Justice League Justice League Spoilers Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I don't really buy everything from the Reddit AMA leak, seems some people are fearing that some of the stuff are real spoilers

So go wild here

I share many of Herolee's concerns but his incessant whining annoys me.
So does everyone's incessant whining about his incessant whining. Which I've now done too.
Truly vicious black hole, this.

I hope the film's great, want more spoilers please :D

So does everyone constantly whining about his whining. Which I've now done too.

Vicious circle this.

Which is why I'm going to whine about you whining about people whining about herolee's whining and hence start a new circle.

Which is why I'm going to whine about you whining about people whining about herolee's whining and hence start a new circle.

It's never ending, the circle of life, we can't escape it

7vwc2.jpg

That pic never gets old and always gets me to at least chuckle :D

It's never ending, the circle of life, we can't escape it

7vwc2.jpg

We are perpetually lost within its boundaries, forced to do it all over, again and again...

Time is a whiny circle.

giphy.gif

So spoilers: I hear that Steppenwolf was actually here to help train mankind to stand against his nephew.

Thanks to that uninformed yee-haw bunch the JL with their evil necromancy ways, unprepared humanity now gets wiped out when Darkseid comes....

I've heard two different things about Steppenwolf

1) he's been exiled and is trying to get back in the good graces of Darksied by (conquering earth/ getting mother boxes)

2) he's trying to use the mother boxes as a way to free himself from Darksied

can anyone clarify

I heard he was just trying to bring disco back

So does everyone's incessant whining about his incessant whining. Which I've now done too.
Truly vicious black hole, this.

So I guess that makes me into the founding member of the Whiners League then. Meh, could be worse.

Also, going back to Miss Lane's posts, I can definitely understand from where she is coming from regarding her concern.

While it won't make or break the film, it does feel a bit wrong for the league to bury up Clark's coffin like that and initiate their plan to resurrect him without confiding in either Lois or Martha about it first.

I've heard two different things about Steppenwolf

1) he's been exiled and is trying to get back in the good graces of Darksied by (conquering earth/ getting mother boxes)

2) he's trying to use the mother boxes as a way to free himself from Darksied

can anyone clarify
I haven't heard but I'd prefer Option 1.

A person on Twitter was kind enough to share some scenes. Some heavy spoiler(s):

Q: Hey! Hope you are having a great day! So what did you like the most in the 30 minutes footage? Was there a lot of action? Did they show Steppenwolf? How was he? Can you describe any scenes that aren't shown in the trailers so far? And any Superman/Green Lantern scenes? How was the History Lesson/Flashback if they did show? Any funny dialogues? Sorry for too many questions! Thanks!

A: Yes very much action-packed footages. Some new scenes: Saw Superman in an interview with a young boy at the very beginning/Green lanterns showed in that ancient war and sorry he was killed by Steppie/Flash is soooo lovely/League rescued Victor's father from Steppie (this scene without superman and Aquaman)/Aquman saved the city by stopping flood/WW used lasso on Aquaman (He admits he has affection on diana and he is still single lol and afterwards he threaten Barry not to tell anything or feed him to fish). That's so far I can only recall.

Q: That last scene sounds hilarious! And how was the overall response there? Any boring moments?

A: They all love it. A close friend cried....I remember 2 more scenes: Batffleck driving NightCrawler and Steppie challenges Diana - he said he killed her Amazonian sisters.

Q: Oh boy! That sounds really sad! Looks like Steppenwolf isn't kidding around!

A: Haha I need to run find my friends now! i think that's all I can come up at the moment. Yeah very cruel.

Q: No problem! That was more than enough! Thanks a lot again! :)

A: See u.

WW and Aquaman stuff sounds like it was inspired by JL: War.

We are perpetually lost within its boundaries, forced to do it all over, again and again...

Time is a whiny circle.

giphy.gif

Meh, perhaps but when you look back to when this concern of mine first came about (back when it was revealed that Superman would die in BvS) ALMOST all of the concerns that I have shared and whined about have come true.

Frankly, even I'm shocked on how accurate most of my predictions were.

The cut I saw never gave any impression Steppenwolf was against Darkseid.

Jeff Sneider's 40% positive comment seems low to me, but the reaction at my screening wasn't great. Lots of "It was decent"-type comments.

The cut I saw never gave any impression Steppenwolf was against Darkseid.

Jeff Sneider's 40% positive comment seems low to me, but the reaction at my screening wasn't great. Lots of "It was decent"-type comments.

I think though for people to say an assembly cut is decent (which is what you saw) that’s a good thing. Seeing all that stuff finished surely the final product is better.

If this is anything like when a rough and unfinished cut of Wolverine Origins was leaked online, then I don't think the final cut will make a HUGE difference for the quality of the film.

If some scenes were still missing then that would be one thing but if all of the scenes were present, with the only difference being that the effects weren't all finished and that tempo music was being used then I don't think it will help or hurt it.

I should clarify that the cut I saw was not an assembly - an assembly is when you put footage together for the first time. Just because the FX weren't finished and the music was temp doesn't mean it's an assembly.

So that everyone's aware, when you go to a test screening, you're given five options of how to rate the film: Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, and Poor. The studio wants people to rate it Excellent or Very Good (Good in the studios' minds pretty much means average). So Jeff Sneider saying it's rating around 40% means that's the number of people who said it was Excellent or Very Good.

Who like myself is just super pumped and ready? As someone who loves the DCEU I am very excited to finally get to this film.

I think though for people to say an assembly cut is decent (which is what you saw) that’s a good thing. Seeing all that stuff finished surely the final product is better.

Yeah, although I'd also expect them to factor that into their opinion a little.

If this is anything like when a rough and unfinished cut of Wolverine Origins was leaked online, then I don't think the final cut will make a HUGE difference for the quality of the film.

If some scenes were still missing then that would be one thing but if all of the scenes were present, with the only difference being that the effects weren't all finished and that tempo music was being used then I don't think it will help or hurt it.

We’re people saying that film was decent though? It’s hard to enjoy a film when FX aren’t in etc. So if people think it’s decent from that then it’s plausible to think that they’d enjoy a final cut a bit more.

Who like myself is just super pumped and ready? As someone who loves the DCEU I am very excited to finally get to this film.

These team up superhero films are as epic as it gets for me outside of the likes of Star Wars and LotR.

I should clarify that the cut I saw was not an assembly - an assembly is when you put footage together for the first time. Just because the FX weren't finished and the music was temp doesn't mean it's an assembly.

So that everyone's aware, when you go to a test screening, you're given five options of how to rate the film: Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, and Poor. The studio wants people to rate it Excellent or Very Good (Good in the studios' minds pretty much means average). So Jeff Sneider saying it's rating around 40% means that's the number of people who said it was Excellent or Very Good.

Thanks for the context.

Regardless though you didn’t see a final version of the film given FX weren’t finished and it was full of temp music. I would say having the FX finished at least would surely increase the quality of the film in general. As how are you supposed to enjoy action scenes when they’re not finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"