Justice League: News and Speculation

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by Blackman, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

Both movies on the same day, obviously.

As far as which one I would see at midnight, that would depend on which movie had impressed me more with its marketing material.

2. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

If we're getting into specifics... a midnight 3D showing of Avengers 2. Then a mid-afternoon show of Justice League.

But it's better they have a month or two between one another so they can have an equal opportunity to succeed.

3. Saitou Hajime

Saitou Hajime Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be the same ensemble trainwreck as the X-Men films, but with Superman and Batman filling the Magneto and Wolverine roles?

4. Spideyfan93

Spideyfan93 Hayley Atwell I love you!

But the first 2 X-Men films are successful films critically and financially...and pop culturely...

5. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

If Justice League and Avengers 2 released the same day? Justice League at midnight and Avengers 2... Whenever it came on TV I guess. I'm not giving Whedon any of my money again.

6. Saitou Hajime

Saitou Hajime Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about that. I just don't want to see the same "Wolverine/Magneto and friends" setup present in almost all the X-Men movies in JL, only with World's Finest filling the Wolverine/Magneto roles.

7. ThePowerCosmic

Oh, but you will. You will.

8. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

well la dee dah

9. ThePowerCosmic

It's finally happening!

[​IMG]

10. ThePowerCosmic

11. ericadawn16

ericadawn16 Well-Known Member

I have no doubts it'll be July 2015 but...we should keep in mind that the original reports for The Avengers were that it would come out in 2010 and then 2011 so I do have doubts about it actually coming out in 2015 without cutting a lot of corners and having very little set-up...

12. Superhero 101

This is great news but I don't like how WB is rushing this. They should take their time. I would like to see Cavill and Reynolds return. I read that WB wants to have two different supermans and i don't like that idea at all. And i do agree that most people know who Superman Batman and Wonder Woman are heck even Flash and Green Lantern the only other unknown is Martian Manhunter and maybe Aquaman

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  13. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

How is this being rushed? They have a script, and the movie's not due in theaters for another three years.

14. Superhero 101

Well i meant that WB is rushing this to basically make Avengers type Money. I just don't want to be sitting in the theater watching this film shaking my head and leave the theater frustrated. I want a good quality film not something just put together in retaliation to Avengers

15. kguillou

kguillou Well-Known Member

This is indeed great news...however part of of me still kind of believes that the monumental, and historic first cinematic meeting of Batman and Superman should be it's own film in of itself instead of a Justice League film. I mean I think a World's Finest movie would make BOAT LOADS of money. And then, once that's successful they could go on to Justice League and EVEN MORE boat loads of money.

16. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

If you discount the production time on the failed JL:M project, four years of development on this iteration of JL is actually par the course for the film (provided it makes that summer 2015 date). They have plenty of time to refine and rework the script, and secure a solid director.

17. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

There's gonna be a lot of superhero overkill if they go with this plan. The reason TDKR was still so successful following the avengers was thiat it was so different in look/tone/feel.

Justice League coming out a few months after A2 is gonna face an uphill battle seeing as it is also a team up superhero-film that will most likely not be as dark a film as tdkr.

18. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

But Batman and Superman on screen together for the first time in a big-budget live-action film :awesome:.

19. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

Only half of that team excites the public at this point. We will have to see how MOS does to gauge how the public reacts to a modern superman.

20. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

The Flash is pretty popular too, from what I can gather. Lord knows I see enough of his shirts walking around. The only real wild card in my opinion is Green Lantern.

21. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

Nah. I don't like my heroes talking like Juno. :o I'll probably see the solo movies multiple times though to make up for it. :oldrazz:

22. DaveMoral

DaveMoral Well-Known Member

I think JL will follow the tone set by MOS. Especially if they sre using Cavill. The seperate continuity thing was from way back when. I have my doubts they want to do that now. Snyder certainly hinted at shared universe.

GL will end up with a darker tone too, if they spin off JL. Even if they keep Reynolds and Strong. Which would be a very good thing.

Batman being reinteoduced in JL is brilliant because that automatically recontextualizes him in such a way to open wide the doors to his Rogues Gallery.

23. Showtime

Showtime Your Friend In Time

I would like one as well, I just don't think it's viable financially before JL.

24. ThePowerCosmic

Lmao Juno.:funny:

Never thought about that.

25. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson's "Nick Fury": This is a "Stupid-ass decision." :down

Don't expect this date to hold. This film's date will get moved. It's suicide to go up against The Avengers, which has 100% of the momentum behind it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.