[/YT]

We can't live without Nolan. The lives millions of fanboys depend on it. Just get him back, until he dies a hero, or lives long enough to see himself become the villain if he ever fails us.
On to more pressing issues, Marvel did not exactly dissociate itself from the Incredible Hulk movie, but it is barely considered cannon. The movie has hardly been referenced. None of those characters have returned. That could be akin to the Green Lantern movie. You established the backdrop of the Corps, and while that movie certainly won't be cannon, what you can take from it is Hal Jordan's backstory established from that film to either re-introdue the character or the next Green Lantern. I think you need to do a Justice League movie first with a new GL, and then spin the franchise off from that.

I think WW absolutely has to have a film before JL. More debateable with Flash, but it wouldn't hurt. I see that movie paralleling Marvel's Ant-Man. Do you or do you not go through with the solo film before the character appears in a team up?

Last edited:
I like the idea of WB doing a World's Finest or using MOS 2 to re-introduce Bale (or introduce the new Bats) then launch into a Wonder Woman origin film. Then JL.

Quickly reference Hal and Barry's origins at the start of JL and move on. Planting seeds in MOS 2/WW would also be great. Have Steve Trevor mention Hal Jordan. Have MOS 2 mention Barry Allen doing forensic work on a nearby Kryptonian spaceship left behind: hence his accident.

After JL, launch a Flash (Barry Allen) and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan...this is only if John Stewart isn't chosen) buddy-cop film. Literally a comedy buddy-cop but obviously fantastical with a serious threat for the two of them. A nice balance of humor, great action & a serious plot.

If it's a rebooted Bats that's when you launch the solo film (Arkham inspired). If it's Bale, then you can launch a JGL Nightwing film featuring Gary Oldman and possibly a Morgan Freeman cameo.

I like the idea of WB doing a World's Finest or using MOS 2 to re-introduce Bale (or introduce the new Bats) then launch into a Wonder Woman origin film. Then JL.

Quickly reference Hal and Barry's origins at the start of JL and move on. Planting seeds in MOS 2/WW would also be great. Have Steve Trevor mention Hal Jordan. Have MOS 2 mention Barry Allen doing forensic work on a nearby Kryptonian spaceship left behind: hence his accident.

After JL, launch a Flash (Barry Allen) and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan...this is only if John Stewart isn't chosen) buddy-cop film. Literally a comedy buddy-cop but obviously fantastical with a serious threat for the two of them. A nice balance of humor, great action & a serious plot.

If it's a rebooted Bats that's when you launch the solo film (Arkham inspired). If it's Bale, then you can launch a JGL Nightwing film featuring Gary Oldman and possibly a Morgan Freeman cameo.

That possibly could be the greatest batman movie ever.

The more logical route is this...

MOS
MOS 2 (Barry reference. post cred with retired Bruce or new Bats)
WW (Hal reference through Steve Trevor. post cred with Superman)
JL (Supes, Bats, WW, GL (Hal dies at the end/leaves earth), Flash, small role by MM)
Nightwing (Nolanverse), Batman (non-Nolanverse)
Flash
Green Lantern (John Stewart)

The more logical route is this...

MOS
MOS 2 (Barry reference. post cred with retired Bruce or new Bats)
WW (Hal reference through Steve Trevor. post cred with Superman)
JL (Supes, Bats, WW, GL (Hal dies at the end/leaves earth), Flash, small role by MM)
Nightwing (Nolanverse), Batman (non-Nolanverse)
Flash
Green Lantern (John Stewart)

Introduce new bats in MOS WW in MOS 2

I don't want the Man Of Steel series have any obvious ties to other franchises. I want to be able to watch it entirely separately like TDKT.

Goyer is either writing Justice league or writng/directing justice league apparently....

toughts

Goyer is either writing Justice league or writng/directing justice league apparently....

toughts

My thoughts would be that Goyer directing the film would be considered a big risk, while just him writing or treating would not be. It's going to be a hit if the right director (some one who knows the property and is competent at helming tent-pole films) and a cast with some good actors (at least two) are on board.

