Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Episode 7 will hinder Justice League and I don't think it should. The two franchises have nothing to do with each other. They'll also be released at different times, so I don't see a problem. Warner Bros. needs a behemoth in 2015 like Disney has with The Avengers 2 and Episode 7. Justice League is their pull.

If JL continues to develop as scheduled for WB's, than I can see them taking the July 4th weekend/week slot to release the film. Since A2 will have the early May release slot.

I still think if Horn and Disney were smart, they should release the next SW film during the December Holiday season of 2015 instead of Summer 2015.

If JL continues to develop as scheduled for WB's, than I can see them taking the July 4th weekend/week slot to release the film. Since A2 will have the early May release slot.

I still think if Horn and Disney were smart, they should release the next SW film during the December Holiday season of 2015 instead of Summer 2015.
I agree. Let the superheroes have summer, winter can go to Star Wars.

I agree. Let the superheroes have summer, winter can go to Star Wars.

Exactly. Disney can spread out their profit over the course of the 2015 year by releasing the new SW film during the December Holiday and they will basically corner the market during that time. Instead of unwisely competing against their own product in late May or June and then a competitors big time product with a July release of SW, since the JL will probably get a July release date in 2015.

Star Wars screams summer blockbuster though. It along with jaws just before it ushered in the the modern summer blockbuster phenomena.

I don't know if they see star wars as a fall/winter type of film. I can see Disney wanting to dominate the entire summer with a may release of A2 and a july release of SW:E7 or even vice-versa to give SW it's traditional may opening weekend.

Star Wars screams summer blockbuster though. It along with jaws just before it ushered in the the modern summer blockbuster phenomena.

I don't know if they see star wars as a fall/winter type of film. I can see Disney wanting to dominate the entire summer with a may release of A2 and a july release of SW:E7 or even vice-versa to give SW it's traditional may opening weekend.

Starwars clearly screams Summer release.It and A2 are going for summer domination.

Starwars clearly screams Summer release.It and A2 are going for summer domination.
you release both as summer events then own christmas with dvd/blue ray and product tie in toys. time to check my Disney stock portfolio. And yes; keep the justice league in 2015. I want to see it on the big screen BEFORE I die.:woot:

Yeah, I see Star Wars opening in July, to give Avengers 2 a decent run. However, even if it opened in June or in September or December, Star Wars still has the name behind it and fans will flock to see it no matter when it's released. Only August might be a dead month because everyone's away.

As for Justice League, well either they go for July or for a Winter release. One reason I might like JL in 2015 is that with all these blockbusters, Fox will have nowhere to release FF into the year's schedule where it can perform decently.

I see Avengers 2 dominating May and June,and Starwars dominating July and August.WB willbe forced to the winterspots or 2016-hopefully 2016 since that wld make them consider a MOS 2 or someother Dc universe movie inbetween

When is Avatar 2 coming out ? If Cameron's Avatar 2 is released in winter 2015, then there is no room for JL movie.

Oh wait, then WB also has to release Hobbit 2 right ? That will take up a spot.

I see Avengers 2 dominating May and June,and Starwars dominating July and August.WB willbe forced to the winterspots or 2016-hopefully 2016 since that wld make them consider a MOS 2 or someother Dc universe movie inbetween

Well only if they make another DC film for 2014. If they're going to release one in 2015, they're going to run up against the same problem as releasing JL in 2015.

But yeah, WB could do with another DC film before. Just which one? Ideally it should be Wonder Woman, with plot points written into it that she hears of trouble going on and decides at the end of the movie to go and seek out these other DC heroes.

Well only if they make another DC film for 2014. If they're going to release one in 2015, they're going to run up against the same problem as releasing JL in 2015.

But yeah, WB could do with another DC film before. Just which one? Ideally it should be Wonder Woman, with plot points written into it that she hears of trouble going on and decides at the end of the movie to go and seek out these other DC heroes.
In my opinion it should be wonderwoman-due to her being part of the Trinity and Dc needing to properly establlish a magic in their cinematic univers.Rmbr shes the only magical character on the JL team.

Theres no need to have any plot pionts with her going to seek other heroes.Just do a movie,reference their are other superheroes out there as the movie goes along but thats it.Let Jl deal witth uniting her with other heroes.

