Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis

heh Finally caught an episode of Two Broke girls lastnight lol Funny stuff man.

You need to see the one where they go to the Sotheby's auction. That black dress. :awesome:

lol I was hoping to see Once upon a time but forgot it's on SUNDAY night not monday! DOH
But Darcy and what's her name went out to eat at a Soup kitchen lol they met a candy store guy.

I'm glad Dennings is in Thor 2. After watching a few episodes of the awful Two Broke Girls, I need to see her in something that reminds me she's actually a good actress. She totally phones it in on that show. It's almost like she KNOWS the material isn't funny and doesn't give a crap when she delivers her lines.

Why anyone watches that show (except to stare at Kat's cleavage) is beyond me. It's terrible.

Oh, I'm glad it's not just me then...I've liked her since 40 Year Old Virgin but I can't watch that show. I hope her role is truly expanded in a good way...and not code for being killed off or just referring to her character dealing with Jane's new stuff.

Kat interview with Metro newspaper

Your schedule has you jetting between London and LA – how are you coping?

Pretty badly. For example, in Thanksgiving Week we filmed the TV show on Tuesday night. On Wednesday morning I flew to London and worked for two weeks, including weekends. I flew home on the Tuesday night and went back to work on Wednesday morning. That’s an extreme though. I will probably never ever do that again. It’svery hard to juggle two characters, two schedules and jetlag. The London-LA jetlag is really rough.

You look good on it.

That’s because I’m not eating and there’s stress involved. I’m telling you the truth. I eat but also get stressed. Then I get nauseous and stop eating. Now I know why people get so skinny. I used to be: ‘What are they on?’ But I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.

When will you be less stressed?

I’m sleeping for the first eight days of this year. Don’t call me, don’t write, don’t text me because I’m sleeping. Beep! Do not disturb

Is there anything you can tell us about Thor 2?

I can’t tell you a lot. I don’t know exactly what they’re releasing, so I’m not sure what I’m allowed to say. And if I say the wrong thing, I’m going to probably be assassinated. The experience has been fantastic. I think the atmosphere of this movie is going to feel a lot more authentic for fans. I think that will be really cool.

What do you watch on TV?

Downton Abbey. But I have to watch the whole thing on DVD. I can’t wait a week to watch the next one. I just got a TiVo for free because I was a presenter at the Emmys and they gave me one. Can you believe I didn’t even have one? I watch TV the old-fashioned way usually but now I don’t have any time at home to relax, I get the DVDs. And I watch shows on iTunes. I like Sherlock Holmes with Benedict Cumberbatch. I just like saying that name.

I hope her role is truly expanded in a good way...and not code for being killed off or just referring to her character dealing with Jane's new stuff.

What do you think they might do to expand her role? She's a political science major, so maybe they could have her draw from that background somehow.

I suppose they could have her nearby and not working for Jane anymore, though that seems a bit improbable that they all wind up in London.

Maybe she'll have to accomplish a task in the story that Jane and Erik cannot if, for example, they are incapacitated in one way or another.

I read that on the train the other day. Kind of funny how she expects people to just know what Thanksgiving week is though, its a British paper most people have no clue when it is exactly.

What do you think they might do to expand her role? She's a political science major, so maybe they could have her draw from that background somehow.

I suppose they could have her nearby and not working for Jane anymore, though that seems a bit improbable that they all wind up in London.

Maybe she'll have to accomplish a task in the story that Jane and Erik cannot if, for example, they are incapacitated in one way or another.

I think they are going to expand the sisterly relationship between her and Jane. Jane's going to be dealing with pretty emotional stuff in this film, she needs a back up.

<Kat Dennings talking about filming over Thanksgiving.>
I read that on the train the other day. Kind of funny how she expects people to just know what Thanksgiving week is though, its a British paper most people have no clue when it is exactly.

I hadn't quite realized she had done that. Yeah, she should have referred to the dates, rather than the event.

As my little public service announcement for the day, in case anyone doesn't know (and wants to know), Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November in the U.S. (and the second Monday in October in Canada, I believe.)

<What do they mean when they say Darcy's role will be "expanded"?>
I think they are going to expand the sisterly relationship between her and Jane. Jane's going to be dealing with pretty emotional stuff in this film, she needs a back up.

I would *love* to see that! I hope they do that. (And I suspect Kat Dennings would enjoy that too, given that she has retweeted at least one of those "Jane and Darcy hanging out as friends" fan art pics) And you're right--Jane will need a friend! (And this film should pass the Bechdel test, too, since its predecessor did!)

I also would be glad if we see something of Darcy's character not directly related to her friendship with Jane. (for example, if she had to accomplish something in the story.)

She (Darcy, not Dennings) should expand, yes. Hopefully early in the film, and violently.

I can picture her boning up on Norse mythology and reading everything to "be prepared" just in case.

Um...*ahem*...not thinking naughty at all...noooooo...no double entendres to see here...

You know...I was watching a video review for Beastmaster 2 and Darcy is not the first person to have knocked out a tall, musclebound blond guy with a taser. Maybe it's no shock that her name is Darcy.

Last edited:
A love triangle between Thor, Jane and Darcy..... Dear lord what a terrible suggestion... Both in terms of pure taste, as well as reasons for suggesting it.
:doh: Agreed.

Expanding on a friendship between Jane and Darcy would be fine, but I'd like to see her stand on her own two legs, and not be so much a comic relief.

I still think it would be a cool idea if in the MCU, they made it so that Loki takes control of her and turns her into Lady Loki to use as bait for some reason or another. Maybe as some excuse to trick Jane into sacrificing herself or something. Just imagine Kat getting to play a serious mischievous role, that would be new for her.

And here I thought the Jane-Thor-Sif triangle was enough for some to cry LOVEBOAT. :fhm:

I'd be happy to play the Don Blake part if they did film that scene. :D

The only way I would like Darcy becoming Lady Loki is if she outwits Loki in the end.

Loki being outwitted by the comic relief character... yeah, I don't see that going over too well.

I would rather Loki kill Darcy as a way 2 get 2 Jane. At least Fury would not move anything for her

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"