It's more about the quality of any JL connected films than anything else. If MoS lives up to the trailer promise the JL door will have been blasted wide open after looking unsure of success all this time. But it would only take a crap film next from any of the other characters (Bats especially) to put it back into questionable territory. I'm really hoping for a top full-mythological mode WW film at some point althought it's going to be hard to get get right.

Last edited:
Ummmmm I never said a new Joker wouldn't be introduced in a Batman reboot did I? That's fairly obvious. You said in a JL movie and im saying it's probably not going to happen, so don't get ur hopes up.

I also doubt we'll be seeing a JL trilogy. Now THAT seems possible yes, with a rebooted Bats. But even thinking about 3 JL's is a little much. The Nolan folks like to put everything into one film and then think about a sequel after it's complete.

Again, lol, nobody said it would be surprising to see a new take on Joker in the reboot. I say we may even get a small role from him in the first solo Bat movie of the reboot.

It no longer matters what the 'Nolan folks' did. His involvement with JL has been denied up until this point, and he certainly won't be apart of any DCU franchise 10 years down the road. If WB is really going to make a JL film soon, there's no way they envision it as a solo film. You're crazy for saying that thinking about 3 JL's is a little too much and you're also crazy if you don't think WB is taking notes on what Marvel has been doing. Unless the first JL movie is somehow a massive flop (which I don't think is possible no matter how bad/good it turns out), we'll be seeing more of them. Look at what Marvel has accomplished in just 5 years time. Their plan has only just passed Phase 1 and they have so much more content that they'll be bringing us. An endeavor like this (for WB) requires meticulous advanced planning. Building an on-screen DCU isn't a "let's take it one movie at a time" kind of deal.

And again (lol), if you truly believe that Batman's greatest nemesis (and the most iconic villain of the DCU) will never find his way into the JL films at any point, you're just not thinking logically.

Just to clarify what I've been saying all along: The Joker will definitely make an appearance in the next Batman series. And if the new Batman series is a part of a greater DCU, I guarantee we'll see The Joker in other films (like JL) as well. Nolan's series needs to be left alone, because this next Batman franchise cannot have that amount of limits on it in terms of characters and tone. Not just with the Joker by any means, but with characters like Bruce, Gordon, Alfred, etc.

It no longer matters what the 'Nolan folks' did. His involvement with JL has been denied up until this point, and he certainly won't be apart of any DCU franchise 10 years down the road. If WB is really going to make a JL film soon, there's no way they envision it as a solo film. You're crazy for saying that thinking about 3 JL's is a little too much and you're also crazy if you don't think WB is taking notes on what Marvel has been doing. Unless the first JL movie is somehow a massive flop (which I don't think is possible no matter how bad/good it turns out), we'll be seeing more of them. Look at what Marvel has accomplished in just 5 years time. Their plan has only just passed Phase 1 and they have so much more content that they'll be bringing us. An endeavor like this (for WB) requires meticulous advanced planning. Building an on-screen DCU isn't a "let's take it one movie at a time" kind of deal.

And again (lol), if you truly believe that Batman's greatest nemesis (and the most iconic villain of the DCU) will never find his way into the JL films at any point, you're just not thinking logically.

Just to clarify what I've been saying all along: The Joker will definitely make an appearance in the next Batman series. And if the new Batman series is a part of a greater DCU, I guarantee we'll see The Joker in other films (like JL) as well. Nolan's series needs to be left alone, because this next Batman franchise cannot have that amount of limits on it in terms of characters and tone. Not just with the Joker by any means, but with characters like Bruce, Gordon, Alfred, etc.

I think WB wants a 2 picture deal with Nolan for Justice League they don't expect him there forever.

I thought WB already confirmed that Nolan and the Nolanverse Batman wouldn't be invoked in the JLA?

They could be trying to make up for the Talia reveal that everyone knew about. I dunno...why make a Superman that fits with TDK Batman Nolan tone and realism just to reboot it with a more un-realistic non Nolan Batman?

The JGL interview where they ask if he's cameoing in MOS, he seemed so... lying. He didn't look shocked at all and was almost trying to say "Please don't put me on the spot, this is important and I'm not supposed to ruin it"

This new Superman already has "realism" limits with no Kryptonite.

Yeah, it makes no sense to me. WB have shot themselves in the foot if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"