Kathryn Newton is Cassie Lang

Third person to play the character now. I can see why if Emma Fuhrmann was busy or they thought Kathryn would be more suitable to be Stature, but it would've been nice to have had the actress they'll use going forward in Endgame already.

Cassie must have a larger role in the movie
I absolutely believe they'll want to set her up for Young Avengers too. We have Cassie, Kate and America confirmed, Wanda's twins all-but-confirmed + the possibility of Iron Lad (because of Kang), Kid Loki (because alt-universe Loki shenanigans), and they could possibly elect to add Kamala or Riri too. Plenty of characters for that team-up to happen.

Third person to play the character now. I can see why if Emma Fuhrmann was busy or they thought Kathryn would be more suitable to be Stature, but it would've been nice to have had the actress they'll use going forward in Endgame already.

I would've preferred Emma Fuhrmann for continuity, and because I thought she did well with her small part in Endgame.

I think Ms. Newton is a good actress. That being said, it is not like Stature is heading up a solo film so why not keep Emma?

I suppose the script must utilize her a lot or else they wouldn't bother to recast.

Fans will notice. I think they need to consider bringing in 2 Cassie's from 2 different universes to appease. :o

I think Ms. Newton is a good actress. That being said, it is not like Stature is heading up a solo film so why not keep Emma?

I suppose the script must utilize her a lot or else they wouldn't bother to recast.

Fans will notice. I think they need to consider bringing in 2 Cassie's from 2 different universes to appease. :o
I know that last part is a joke but this is one of those things that fans will obviously notice but the average moviegoer might not, sad as it is to say. Cassie only appeared in two scenes in Endgame with only one line and a total screentime of maybe 30 seconds in a three hour movie. I feel like they picked Newton because she's had a couple of high profile roles lately in movies like Detective Pikachu and Freaky and she'll likely be carrying the torch once Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly decide to hang up their suits, not unlike Hailee Steinfeld in Hawkeye.

I know that last part is a joke but this is one of those things that fans will obviously notice but the average moviegoer might not, sad as it is to say. Cassie only appeared in two scenes in Endgame with only one line and a total screentime of maybe 30 seconds in a three hour movie. I feel like they picked Newton because she's had a couple of high profile roles lately in movies like Detective Pikachu and Freaky and she'll likely be carrying the torch once Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly decide to hang up their suits, not unlike Hailee Steinfeld in Hawkeye.
and the potential Young Avengers franchise/series? that's coming sooner rather than later. Steinfeld and Newton leading that will be a draw.

I feel bad for Emma Fuhrmann. She was clearly excited and prepared to be continuing the role as Cassie and from her recent tweets, I'm guessing she found out when everyone else did.

I assume when they cast the role for Endgame, they already had an idea as to where they could be going with Antman 3 so it's a shame they didn't stick with Emma or at least choose an actress for Endgame that they were willing to stick with for the sake of continuity.

interesting that they went with an slightly older actress (then Emma's turn as Cassie, in end game, anyway) obviously the original actress (from Ant-man/Ant-man & Wasp) a bit too young, given the jump time... but given the current trend of introducing young female characters, I thought they'd go younger with her

sidenote: I'll give Emma this, she did look more like a slightly older version of {Abby's} Cassie... where Kathryn looks like a whole new character

I feel bad for Emma Fuhrmann. She was clearly excited and prepared to be continuing the role as Cassie and from her recent tweets, I'm guessing she found out when everyone else did.

I assume when they cast the role for Endgame, they already had an idea as to where they could be going with Antman 3 so it's a shame they didn't stick with Emma or at least choose an actress for Endgame that they were willing to stick with for the sake of continuity.

Yeah I feel really bad for her, especially if they didn’t give her a heads up before announcing her replacement. Sounds like she found out with everyone else. Can you imagine finding out you’re fired from your job when your boss announces your replacement to everyone? :csad:

Since her thread is a sticky topic, she will be the breakout starof the film! Yes Ca$$$$ie!

Her costume seems more Stinger than Stature. But I don't mind since it fits better with the other MCU Pym-suits and gives her her own unique color scheme.
stature-cassie-lang-nhan-vat-marvel-7419.png
8920371f0095cdd32c54a8073b0394fe.jpg

Is there a tiny chance Marvel would give her a Disney+ series, especially if we don't get an Ant-Man 4?

I’m happy to have Cassie in this. We’ll get 3 generations of Ant-Man family together now. :cool:

Should lead to a lot of fun between them.

Maybe, though I expect them to just give her a decently sized role in Young Avengers instead.
That seems almost guaranteed IMO. Can’t wait for a Young Avengers announcement. A lot of characters have been setup now that could fit.

True but we barely even see Cassie in Endgame. She's in it for like what? 30 seconds and has no lines.

I thought Newton was poorly served by the script. She didn’t really get much to do until act 3 and she’s surrounded by such massive acting firepower she gets kind of washed out. Her act 3 battle with
modok
was a lot of fun though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"