Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I could hug you right now.:atp::hrt::hrt::atp:

EDIT- Also, potentially good news, Jonah Nolan said in a recent interview he'd like to have a go at writing screenplays for other characters, and with Chris Nolan being so coy about further involvement as producer, it seems as if Syncopy could become the de facto DCE Studios. Which would be glorious, as it would ensure high quality films all round.
:hehe:

The Christian Bale must come back....He must.....he must.

Please don't. Nolan and Bale should avoid this project like the plague. They gave use 3 great Batmovies and now its reached its conclusion. Tiime to move on. Bale has much better things to do as an actor at this point. Petitions and fb pages are pointless.

Yeah, and prior to 1989 practically every film production company in Hollywood told Michael Uslan his proposal for a dark, serious live-action Batman film was pointless too. Yes, the odds are stacked against it and to you it may sound stupid. However, there are still a good number of fans who would love to see Bale back in the role for Justice League and they have a right to be heard as well. You don't like the petition, then simply do not sign it. This is for people that do support the idea. To say that Bale has much better things to do as an actor as this point is also somewhat disrespecting towards the Batman character in my opinion. Just because he may play Batman again, that doesn't stop Bale from pursuing other projects.

The movie needs a dance-off.

tumblr_mf11v5roIl1r7tibko1_400.gif

Also, I'm not suggesting that Warner Bros. make some lighthearted warm and fuzzy superhero ensemble that compliments the Avengers. If that's the direction they want to go then by all means replace Bale and leave Cavill out as well. However, judging from what I see out of just that one Man of Steel trailer......Cavill's Superman and Bale's Batman would mesh so well in the same universe. The funny thing is that I'm not even solid supporter of the Justice League movie idea in the first place. However, if it must happen which I think is inevitable, then I'd like to see it done very serious and completely different from what Marvel did.

Batman is bigger than any one actor or director. If you can accept the change of writers and artists in the comics every six months, then you can accept a new interpretation on the big screen. the Nolan Batfilms had a beginning a middle and an end. Time for something and someone new.

And my general point is that introducing a new Batman in a JL movie is a terrible idea, regardless of the money and talent.

All that said, everybody has their price. If WB starts to get cold feet, and are desperate for some familiar faces, they very well may back the Brinks truck onto Bale's front yard. Doesn't mean its a good idea.

:hehe:

The Christian Bale must come back....He must.....he must.

Bale would be fantastic in a JL film.

With him coming from Nolans grounded universe and then seeing how he reacts to these otherworldy beings with powers coming to earth.

It would be good to see.

If not Bale, than Gosling would be the other perfect alternative to be the next Bruce Wayne/Batman in the JL film and Batman reboot film.

I think Gosling could be had with the right contract offer/$$$ and with the right story, script, director and talent behind the films of course.

Last edited:
Also, I'm not suggesting that Warner Bros. make some lighthearted warm and fuzzy superhero ensemble that compliments the Avengers. If that's the direction they want to go then by all means replace Bale and leave Cavill out as well. However, judging from what I see out of just that one Man of Steel trailer......Cavill's Superman and Bale's Batman would mesh so well in the same universe.

Bale and Cavill sure would mesh well in a JL film or a Worlds Finest IMO.

I think Gosling and Cavill would work well together as well.

Exactly right. Gosling is my reboot pick. But as u said, EVERYTHING would have to come together perfectly. The director, the script, the price.

Batman is bigger than any one actor or director. If you can accept the change of writers and artists in the comics every six months, then you can accept a new interpretation on the big screen. the Nolan Batfilms had a beginning a middle and an end. Time for something and someone new.

And my general point is that introducing a new Batman in a JL movie is a terrible idea, regardless of the money and talent.

All that said, everybody has their price. If WB starts to get cold feet, and are desperate for some familiar faces, they very well may back the Brinks truck onto Bale's front yard. Doesn't mean its a good idea.

Yes, I hear what you are saying by Batman being bigger than any one actor. I mean I've been a fan since I was a small child going back before the first Burton film in '89. There will be other Batman actors, directors, writers, etc. etc. and that's all part of the evolution of character and how he continues to survive decade after decade. However, I think alot of fans would agree with me that it's nice to have a familiar face that is associated with the character over an extended period of time. Why else do you think so many of us love Kevin Conroy so much? There is a certain comfort zone with an actor who's been in the role for awhile. I mean everyone has their day when they have to eventually give it up ala Roger Moore as the 58 year old James Bond in "A View To A Kill." Bale, still has some fuel in the tank and could easily give us another couple Batman performances.

"Comfort zone" is death for the creative process, just like nostalgia. We have 7.5 hours of Nolan's and Bale's Batman. That's plenty. Time to move on.

The Conroy example is beside the point, for obvious reasons. Apples and oranges.

