Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeeeed! Visually it can be far-fetched. If you bring in Mr Freeze, Hugo Strange who creates monsters through experiments, a Gotham that looks a little different...that's perfect for the reboot. For the Arkham approach. But take it seriously like Nolan did.

Bruce Wayne and Batman in general can still be quite grounded. And so can a few of its villains. Riddler, Penguin, Black Mask they can all be treated in a realistic way. BUT...

Instead of using the Nolan style where they asked the questions "What would Batman be like in real life and who would the Joker be in real life and Bane in real life? etc"...Why not approach it differently this time?? Where the question is "What if Batman and Gordon and these real human characters were stuck in a world that allowed freaks and fantastical creatures, transformations? etc"

How would you or me or Batman for that matter approach something like Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze, Clayface? It's sort of the Snyder/Nolan/Goyer approach for Man Of Steel isn't it? The premise is what if our world was exposed to such a super-powered being like Superman? In this case it's reversed, what if Batman was exposed to such fantastical beings?

They can set it in the future. 50 to 100 years from now, but it's closer to Looper where it's not over-done. It's still gritty and recognizable most of the time.

I agree with everything you said except for the future thing. No need to set it in the future. It's not even in this universe.

The future thing doesn't need to be addressed at all. But they can always do that if they wanna act like it's some sci-fi thing, like how Bladerunner, Looper and other films of that genre do things.

But ur right.

Nope, the writer of Justice League himself confirmed that i believe. If it wasn't him, it was certainly somebody close to him.

Interesting. But from the way you put it, it seems like WB will exercise their sequel clause for RR, since they're not interesting in recasting...

Most likely.

It would probably be much easier/quicker to just keep Ryan for the Justice League movies. Exclusive to that.

Most likely.

It would probably be much easier/quicker to just keep Ryan for the Justice League movies. Exclusive to that.

Yeah. I remember Nolan's status on whether he'd return for a third Batman movie being unclear and lots of folks had the audacity to say "Well, if he doesn't do a third movie, Bale won't return."

Then in one interview, Bale revealed he was contracted for three movies and he would have to do TDKR regardless whether Nolan directed or not. So that whole solidarity claim was false.

So I wouldn't be surprised if both Cavill and Reynolds return for JL because of contractual obligations, rather than who's directing the pic.

Yeah Bale had to do it regardless. Lucky for him Nolan returned and Bale was into the story, otherwise we would have had a third movie with Bale on auto-pilot. Like Keaton in Returns.

Im convinced more now than ever before, that we'll get Cavill and Reynolds for this. Especially if they only add Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash to that list, it'll be a little easier on the studio with the casting.

The more sci-fi the better as far as i'm concerned. The League should have a giant space station hidden in orbit. The enemy of the League should be from another world also.

Hope they don't go that route. I dont want another Avengers thing where there's this alien invasion and Batmans fighting in outer space. Really dont want to see that.

I was just thinking last night how I really wanted to see the Watchtower in space. That would be awesome. It would be even better if a villain were to somehow disable the Watchtower and cause it to plummet towards Earth, forcing the League to stop it. Then again, that would probably be too similar to the Helicarrier falling in TA.

You know what I just thought of? It would be wise for DC to make sure Aquaman is in Justice League and make sure he's done well, and then get him a solo movie as soon as possible, because Marvel Studios/Disney does own Namor, and DC won't want another situation like Hawkeye and Thanos being in a movie before (Green Arrow and Darkseid)

I was just thinking last night how I really wanted to see the Watchtower in space. That would be awesome. It would be even better if a villain were to somehow disable the Watchtower and cause it to plummet towards Earth, forcing the League to stop it. Then again, that would probably be too similar to the Helicarrier falling in TA.

I think the space station Watchtower will be introduced at the end of the first JL film.

You know what I just thought of? It would be wise for DC to make sure Aquaman is in Justice League and make sure he's done well, and then get him a solo movie as soon as possible, because Marvel Studios/Disney does own Namor, and DC won't want another situation like Hawkeye and Thanos being in a movie before (Green Arrow and Darkseid)

Oh man... as much as I want them to include Aquaman, I think they'll just keep it with the main 5. I really want to see him in JL, though.