A WW movie shld be set for a winter release in my opinion.2014 or 2015

Agreed on one of them going to winter. Star Wars, Avengers & JL are amongst the most epic fantastical/sci-fi properties. There will be cannibalisation of repeat viewing (which these films would expect a lot more than most) if they are anywhere close to each other. I hope they can all go stellar & if they're spread out, no reason why they can't all succeed.

JL will only be as good as its villain and writing

Its almost to late for a DC 2014 film. Realistically the only film we know they have a script to is the flash. Usually when we don't hear rumours about any other character its because there really isn't much going on. Plus with Wonder Woman they are trying for a new tv series so something tells me they don't have a script they like for a feature film.

Agreed on one of them going to winter. Star Wars, Avengers & JL are amongst the most epic fantastical/sci-fi properties. There will be cannibalisation of repeat viewing (which these films would expect a lot more than most) if they are anywhere close to each other. I hope they can all go stellar & if they're spread out, no reason why they can't all succeed.

I can't see Disney blinking with either of their proven billion dollar movie franchises. I would bet on JL moving.

Its almost to late for a DC 2014 film. Realistically the only film we know they have a script to is the flash. Usually when we don't hear rumours about any other character its because there really isn't much going on. Plus with Wonder Woman they are trying for a new tv series so something tells me they don't have a script they like for a feature film.

In the 70s, didn't Star Trek: The Slow Motion Picture just adapt its Star Trek: Phase II tv series pilot script into the movie in the wake of Star Wars? It was all set to be a TV series but they decided to make it into a theatrical feature instead. Not that it turned out so great, but that was down to writing rather than the principle itself.

If WB had an action-oriented WW pilot script, they could easily expand that into a movie. Some pilots have enough there to engage audiences. It's just a matter of increasing the budget.

In the 70s, didn't Star Trek: The Slow Motion Picture just adapt its Star Trek: Phase II tv series pilot script into the movie in the wake of Star Wars? It was all set to be a TV series but they decided to make it into a theatrical feature instead. Not that it turned out so great, but that was down to writing rather than the principle itself.

If WB had an action-oriented WW pilot script, they could easily expand that into a movie. Some pilots have enough there to engage audiences. It's just a matter of increasing the budget.

True, its just that given their reluctance to bring WW to the bring screen I really don't see it happening in that time frame. Also, what approach do they take. The current comic seems to be crtically acclaimed yet it seems some fans can't stand the approach.

I mean take a look at batman. The character has so many comics that are written very well and its only been recently that they've tapped into the wealth of the stories.

Wonder Woman fans can't even agree on what the character is. I think making her the daughter of zeus gives the character a new focus. Having her stand between the gods and humans gives the character a greater appeal because its at a personal level that the clay origin doesn't give.

I think making a WW film is a no brainer, the story just has to be done well. They also can't expect to give it a 200million dollar budget because if the recent crop of lower tier characters show, its not that easy to break that box office number domestically.

I don't see how WB can feasibly set up Justice League as a sequel to Man of Steel right out of the gate.

I don't see how WB can feasibly set up Justice League as a sequel to Man of Steel right out of the gate.

It only takes a rewrite or two to bring JL in line with MOS. It's doable without doing reshoots for MOS. I think it's feasible if the story is done right.

And 2016 is still up for grabs. WB could conceivably nab that available May 6, 2016 date since Marvel haven't booked it yet. Maybe have the MOS sequel open on summer 2015, then have JL open a year later.

Throw in a Pixar film and they'd lock it up no doubt.

It only takes a rewrite or two to bring JL in line with MOS. It's doable without doing reshoots for MOS. I think it's feasible if the story is done right.

And 2016 is still up for grabs. WB could conceivably nab that available May 6, 2016 date since Marvel haven't booked it yet. Maybe have the MOS sequel open on summer 2015, then have JL open a year later.
What will they do if Man of Steel underperforms?

What will they do about Green Lantern?

How is Man of Steel going to set up a story in Justice League?

All of those questions will be answered by 2015. Man of Steel probably won't set up a JL story because it's standalone, it'll just set up Superman's character and his respective part of the DC Universe.

How is Man of Steel going to set up a story in Justice League?
It doesn't have to set up a story. Superman just "is" (by the end of the movie). I doubt the Justice League will be earth's favourite heroes like Avengers, and i doubt Man of Steel will end with everyone loving and accepting Superman. So it'll probably link up just fine without having some set-up at the end of MOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"