Justice League: News and Speculation

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by Blackman, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

^^^

That sounds totally contrary to what snyder says they are trying to do with MOS.

He says they are presenting a more grounded superman so in one movie you go from a world reacting to a man more powerful than anything they could imagine to that super-powerful man actually not being powerful enough and needing backup?

I say keep things separate for now, it will just hurt what MOS had in mind.

2. ThePowerCosmic

It's not like complaining about it is going to help now. WB's still going through with JL.

3. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

All Snyder has to do is setup a reference to say Braniac and maybe Lex toward the end of MOS and that would be a good enough set up for JL....possibly.

4. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

On the other hand, Snyder is staying tight-lipped on questions about MOS sequels and about JL. The phrase "getting his [Superman's] house in order" could mean several things. But I'm positive WB has discussed both sequels to MOS and using Cavill's Superman in a theoretical JL film with Snyder.

You guys forget that actors like Cavill (and most of the MOS cast) are contracted with the studio, and not who is directing the film per se. If WB decides to pull the trigger on a JL film, they'll enforce those options on which cast members they want in the film. Same thing with the GL cast if they decide to keep the original actors too.

This JL film happens, Cavill will be involved. Period. WB won't want to confuse audience members by casting a different actor for the JL Superman.

5. Bruce Malone

I was talking about trying to shoe-horn JL into MOS. MOS was in development long before JL was given a set date, so to try and add it in just now as some cheesy tie-in would seem lame and hurt potentially both films.

Let Snyder finish MOS as how he intended to.

6. Dark Knight

Exactly!

7. ThePowerCosmic

I understand, but WB's not going to have two different Supermans. I can also bet that JL won't be seen as a cheesy tie-in.

8. Sun_Down

Sun_Down Groovy

I don't see that as necessarily true. ESPECIALLY if Superman is more grounded, he'll realize he needs help.

I'm not saying build the MOS story around setting up JL. Really just a scene or line at the end referencing other heroes, or even just the broad idea of a team up, would do the trick.

World says, "Holy cow, this guy can do anything." Supes says to himself, "Holy cow, I barely got out of that one. I wonder what I'll do next time?" More grounded, right? Really, you kind of made the argument for me.

9. Bruce Malone

No, grounded in the senses that this is the story of one man and his effect on the world and the world's effect on him. I think something like the avengers or JL is the opposite of what this movie is trying to be about.

I mean just take a look at the teaser for MOS to get a sense. If they want to use cavill for JL that's fine that's their business but again shoehorning in some JL mention into Snyder's work last minute seems cheap and if WB has/had more respect for snyder they wouldn't think of it.

10. Sun_Down

Sun_Down Groovy

Really they just need a quick mention, one line would do it. Even a post-credit scene.

I don't honestly care if they do anything, but I find it interesting that you are so adamantly against it.

11. Dark Knight

Well, Avengers shoehorned a crap load of stuff and fanboys seem to eat their crap up for doing those type of things. It's tedious to me, but fanboys and the general movie public seem to eat that crap up apparently.

12. Dark Knight

I don't care if they do anything like that either, but it can be done rather easily if WB's and Snyder decide to do so.

13. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

14. Sun_Down

Sun_Down Groovy

"Fiercely loyal, he stuck with "300" director Zack Snyder through three subsequent flops and then handed him the keys to next year's Superman reboot "Man of Steel.""

Yup.

15. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think WB won't pull the trigger on further 2014 and 2015 titles until they announce Barry Meyer's successor next year? That behind-the-scenes drama with Robinov, Rosenbloom and Tsujihara could be causing that dearth of 2014 pics... they only have four titles set thus far, while their rivals have at least several more scheduled.

Whoever gets that prized chairman position... be it Robinov or the other two, will decide whether to go full-steam on JL or a MOS sequel. If Robinov gets the job, I think JL will be a high priority for him.

Does anyone think WB might try something bold, like a JL movie in summer 2015 (as LA Times already reported) and maybe a MOS sequel the following year? Anything's possible...

16. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

I don't. It's unnecessary with JLA.

17. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

I think they were planning to do that, but they changed up their strategy after the Green Lantern backlash.

18. Zionite1

Zionite1 Well-Known Member

Indeed.Wb pretty much has no choice but to go with the spinoff approach despite it being less ideal.The failure of Green antern and Marvel kicking their ass pretty much forces this upon them.

I dont really see the imporatance of why Mos must have a reference to JL at all.Many of the references in Marvel solo movies were misses and a lot werent utilized on.

19. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Green Lantern was much more important than they seemed to realise. It could & should have been an Iron Man. If it had even got close JL's success would be a shoe in, Avengers or no.

20. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

They dont need to give a wink at JLA in the new Superman.

The solo movies before Avengers were pretty horrible. Well maybe 1 or 2 out of 5 were decent. But i'd rather not sit through that with the DC movies.

Thank god it bombed, for that reason especially. I don't want JL to be some exact replica of the Avengers premise. I dont want Green Lantern to be the Iron Man of this. They need to do things differently from Avengers, be more original WB.

21. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

Avengers needed build-up to establish an interest in their characters. Nobody knew any of their characters besides the one audiences didn't care much for anymore. Justice League has Batman and Superman. Putting them onscreen together will get asses in seats regardless. That's when you add in Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, or whoever else and get people interested in them through Black 'n Blue. Come for the World's Finest stay for the spin-offs.

22. Zionite1

I think a JL movie can very much succeed without solos after all it has Bats and Supes.But there is no doubt in my mind it will have succeeded a whole lot more with solo movies leading up to it.

The appeal of seeing JL movie without solos-Bats and supes
    The appeal of seeing JL movie with solos-Bats,supes,flash,GL,WW.

look at both and you can see why the solo movie approach is superior.The plus side is that with the spinoff approach is that its means the spinoff movie are less likely to fail financially(that doesnt mean theyll be good though).

The other problem the spinoff aproach has is establsihing the various mythologies of each hero in the same universe with one go.For example Establishing Wonderwoman mythos and Green lantern in the same universe and having them interact normally.

23. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

Can we please not talk about lead ins vs no lead ins. It's been talked to death in several other threads

24. Zionite1

:cmad:
    Youre right.Is there a proper thread for this

25. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

i dont know if there is a specific one i just know it gets brought up and argued about in what feels like every thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.