I think the space station Watchtower will be introduced at the end of the first JL film.

I would love that! Reminds me of how Stark Tower was made into Avengers Tower at the end of TA.

Last edited:
Oh man... as much as I want them to include Aquaman, I think they'll just keep it with the main 5. I really want to see him in JL, though.
I see no problem with including one more character. 6 is pretty balanced.

I think it would be good to possibly throw an easter egg or a mention at the end of the film of the lost underwater city of Atlantis being found at the end of the film or something.

Has there been official confirmation of the team being used in Bealls' draft?

From what I understand the team is Superman, Batman, WW, GL, Flash, and Martian Manhunter?

I see no problem with including one more character. 6 is pretty balanced.

I would love for them to include him, but to be honest I don't think they will. It would be nice for them to do it, though.
I think it would be good to possibly throw an easter egg or a mention at the end of the film of the lost underwater city of Atlantis being found at the end of the film or something.

Has there been official confirmation of the team being used in Bealls' draft?

From what I understand the team is Superman, Batman, WW, GL, Flash, and Martian Manhunter?

So far, the only ones seemingly confirmed are Superman, Batman, WW, GL, and Flash.

Does anyone think that WB will feel the crunch to deliver a quality JL movie? With Disney having two behemoth films slated for 2015 -- The Avengers 2 and Star Wars: Episode VII -- will WB try to stay out of the way and go for a 2016 release?

Any thoughts? WB has to be taking notice now. Disney has thrown down the gauntlet two times now.

WB: We feel that July 2015 will be the best weekend for JL.
Disney buys Lucasfilm...announces New Star Wars film in 2015
WB: We feel that July 2016 will be the best weekend for JL.

The good news is Disney just gave WB an excuse to back down on their idiotic 2015 Justce League goal.. Hopefulyl WB takes advantage of this "out" and announces JL to premiere in 2016!

2016 is a better aim than 2015. Rather not have Avengers 2 and Justice League competing with each other.

WB: We feel that July 2015 will be the best weekend for JL.
Disney buys Lucasfilm...announces New Star Wars film in 2015
WB: We feel that July 2016 will be the best weekend for JL.

If Disney schedules Episode VII for a summer 2015 release, it'll likely be mid- to late May 2015 to allow Avengers 2 to run its course (and most of the SW films were mid-May releases during their initial runs). Then again, Alan Horn is an ex-CEO from WB, so he may schedule it for a early July or mid-July 2015 release.

If Disney schedules Episode VII for a summer 2015 release, it'll likely be mid- to late May 2015 to allow Avengers 2 to run its course (and most of the SW films were mid-May releases during their initial runs). Then again, Alan Horn is an ex-CEO from WB, so he may schedule it for a early July or mid-July 2015 release.

I'm sure Alan Horn must be giddy with joy right now. Having The Avengers and Star Wars under your company's tent is a dream come true for anyone, and it will make his job alot easier. I'm not sure if WB will move JL out of 2015 though; they don't want to be perceived as being scared of the two behemoths from Disney, and so they will be more likely to stick to their original schedule.

Don't think WB's should really worry about the next Star Wars film being released in 2015 really. I think WB's should just slot the Justice League films release date the weekend of July 4th. If Horn, Kennedy, and Disney they would release the new Star Wars film during the December Holidays of 2015, instead of Summer 2015 actually.

The last Star Wars films were utter crap overall anyhow. Yeah, they will make money just because of the name....but as long as WB's produces a good quality action spectacle of a film with some silly giggles like Avengers, then WB's JL film will still make it's money.

Warner Bros won't give a damn. Let them suffer if it backfires in 2015.

I don't think Episode 7 will hinder Justice League and I don't think it should. The two franchises have nothing to do with each other. They'll also be released at different times, so I don't see a problem. Warner Bros. needs a behemoth in 2015 like Disney has with The Avengers 2 and Episode 7. Justice League is their pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"