Karnilla Casting Thread

Marz69

Sidekick
Reaction score

Not a big name, but she made an impression on me during Death Race.:cwink:

Natalie Martinez

And I do like the idea of Lucy Lawless as Karnilla from TheCorpulent1, whose name was brought up by p4poetic

lucylawless01.jpg

bsglucylawless.jpg

I would love to see Lucy Lawless as Karnilla. Karnilla always came off kind of MILFy to me, so I'd prefer an older actress, and Lawless is still super-hot.

I would love to see Lucy Lawless as Karnilla. Karnilla always came off kind of MILFy to me, so I'd prefer an older actress, and Lawless is still super-hot.

Karnilla in the script is the same age as Loki and Thor.

That's a shame. It's not too strange, though. Even though she was an adult when they were kids, the Asgardians don't exactly age very quickly.

In the script, did anyone else get the impression that this Karnilla was an amalgamation of Karnilla, Enchantress, and Loki's doting wife Sigyn? She is called Karnilla, but like Enchantress is an ambitious young sorceress adept at seduction, and like Sigyn is devoted to Loki despite mistreatment.

Aw, Karnilla's a Loki lackey in the script? I don't really mind it for a movie, but Karnilla's a better character than that. Oh well.

I have had it for ages, but really need to read the script.

I have had it for ages, but really need to read the script.

I'm only getting round to it now. 70 pages in, really good so far. Almost a shame to know it's been so extensively reworked by now.

Would someone like Mia Kirshner fir their description of Karnilla?

She's super-hot. And she makes out with other women in a bunch of shows.

Hello, Enchantress? ;)

Haha, I want Sienna Miller as Amora, though.

I dunno if we'll get an Enchantress in the Thor films. This Karnilla reads quite a bit like how I'd imagine the Enchantress to be, to the point where if they renamed this character Amora in a redraft, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd prefer that. Amora as Loki's devoted lackey would work. I could chalk it up to her seducing him because his goals coincide with hers.

I dunno if we'll get an Enchantress in the Thor films. This Karnilla reads quite a bit like how I'd imagine the Enchantress to be, to the point where if they renamed this character Amora in a redraft, I wouldn't be surprised.
But then all of the stuff with the Norn Stones wouldn't fit.

I actually liked this interpretation of Karnilla. And she isn't a throwaway like Luthor lackeys in Superman films or anything like that, she's one of the more major characters in the script and has almost as important of a role as Sif does. I'd put them both right behind Thor and Loki as the most developed characters from the first draft.

Oh, and Olivia Wilde :p

I may be clutching at straws here, Corp, but you tell me, you know loads more about Thor than I do. Here is a description of Karnilla as she's developed in the first act, do you think it matches more with Karnilla or Enchantress?

Karnilla is introduced as a young novice priestess - "strikingly beautiful (in a dark, troubled way)" - who has immense magical gifts surpassing even the senior priestesses, who order her to keep these abilities reined in. Loki comes to her, and appeals to her ambition by promising greatness in exchange for her service. As their alliance grows, Karnilla falls for Loki, and maybe he falls for her to - that much is not yet made clear at this stage in the script, he could just be playing her.

But then all of the stuff with the Norn Stones wouldn't fit.

I actually liked this interpretation of Karnilla. And she isn't a throwaway like Luthor lackeys in Superman films or anything like that, she's one of the more major characters in the script and has almost as important of a role as Sif does. I'd put them both right behind Thor and Loki as the most developed characters from the first draft.

Oh, and Olivia Wilde :p

Oh, don't get me wrong, I really like how Karnilla is developed. My issue was simply whether they'd given her the right name, but like I say, I'm no Thor expert.

She seemed fairly Karnilla-ish, they just replaced Balder as her love interest with Loki. I see elements of Enchantress in her the way she was written, but not enough that she was unrecognizable as Karnilla, imo

She sounds more like a very young Enchantress to me. Personally, I view Karnilla as more of a queen before a sorceress. She should have a regal air about her, not be some random sorceress in sorceress school. But it doesn't really matter either way. She's not exactly a huge name in the Thor mythos, so if they skew her character for a movie, I wouldn't mind.

They should have gone with Amora and Sif as contrasting female characters vying for Thor's attention. One is blonde, the other's raven haired. I think Karnila is a waste of characters space and salary as she's not a big one in Thor. There are more marquee personalities like Amora to fit in the movie.

I like the idea of Natalie Portman as Karnilla

I like the idea of Natalie Portman as Karnilla

I do too. I think playing a villian would be good for her, and I think she would bring the level of class that Karnilla requires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"