Keep Hope Alive: Marvel Netflix Series Edition

I highly doubt Simone Missick comes back, despite doing a great job as Misty.

I have an opinion on this whole thing:

- I have my doubts that Charlie Cox is going to be in Spider-Man 3. I think right now, we'll see Tatiana Maslany in Spider-Man 3 defending Peter Parker. He was one of my favorite characters in the Netflix Universe, but until I see something more credible, I tend to believe that this is false for now. If somehow Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock does show up in the MCU, is it the same one as in the Netflix shows or a different version? If it's the same one, do they bring back Elden Hanson as Foggy Nelson and Debra Ann Woll as Karen Page? Same goes if Kristin Ritter shows up in Disney+ MCU project as Jessica Jones. Is it the same one as the Netflix show? Or a different version? Same goes if they bring back Bernthal as Punisher or D'Onofrio as Kingpin.
- I see a majority of the characters being rebooted anyways like Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing and Luke Cage. To me, that's too bad because I liked Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing and Simone Missick as Misty Knight. A lot of the villains would be recast as well. As much as I enjoyed Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple, she really doesn't need the MCU anymore, although I would not mind her returning to the MCU, although maybe not as Claire Temple. I would not mind her as Abigail Brand to be honest.

I hadn’t finished all the shows before they were cancelled, so I’m finishing them up now. (I have Punisher S2 and JJ s3 left)
Just finished my third rewatch of DD and finished Season 2 of Iron Fist.
You know, Iron Fist was definitely the weakest of the bunch, but I actually quite enjoyed season 2. Based on what Finn Jones said the other day, it’s a shame we didn’t get to see season 3.

in regards to DD, that show will definitely go down as not only one of my personal favourite tv shows ever, but one of the best comic book shows. I love all 3 seasons but man, season 3 was next level. I’ve said it countless times already in other threads, but I really hope the Spider-Man 3 rumour is true. Cox as Murdock is just too perfect. Definitely one of my all time favourite superhero castings ever.

He gets asked about these shows all the time. He’s gotta bring at least some of those characters back. It’s clear how loved they are by so many fans.

It is happening. He even mentioned that those shows all have a lot of fans. Feige is just putting this out there as a tease

For sure! There’s just no way that nothing is going to be done with them. It’s been brought it too many times.
It’s not like these shows were like the Inhumans haha. No one is going to be upset if those characters get rebooted. It’s been what, 2-3 years since those shows were cancelled? there’s still so much love for them. They’re bring at least some of them back.m
It would also be nice to put an end to the endless arguments about whether or not they’re canon to the MCU.

He also would always ignore this question in prior years. This is his most direct answer on this subject ever.

Maybe "No Way Home" is also a dig at people staying at home, working from home and doing everything from home. It's like Home? No way, Home.

????

Not a Spider-Man thread, so this post confuses me.

He also would always ignore this question in prior years. This is his most direct answer on this subject ever.
Yep, definitely.
They’re never going to reveal their plans in an interview, but I do think if these shows were really completely dead, they would have said something more concrete by now. The fact that they haven’t and Feige has always been quite coy when asked about them definitely leads me to believe that they have other plans for them.
Fan momentum also helps a lot. If the fans weren’t so vocal, then maybe they wouldn’t care to bring them back.
If fans can get the Snyder cut to become a thing, then Marvel bringing back the Netflix characters is a major possibility.

Yep, definitely.
They’re never going to reveal their plans in an interview, but I do think if these shows were really completely dead, they would have said something more concrete by now. The fact that they haven’t and Feige has always been quite coy when asked about them definitely leads me to believe that they have other plans for them.
Fan momentum also helps a lot. If the fans weren’t so vocal, then maybe they wouldn’t care to bring them back.
If fans can get the Snyder cut to become a thing, then Marvel bringing back the Netflix characters is a major possibility.

Especially when Hiddleston and others in the movie joined the Save Daredevil campaign

Especially when Hiddleston and others in the movie joined the Save Daredevil campaign
Oh, did they? I didn’t know about that! I mean, I know about Hiddleston and Cox wearing each others costumes at comic con, but that was years ago.

????

Not a Spider-Man thread, so this post confuses me.

Whoops wrong thread. I thought I posted that in the Spider-Man thread.

I wasn't even in this thread so don't know how it ended up in here.

This kinda strikes at the heart of my argument for keeping these shows canon in some form or another. The shows and actors have a certain fan-following and Feige knows this. It may not be worldwide phenomenon fan levels, but why restart when you can continue on with material that already has some good will behind it?

In all the “research” I’ve been doing on the topic, I’ve seen people make the argument that the Netflix shows were just too different in tone to the rest of the MCU.
Sure, they were darker, but not everything in the universe needs to be the same tone. The MCU films are filled with plenty of dark moments. bad place, they wiped out half the population for 5 years. The MCU isn’t all happy go lucky all the time.

They don’t even really need to go out of their way to mention the events that occurred in the shows. With the blip, enough time has passed that they can just continue the story from whatever point they want. Doesn’t make the events in the show non canon, they just become events of the past. The only time I feel they would even need to bring up the past events is if they did something with Fisk or The Hand.

There's definitely an Iron Fist dig there ha

Eh, I don't think so. Not saying he is likely to keep IF, but this was just a statement and he had made his point by listing four other shows. He didn't need to belabor the point. Also, he didn't mention Punisher.

I highly doubt Simone Missick comes back, despite doing a great job as Misty.

She's got her own show, "All Rise" now alongside Bullseye Wilson Bethel and Gypsy from the Flash. I'm not sure if she's just given birth recently though and is on maternity leave because she's barely appearing right now and looked authentically pregnant before. I think she might prefer to stick with that show.

As much as I love DD and The Punisher, even if they bring back Bernthal and Cox, I'd rather have them have their own new stories in the MCU.

I mean, they'll always be new stories. The question is whether it'll follow the continuity of the old stories. Or, more accurately, the question will be whether it'll contradict the old stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"