Keep Hope Alive: Marvel Netflix Series Edition

Discussion in 'Upcoming Marvel on Disney+' started by pr0xyt0xin, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

I think enough time has passed that they can both keep the show in continuity, but still have a bit of a different take on the character. Maybe one that is a bit more optimistic and “lighter” in a way?
    that way, it’s still in continuity, but they aren’t married to the exact tone of the TV series.

2. Detective Conan Registered

Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye Series Rumored To Bring Kingpin Back to the MCU

Here’s a screenshot Vincent himself more or less possibly corroborating this story by liking a tweet about it on Twitter.

[​IMG]

D’Onofrio coming back into the MCU would be cool but I’m in the minority who wouldn’t have minded a recast, that being said still nice to have him back in the role(if true that is).

#177 Detective Conan, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Venom 1988 likes this.
  3. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Who would you have wanted recast in the role instead?

I prefer that D'Onofrio remains in the role. But I would like him to play it slightly differently without the growling voice. And he doesn't necessarily need the same backstory of having been in prison like in DD. I would rather have him free and controlling his own empire and being untouchable, much like in the comics.

But I don't see why he'd be in Hawkeye of all shows.

4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

YES!!!!!

If this is indeed happening and most of the Netflix gang starts coming back, my bet is they keep their history vague. I doubt they reference the Netflix stuff directly, but I don't see them contradicting it either

Six and Prison Mike like this.
  5. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

The multiverse let’s them pick and choose, I love it.

I hope DD gets a new costume.

Daredevil, Kingpin, Punisher, Bullseye, Jessica Jones, Kilgrave, should all be brought back. Mike Colter’s performance as Luke Cage left me cold. He just didn’t have the charisma for that role, he was kinda boring in the role. And I 100% want Iron Fist to be completely reimagined and recast.

Punisher is well cast but that show was paced so horribly I couldn’t finish it. I still think Thomas Jane is the best Punisher but Bernthal is good.

Luke Cage was fun at times but nowhere near the of quality of the MCU. Jessica Jones s2, Luke Cage s2, Iron Fist s1 and 2, and The Defenders are valid on their own, but do not meet the standard of quality that has been established by the MCU.

Daredevil as a whole is the only series that holds its own against the film side. The other shows had some great moments and some great characters, but we’re ultimately bogged down by budgetary restraints and weak, slowly paced writing.

#180 The Lazarus Pit, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Dark Raven likes this.
  6. Albright Eeh…

Hawkeyeseems to have a plot very influenced by crime syndicates like Yakuza, Tracksuit Mafia....Kingpin fits in there very well imho - also the plot around Echo

Drizzle likes this.
  7. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Are we just talking shows or movies? Cause several seasons of those shows are better than some of the MCU output. Maybe not Iron Fist, but Jessica Jones, Punisher, and Luke Cage were better than say Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, The Incredible Hulk, etc. Heck, I would say several of those seasons were also better than Falcon and the Winter Soldier. The MCU has a good record of solid films, but they are not all 5 star masterpieces. So let's not like the quality is always Civil War or something

8. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I fell asleep in several season 1 episodes of Punisher and never watched season 2. I found Luke Cage a struggle to get through and I agree he had none of the charisma. Even when he said "sweet Christmas" it just sounded like something he was told to say instead of a genuine expression of surprise etc. And Iron Fist was completely dull.

Incidentally, the TV show "All Rise" was recently cancelled which had the likes of Simone Missick and Wilson Bethel in it, so now they would be free to reprise their roles if they were asked. But I'd be happy with a recast of Bullseye as I didn't like their Poindexter take on it wearing a red DD costume. I'd rather they just forgot about that bit.

TheVileOne likes this.
  9. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I would imagine he would not be in a Daredevil costume next time.

10. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

I’d love to get a MCU affiliated fourth season of Daredevil . It could be a soft sequel to the first three seasons, but more involved with the MCU characters

Venom 1988 likes this.
  11. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

A perfect way to write Kingpin into the show is if some of his assets were disrupted by Clint during his time as Ronin pre-Endgame.

Doug Mills and Albright like this.
  12. Albright Eeh…

Exactly my thoughts

Drizzle likes this.
  13. Detective Conan Registered

I have no idea how accurate this source is, but if true then that would be nice. Take it with a grain of salt for now until more reliable sources either debunk or confirm this story.

14. Mike Murdock Registered

I've never heard of BSL, but DanielRPK seems hit or miss to me.

TheVileOne likes this.
  15. Albright Eeh…

Daniel RPK has a few hits/guesses but a lot misses.

TheVileOne likes this.
  16. Detective Conan Registered

Is Vincent D’Onofrio Returning as Kingpin in ‘Hawkeye’?, The Cosmic Circus
    So Kingpin could look bigger? Like when they say “larger than life” do they mean this larger than life?

[​IMG]

This is from same source to first report Riri Williams was in Black Panther 2 before Feige confirmed it in a interview.

17. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Well, it would appear we won :o

18. TheVileOne Registered

I'm not ready to call this a win yet.

Filmfreak likes this.
  19. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

You do you. I don't much care. I'm taking the W :o

#194 Spider-Fan, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  20. henzINNIT Registered

Charlie Cox just Daredevil'd in a billion dollar MCU movie. Definitely a win.

I'm curious to see what happens going forward. I've been binging the Netflix verse quite a lot lately and am still quite fond of that universe. The big names are obviously where the attention is, but there's a rich list of lawyers, cops, criminals etc. that could fill out the world too. It's ironic that this becomes a thing at a time when I'm no longer really enjoying the MCU, but I'll keep an open mind and eye on what happens.

I wonder how far this will go. The two most obvious and requested returns have happened. Will others follow suit, will everyone be back.These days it seems like the odds are more in favour of familiar faces. I know people don't like Danny but he passed his powers to Jessica Henwick's Colleen by the end of that show. Marvel might like that change, and Henwick is quite invested in that character.

21. TheVileOne Registered

We didn't actually see Daredevil, though. And he was in it for less than a minute.

22. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

We saw Matt Murdock. That counts. They ain't gonna suddenly have a new Daredevil or something. Not sure why the distinction is important

Prison Mike and henzINNIT like this.
  23. henzINNIT Registered

Yeah c'mon. We saw Charlie Cox play a 'really good lawyer'. I don't think the distinction changes the fact that Cox is now the MCU Daredevil.

Spider-Fan likes this.
  24. Dr. Evil Registered

I think when they meant that Wilson Fisk was going to be bigger than the last time we saw him, they likely meant in regards to the fact that Vincent D'Onofrio lost a lot of weight and was likely to be in a body suit, because he looked the same to me.

babykhris likes this.