"Comfort zone" is death for the creative process, just like nostalgia. We have 7.5 hours of Nolan's and Bale's Batman. That's plenty. Time to move on.

The Conroy example is beside the point, for obvious reasons. Apples and oranges.

And so we remain.....a community divided. :)

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk made over a billion dollars together.

Batman made over a billion dollars alone. Twice. :yay:

If Man of Steel is a big hit like we all hope it is, and if they can get Bale for JL, than it will destroy the Avengers. :woot:

Yep!

What happens if Gangster Squad bombs? should WB stay with the same writer?

why would a screenwriter be affected by a box office bomb lol

they would be the least affected lol

Id like to see an older, established batman. Dnt care if its bale or not, as long as he is older.

Id like to see an older, established batman. Dnt care if its bale or not, as long as he is older.

Agreed. We've seen his origin and early years a lot in the last 20 years. To me, I'd like to see him at 50+ years old. This way he really has the experience to contribute to the League.

Agreed. We've seen his origin and early years a lot in the last 20 years. To me, I'd like to see him at 50+ years old. This way he really has the experience to contribute to the League.

50 + years old? Really? My god if we are gonna go that old then why not just make it 60 + years old and pull Michael Keaton out from whatever rock he's hiding under. 50? Early 40s' maybe if it were Bale, but I think 50 is pushing it too far for a recast. I mean this isn't Frank Miller's TDKR Batman here.

But I don't want Batman spraining his ankle when he falls a few feet.

The reason I would want him over 50 is because he would have had most of his career without having the option of simply calling Superman or Green Lantern to save Gotham.

I understand that not everyone will agree, which is fine, but a 50 year old Batman would still be in great shape, just not in his prime. If he were in his 30s or early 40s while Superman and Green Lantern occupied his universe, he wouldn't be needed as much. This would also present a fresher take on the character. TDK series took him well into his thirties, so this gives us some distance from that.

Another reason is to add the dynamic of him being someone that they turn to as a leader instead of the paranoid part-timer.

They have a young Batman in the comics that doesn't have Superman or Green Lantern showing up whenever something happens. The only time Green Lantern's shown up is chasing an extraterrestrial, plus he's off-planet most of the time anyway and Superman and Batman have an understanding. Supes handles Metropolis, Bats handles Gotham. That can be transferred to the movies, so making him older really has nothing to do with it. The other heroes have their own **** to worry about.

I do think for Batman to even be able to hold his own in the JL, he would need to have had a very long career already, with the experience and resources and knowledge necessary to take down one of his teammates if necessary. Plus he should basically be the richest man on the planet, with technology far beyond the cutting edge, including alien tech. He should know all of their weaknesses, and have contingency plans to take them down. Early 40's minimum.

My fear (well I have a lot of fears regarding this "project") is that they will go the other way, and use a young actor that will be part of a reboot of Batman. Terrible idea, but also the most likely one. So many reasons why this movie shouldnt happen. Not this soon anyway.

They have a young Batman in the comics that doesn't have Superman or Green Lantern showing up whenever something happens. The only time Green Lantern's shown up is chasing an extraterrestrial, plus he's off-planet most of the time anyway and Superman and Batman have an understanding. Supes handles Metropolis, Bats handles Gotham. That can be transferred to the movies, so making him older really has nothing to do with it. The other heroes have their own **** to worry about.

You're absolutely right. What I'm saying is that I believe it will be much more difficult to translate on the big screen. If Superman was living within the Nolanverse during the Dark Knight Rises, do you really think that he'd let Gotham explode because "Batman covers Gotham?"

It worked fine in the comics because they targeted different types of villains. I'm not expecting that to be the case if they do a Justice League movie, but who knows.

The second point to my argument is also that we've seen Batman in his 20s and 30s pretty frequently over the years. We never see what happens later on. The closest was Batman and Robin (on the big screen), which really shouldn't have happened.

This is obviously just a matter of personal preference anyway.

Well, the new MOS trailer gave me a thought. They made it clear that one of the themes of the movie will be coming to terms with one's own power. Clark is told by his father that he needs to hide who he is because the world will reject him if he doesn't. And it's clear that Clark really took those words to heart and may have a bit of a need for appeasement (as we see him willingly going into custody). So maybe the Gotham crisis in TDKR happens before he even dons his super-suit to become Superman but he holds back because a) he's heard of what Batman has done for Gotham before and has faith in him and/or b) he is terrified that if he goes out there to try to help, he'll mess something up or go too far with his power and people will get hurt. I could see a conflict like this holding Superman back as we kind of saw in JLU. Then when Darkseid pushes his buttons enough, he lets loose :D

Not to mention the fact that A) Clark clearly goes into exile, which could have easily lasted from several months to several years, meaning he is blissfully unaware of the situation and b) [BLACKOUT]He apparently abandons his powers after failing to save Pa from the tornado[/BLACKOUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"