Keep Hope Alive: Marvel Netflix Series Edition

Discussion in 'Upcoming Marvel on Disney+' started by pr0xyt0xin, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Batgirl0202 Registered

Well the Netflix shows were always promoted as being part of the larger MCU, at least peripherally. I don't believe Feige has ever come right out and claimed they were in their own universe. I think both D'Onofrio and Cox both being in a 'canon' MCU show and movie basically confirms their status.

Besides, it's pretty much a non-issue when you think about it. Just carry on with the characters. The MCU doesn't necessarily have to reference what came before. If Kingpin and DD ever met up, just have Kingpin say something like "nice to see you again" while winking and move on from there. It could mean multiple things, while still providing an Easter Egg to the Netflix show fans.

Spider-Fan likes this.
  2. NHawk19 insert witty comment

Even if they do meet up, NWH makes it all a mess. They could be MCU proper timeline or they could be Netflix timeline. Until you get an event or status that ties them it's still not clear at this point it's probably intentional that they're vague / separate.

They don't want to alienate the people who invested in those shows or AoS by outright stating they're not canon.

Batgirl0202 likes this.
  3. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I'll just say, I'd be kinda pissed if they outright made this explicitly non-canon:
    [​IMG]

Few interactions between hero and villain in any comicbook adaptation are anywhere near as intense as this moment was and Cox is just downright amazing here. If they don't want to rely heavily on the events of the Netflix shows, that's fine, but outright tossing out moments like this by straight up saying the shows aren't canon would be stupidity.

4. Batgirl0202 Registered

I agree completely. I would argue that most of the Marvel Netflix series (with the possible exception of Iron Fist) have elements that deserve to survive as canon...

I hope for D'Onofrio's sake that Cox didn't eat a lot of garlic that day...

XtremelyBaneful likes this.
  5. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

XtremelyBaneful likes this.
  6. XtremelyBaneful xoxxxoooxo

7. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I dont think it means that. Disney could have bought the shows off Netflix or any number of things could have happened we are unaware of behind the scenes

8. XtremelyBaneful xoxxxoooxo

I'm not sure. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. The shows were always referred to as Netflix originals. If ownership changed, I dunno how that fact changes as well.

9. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Streaming isn't exactly the same, but to use TV as an example, Supergirl season 1 was a CBS show (I think CBS) and then it got moved to CW. Shows change network all the time, so best to think of it as the shows going to another network (or platform in this case)

10. XtremelyBaneful xoxxxoooxo

Streaming isn't the same, but it is still television. Netflix can be seen as its own network as well I think.

11. babykhris Registered

12. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

13. XtremelyBaneful xoxxxoooxo

This all started when Disney got the rights for Daredevil back from Fox. And they decided that instead of doing a movie, a tv show would be better suited but still kept in the MCU. And since there was no Disney plus at the time, that's how the deal with Netflix came about.

That's how I always saw it go down.

Batgirl0202 and babykhris like this.
  14. babykhris Registered

Now it’s time to get AOS off of Netflix…

15. Dr. Evil Registered

16. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Cool! Well obviously I’m excited to see Jess Luke and daredevil come back. Iron fist, I have no idea what to do there. I would probably just have the last guy come back for one episode, die and then a new guy takes over based on Alyssa’s upcoming run

17. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

I believe the identity of the new Iron Fist is
    Lin Lie
    [​IMG]
    I'd rather just see him as his original identity in the MCU, instead of just becoming a legacy Iron Fist. For me it kind of does a disservice to that character if you just slot him into the Iron Fist role instead of doing his own origin and powerset.

I'd say either just recast Danny so someone other than Finn Jones can give it a shot or focus on Colleen instead.

#218 SirStrangefolk, Feb 11, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  18. henzINNIT Registered

Iron Fist is kind of the one I'm most curious about, for 2 reasons:

1. It's the character who will benefit the most from this new home. More money for action, nothing really lost for being more family friendly.

2. It's the character that worked the least previously, so there's more question marks over this one. A lot more room for improvement too.

Jessica Henwick's Colleen Wing is now the Iron Fist instead of the less popular Finn Jones Danny Rand. I think Disney could roll with that. I've not seen Jones in anything else but he was fine to me, playing an awfully written character. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at redemption, with more fight training and less angsty writing.

19. Dr. Evil Registered

So does this also include the Punisher leaving? Also I would think that they are all moving to Hulu, which is only still around because Comcast owns a third of it and I don't know if there are any plans that third to be bought out.

20. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Batgirl0202 and henzINNIT like this.
  21. Dr. Evil Registered

22. babykhris Registered

Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Frost Fight! leaving February 24th.
    Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell Animated film leaves February 28th.
    Agents of SHIELD leaves February 28th.

23. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Since other territories outside of the US have everything on Disney+ with Star I'd think the plan would be to eventually integrate Hulu into D+ somehow.

24. XtremelyBaneful xoxxxoooxo

Fxck Finn Jones as Danny Rand. Jessica Henwick purposefully turned down a role in Eternals just to keep the for open for Colleen Wing. Disney should bring her back for that.